Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-24-2013   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster 3rd overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I've had Martin at number 2 since before the talk of Arian's back. The kid almost broke 2,000 yards receiving/rushing in his rookie season. He's getting offensive lineman back healthy and I think He'll be a beast this year. Also at 5'9 215 he's built like Ladanian Tomlinson.

Foster scares the hell out of me. Huge workload 3 years in a row now, not to mention 4 playoff games in the last 2. Reading docs breakdown on his injury doesn't sound very promising.

The coaches in Buffalo are going to ride Spiller til the wheels fall off but at 5'11 195 that could be sooner rather than later. He could be the best RB in the league or he could fight injuries all year but that's FF for you.

Everybody but AD and imo Martin have huge question marks this season so it's almost like throwing a dart. I'm very risk adverse in the first round so I took Lynch 5th overall. Obviously anybody can get injured but I feel like I know what I am getting with him moreso than with Charles/Mccoy/Spiller/etc.
Doc's analysis area almost always pessimistic in their presentation. Pretty sure Foster is probably going to be fine for the season and get his TD's.
Old 08-24-2013   #22
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
What do you get for trading down? We've never done pick trades before.
I didn't ask for anything, I was just happy to be out of the spot. My picks aren't as spread apart now. That was the benefit.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #23
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

CJ Spiller appeared to injure his right knee in the Bills' third preseason game.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
CJ Spiller appeared to injure his right knee in the Bills' third preseason game.
He came back into the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
He came back into the game
But he was still limping. They shouldn't have let him come back in.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #26
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Doc's analysis area almost always pessimistic in their presentation. Pretty sure Foster is probably going to be fine for the season and get his TD's.
That's a very well worded point and I agree. I also am pretty sure Foster is probably going to be fine for the season, just not as sure as I am about a couple other guys.
Old 08-25-2013   #27
DFlo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respected

So the overall consensus from you Texans fans is that Foster is still a top 3 back? And that his injury shouldn't be a problem?

As far as the Spiller questions - I'm a Bills fan so I can answer those for you. Last year it was Freddy's backfield until CJ took over. Once they were both healthy and CJ took over it was about a 60-40 split. Gailey never really let CJ be the bellcow and rightfully so.

I think CJ will get injured sooner or later this season. The last two preseason games he's limped off after taking a hit. Usually after running the ball 3-4 times in a row. They're also going no huddle this year on offense, so a fatigued undersized back getting run into the ground is a bad recipe. If he stays healthy, he is probably the #1 pick, he's going to get crazy touches. Either way, if you take Spiller, take Freddy too.

That being said, if Foster and AP are gone, I'm probably taking CJ because it would make Bills games that much more interesting for me
DFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #28
DFlo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respected

I took Foster 3rd overall, but didn't manage to get Tate as his handcuff. And I've been hearing some alarming things about a timeshare backfield. Is there anything I should be worried about with Ben Tate?

Also, please rate my team below, 10 team 0.5ppr

QB: Brees
RB: Foster, Chris Johnson, David Wilson, Gio Bernard
WR: Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, Tavon Austin, Emmanuel Sanders, Justin Blackmon
TE: Gronk, Jared Cook, Julius Thomas
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: None
Old 08-26-2013   #29
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamal Charles all day in a ppr league. Reid is going to make Charles look like LeSean McCoy on steroids.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
And usually correct.

Hope you're right about Foster though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
I took Foster 3rd overall, but didn't manage to get Tate as his handcuff. And I've been hearing some alarming things about a timeshare backfield. Is there anything I should be worried about with Ben Tate?

Also, please rate my team below, 10 team 0.5ppr

QB: Brees
RB: Foster, Chris Johnson, David Wilson, Gio Bernard
WR: Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, Tavon Austin, Emmanuel Sanders, Justin Blackmon
TE: Gronk, Jared Cook, Julius Thomas
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: None
How do you have no defense? That's odd to me. I'm concerned about your WR quality/depth. Be looking to trade for a WR1.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #32
DFlo
Rookie

I will make a cut and pick up a defense and play them based on the matchups week to week
Old 08-27-2013   #33
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Took foster 5th overall tonight. No regrets.
Old 08-28-2013   #34
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I have third pick in my league tonight i will only take Peterson and Martin over Foster.
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read