Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Pre-season 8/25/2013, Game 3 vs Saints + Top 5 things you are interested in seein

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
The defensive front has me as excited about the Saints DL as I've seen in a while.

A real test this weekend, though.
Don't put too much stock in what you see this weekend. We've yet to see the OL play we've gotten accustomed to.

We're sure Duane Brown, Chris Myers, Brandon Brooks, & Derek Newton will be starters... not sure what's going on at LG yet.

Newton doesn't look ready to play, don't know what he's doing out there. IMO Brooks hadn't "meshed" yet with Myers & Newton (& Newton's injury may be part of that)..... & my man DB76... it's as if he knows these games don't count & he hasn't got "that" focus yet.

Pass pro has been... meh & run blocking hasn't been any better. Your guys will probably look like monsters, pro bowlers all around, but you should take it with a grain of salt.

Unless you see us man handling you. If this bunch of guys are manhandling your DL Sunday, you've got serious, serious issues.
Old 08-25-2013   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/25/2013, Game 3 vs Saints + Top 5 things you are interested in seein

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Expect lots of company.
I'll be banging the pi$$y drum if we start off slow again.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #23
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

We're the only game at the time.

Expect Schaub to fold like a cheap card table.
Old 08-25-2013   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like both sides are taking this game as a game that will answer many questions about their respective respective seasons. Good look into how the Saints intend to approach this game.

New Orleans Saints' starters taking dress rehearsal vs. Houston seriously
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it sounds wierd, but I want to see Schaubs mobility.

Yeah I know... he's not going all Vick on us, but I would like him to show SOME movement on the pocket or on play actions, just enough to indicate that on a good day, with the Wind in his back, going downhill, he would be able to run the bal for 3-4 yards.

Other than that, OL & ST... and no injuries
Old 08-25-2013   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
You might want to get a time lapse camera. Just saying.
Old 08-25-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Yeah I know... he's not going all Vick on us, but I would like him to show SOME movement on the pocket or on play actions, just enough to indicate that on a good day, with the Wind in his back, going downhill, he would be able to run the bal for 3-4 yards.
I think Matt's mobility today is irrelevant & has no bearing on what we really want to know.

We know his mobility through the first twelve games was good enough to perform like we expected him to. Regardless how "mobile" Matt is today, we don't know how that will hold up as the season goes on. Can he be "Matt" through 16 games? 12 games? 10 games? 8?
Old 08-25-2013   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Matt's mobility today is irrelevant...
And if it's not irrelevant, it's certainly oxymoronic.
Old 08-25-2013   #29
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Matt's mobility today is irrelevant & has no bearing on what we really want to know.

We know his mobility through the first twelve games was good enough to perform like we expected him to. Regardless how "mobile" Matt is today, we don't know how that will hold up as the season goes on. Can he be "Matt" through 16 games? 12 games? 10 games? 8?
And that goes for any position and every player...
Old 08-25-2013   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

What ya complaining about............I'm making ya "mobile," ain't I?

Old 08-25-2013   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Other than that, OL & ST... and no injuries
Last pre-season game:

(4:33) 8-M.Schaub pass short right to 18-L.Jean to MIA 15 for 19 yards (56-J.Freeny).

He dropped back and then left the pocket to his right and made the throw on the run. If he hadn't been looking downfield, he could have run and gotten several yards.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #32
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

From the Times-Picayune..........more of a review of the development of the 3-4 Wade D.

Houston Texans' success in 3-4 defense a model for New Orleans Saints
Old 08-25-2013   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

There's really nothing I'm looking for from Matt. I pretty much have a good idea what he brings to the table for a chunk of the season. Matt just needs to stay healthy and get his mind right.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #34
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just what if the 2010 2-minute Matt Schaub comes back?

Yeah, I know, I should stop drinking the , but still. What if?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Just what if the 2010 2-minute Matt Schaub comes back?

Yeah, I know, I should stop drinking the , but still. What if?
It ain't no koolaid you've been drinkin'
Old 08-25-2013   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt wants to play QB now...

Little preview video to get your juices flowing: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...3-7a5cdea0a622

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Ben Jones starts for Wade Smith. Lestar Jean starts for Hopkins. Ben Tate starts for Arian Foster. #TexansTalk

Willie Jefferson will start for Mercilus. Jared Crick and Tim Jamison are the starting defensive ends for Watt and Smith. #TexansTalk

Hopkins, Posey, Bonner, Reed, Pleasant, Mercilus, Hunter, W. Smith and A. Smith are out for #Texans.

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #37
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Damnit Bonner, better make that IR or Practice Squad
Old 08-25-2013   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Shane Lechler looks like the will be a go today. Dropping the hammer in pregame. #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #39
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #40
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

NO new Def doesn't know who AJ is lol
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read