Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2013   #1
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 42920 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will the real Jonathan Joseph please stand up

When we first signed JJo, he was a beast. Great in coverage, good tackle, good mentor. But last year he was banged up and got burned a LOT. Plus didn't seem to be able to help out our other corners improve, Jackson did, but he had no where to go but up from his previous play.

My point is, who is the real Joseph? The guy who was borderline shut down, or the guy who can't defend number 2 wide outs? The guy who is a solid tackler or the guy who is timid to hit someone? If he continues to struggle (Miami and now Saints) we could be in for a long year vs the pass again. Hopefully for our teams sake he gets his act together quickly.
Old 08-25-2013   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the real Jonathan Joseph please stand up

Its definitely something to watch. But he stated he was healthy now and last year could be the off/injury year still as we haven't played any meaningful snaps yet. He is a vet, and may just be jealous Reed got to chill in Vail over the weekend.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #3
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26704 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Our entire secondary has been suspect in my opinion.
I've been worried about it since Ponder last year..

JJo looks iffy, Keo is a MESS, and Reed is up on cinder blocks
in the Texans driveway..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #4
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I can see this preseason he hasn't been giving maximum effort. It bothers me some, but at the same time I'm ok with it. He just better step it up when the real bullets start flying.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Let's just face it guys..

We are a pressure blitzing defense, if you don't get to the QB they are going to hit big, that's our game. Hit the qb, hit him again, and again and again.. No JJ Watt tonight, Earl went out early, and we stopped hitting Brees after the 1 quarter.

That is why we have tougher times against the great QB's they get the ball out fast, and in good positions to make it very difficult for our CBs.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Let's just face it guys..

We are a pressure blitzing defense, if you don't get to the QB they are going to hit big, that's our game. Hit the qb, hit him again, and again and again.. No JJ Watt tonight, Earl went out early, and we stopped hitting Brees after the 1 quarter.

That is why we have tougher times against the great QB's they get the ball out fast, and in good positions to make it very difficult for our CBs.
In a blitzing defense, you need corners who can cover for a few seconds.
Old 08-25-2013   #7
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

I been thinking the same WTF is wrong w him? Seems like KJ is always on top of his man and JJo and no where near he's man....

Is he being overconfident?
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2013   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully when game 1 of RS begins we will see a huge uptick in all players. Tate and Crick as well as Jefferson impressed. Jean is looking better also; 2/2 18 yd avg.
Old 08-25-2013   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully when everyone is back we can blitz less. With the players we have we should be able to consistently get pressure with 4 and 5 man rushes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #10
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

On the play he got turned around on, he wasn't even set for the play. He was talking to someone. Definately not pro bowl caliber so far.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #11
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

A rookie turned him around. Yeah I'm concerned.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
A rookie turned him around. Yeah I'm concerned.
It was ugly. I don't Joseph is Albert hayneworthing it. I do think the injuries and lack of confidence are a factor. I can only hope that a healthy d with pressure on the QB can make up for the defensive backfield.
Old 08-25-2013   #13
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you guys are overreacting. If you went by the preseason, Lestar Jean would be in the pro bowl.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #14
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I seriously the only one that sees he's giving half effort right now? It was really evident on the TD, but even on some other plays you could tell he's not going all out. If this carries on into regular season then I'll be pissed, but right now I can see he's really not going full tilt. I'm just assuming he doesn't want to hurt himself before the season starts so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely a scrub bust who should be cut immediately to "send a message". Would probably give us cap savings too.
Old 08-26-2013   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully hes just warming up since its pre season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't think J. Jo. cares much about a backup QB and covering a backup WR in a preseason game. We were seeing the same lack of effort from Tate until today. Seems the preseason media either got to him or at least one of the coaches must've said something, or possibly he just values game 3 more; but, for whatever reason, Tate decided to show up today. It makes a big difference. But, technically at least, Tate is a backup....and J. Jo. still doesn't care about preseason.

I don't see any reason why J. Jo. would perform even worse (much worse, actually) right now than he did in the playoffs last year....unless he just isn't into it.

Some of these guys whose position is in no doubt are mostly just concerned about not getting hurt (right now).

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok listen up ladies....

This is pre season, soldiers who are having war games, dont kill eachother then. They wait until the real war starts
Old 08-26-2013   #19
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it was any player other than Joseph in our secondary, he would be getting obliterated on these boards right now. Preseason or not. Just saying.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #20
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm giving JJo the benefit of the doubt, and hoping that he's just one of those veterans who can't get too enthusiastic about preseason games.

I hope that's the case because we will need him in top form in the regular season.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read