Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2013   #61
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The backup RB battle

It's my fault that my posts are misconstrued often.
On the other hand, I can't keep reminding people not to fantasize and to make things up.

Is there anywhere that I said anything bad about Tate?
Or about not wanting him on the roster?

The fact remains that the Texans just need Foster to stay healthy and some guy(s) to give him a breather now and then.

Obviously, you would want each position to be as stacked as possible in case of an injury. A healthy Tate is definitely better than any of the other guys; that's a given.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #62
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Tate showing flashes of his one good season. I'm glad to see it, I really am. Still though, he was nothing for two of his three seasons. If he comes back this year, that means he's still only batting 500.

Yes, a healthy Tate is better than all the rest trying to make the team, but the question is will he stay healthy. I'll not be happy with Tate until he shows up for most of the season and replicates his one good year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #63
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There are a lot of Tate haters on this board. Understandable, as he has disappointed in being able to stay on the field. At the same time, the wannabe GMs think the Texans could get a high pick for him. Huh?

I am not that impressed with Karim or the UDFAs. I don't see an Arian Foster. More like Darius Walkers and Samkon Gados. I think the Texans would love to get a vet back like Derrick Ward off waivers. I doubt that happens. Let's just hope that Foster and Tate can collectively stay healthy.
Taters?
Old 08-25-2013   #64
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I am not that impressed with Karim or the UDFAs. I don't see an Arian Foster. More like Darius Walkers and Samkon Gados. I think the Texans would love to get a vet back like Derrick Ward off waivers. I doubt that happens. Let's just hope that Foster and Tate can collectively stay healthy.
Lets hope Tate can hang onto the damn ball .... twice today he put the ball on the turf.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #65
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Lets hope Tate can hang onto the damn ball .... twice today he put the ball on the turf.
seems like a few guys had that problem today.
Old 08-25-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Watching Tate today I'll admit I may have forgotten how special he can be...

So we'll just have to find a way to keep 4 runningbacks. Tate is as fragile as Schaub.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-25-2013   #67
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Taters?
Jen's dog?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #68
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's my fault that my posts are misconstrued often.
On the other hand, I can't keep reminding people not to fantasize and to make things up.

Is there anywhere that I said anything bad about Tate?
Or about not wanting him on the roster?

The fact remains that the Texans just need Foster to stay healthy and some guy(s) to give him a breather now and then.

Obviously, you would want each position to be as stacked as possible in case of an injury. A healthy Tate is definitely better than any of the other guys; that's a given.
Tate is another Sharpton situation, love to have him healthy a season especially in a possible SB season but....you just do not know what you are getting. I agree 76 that Foster is the man and we basically need a relief for him. I see Karim as a replacement for Forsett and much faster. If we can get a decent pick I'd do it and go with Wood. If we cannot, Tate remains and we pray for his health as we do for rain, daily.

The WR corps disturbs me a bit also with Hopson still in day 1 of protocols. As of today, we seem to offer MS same weapons as last season. Posey is a slight plus until we know what we have and Jean looked good today. He could give Matt a bit of reassurance if he can win his QB's trust and allow Hopson and Posey time to get healthier. I wished our LBs were this deep.
Old 08-29-2013   #69
gwallaia

Rep Power: 62881 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I become more undecided as the pre-season continues. Johnson and Wood looking great so far.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #70
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I become more undecided as the pre-season continues. Johnson and Wood looking great so far.
Tell me about it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #71
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Carry 3 TEs ???
Old 08-29-2013   #72
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We do have some good RB talent on the team, that's for sure.

Old 08-29-2013   #73
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Would take Woods 1st Like change of pace of DJ but fumbles too much. Maybe stash him on PS. Karim I have never been impressed with.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #74
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Carry 3 TEs ???
Absolutely they carry three .... without a doubt.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #75
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Carry 3 TEs ???
most definitely. we only carried the two last year (plus casey), and they really seemed to wear down at the end of the season. we run too many 2 and 3 tightend packages to be thin here, and i doubt griffin would clear waivers.

as for runningback, wood appears to be the guy for me. i cant trust dennis johnson's hands, and kerim has been pedestrian IMO. wood seems like the best fit for our offense based on his style of running and his strengths.
Old 08-29-2013   #76
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
most definitely. we only carried the two last year (plus casey), and they really seemed to wear down at the end of the season. we run too many 2 and 3 tightend packages to be thin here, and i doubt griffin would clear waivers.

as for runningback, wood appears to be the guy for me. i cant trust dennis johnson's hands, and kerim has been pedestrian IMO. wood seems like the best fit for our offense based on his style of running and his strengths.
I think Karim not getting caries in the regular offense means the Texans have made a decision. also, since both runners ran through the Dallas defense, not as good for either player as it seems.

Foster
Tate
Karim

PS woods
Old 08-30-2013   #77
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I think Karim not getting caries in the regular offense means the Texans have made a decision. also, since both runners ran through the Dallas defense, not as good for either player as it seems.

Foster
Tate
Karim

PS woods
Woods will be picked up by someone before he makes it to our practice squad.

Old 08-30-2013   #78
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think cierre makes the roster. He's run well whenever given the opportunity.
Old 08-30-2013   #79
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think cierre makes the roster. He's run well whenever given the opportunity.
They would have to carry four RBs for that to happen IMO. I'm thinking Karim makes the final roster before Woods. Stanger things have happened though. I would just really hate to lose Woods.

Old 08-30-2013   #80
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
They would have to carry four RBs for that to happen IMO. I'm thinking Karim makes the final roster before Woods. Stanger things have happened though. I would just really hate to lose Woods.
I don't know what they'll do with karim and honestly I don't really care all that much. But I think they'll keep cierre.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read