Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013   #521
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

I just clicked this thread by habit and realized I don't have it in me to talk/read any further on the subject until maybe next week.

Not even a complaint, just a spontaneous observation. Carry on.
Old 08-22-2013   #522
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I just clicked this thread by habit and realized I don't have it in me to talk/read any further on the subject until maybe next week.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-22-2013   #523
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nobody likes a quitter.

I do the same thing, thread after thread. I'm also used to people not liking me, though.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #524
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't realize what I said was offensive. I actually went out of my way to say "not a complaint." Sorry if I stepped on any toes.

I love this thread. In fact it's been one of the more interesting preseason threads I can recall for some time and thought I was making a post laughing at myself more than anything. I'm sure to be back enjoying the posts after the next game.

Old 08-23-2013   #525
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
... thought I was making a post laughing at myself more than anything.
Just leave the laughing at you to us buddy..... we don't need your help.

Old 08-23-2013   #526
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34563 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates is #2 off the bench against the saints. I hope this means
Keenum starts against Big D.

(man I want him to look good against Jerruh)

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #527
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 33m
RT @DoughertyDrew: QB @TJ_Yates will be first off bench after Matt Schaub, according to Kubiak.
Expand
TJ wins.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #528
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
TJ wins.
I would consider it a win if both Yates and Keenum were on the final 53 and back in camp next year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #529
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
It does (assuming Keenum doesn't fall on his face against the Saints). Kubiak said his decision is not based on performance.. said TJ was the first one up week one, Keenum week 2, and he wants to rotate starts. Said he'll try to split the time equally and see how it unfolds.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #530
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I would consider it a win if both Yates and Keenum were on the final 53 and back in camp next year.
At this point, I think that's pretty certain to happen now.
Old 08-23-2013   #531
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
At this point, I think that's pretty certain to happen now.
I hope so. As big a Keenum fan as I am, and I am, I only want him to succeed and make the team because he earned it. I was a Texans fan long before Keenum showed up.

I just think it would be totally cool if hometown boy UH QB college star become our NFL big time star. I'll continue to drink the Keenum Kool-Aid until the bottle runs dry. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #532
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care who wins the back up job really. I just would like both to be on the roster.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #533
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

They both will have to earn the right to be on the roster; it's that simple for me.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #534
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I hope so. As big a Keenum fan as I am, and I am, I only want him to succeed and make the team because he earned it. I was a Texans fan long before Keenum showed up.

I just think it would be totally cool if hometown boy UH QB college star become our NFL big time star. I'll continue to drink the Keenum Kool-Aid until the bottle runs dry. LOL
I hardly ever watched him play in college (UT fan..), which is why I find it funny when people act like the only people who are excited and support Keenum are UH homers.
Old 08-23-2013   #535
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
They both will have to earn the right to be on the roster; it's that simple for me.
Pretty sure they've already done that.. from here on out both guys will have to play really bad football and play their way out of a spot in order to not make the final cut. After what happened in 2011, I don't think Kubiak doesn't want to not have a third option.
Old 08-23-2013   #536
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hardly ever watched him play in college (UT fan..), which is why I find it funny when people act like the only people who are excited and support Keenum are UH homers.
I watched Keenum play a few plays in his whole career. And it was in his senior year when they were undefeated and lost that last reg season game. That's it.

But I have gone back and watched some clips and I've seen every snap he's taken as a Texan.

I'm excited about him too. He has a presence about himself this season. And the way he moves and makes quick decisions and quickly gets the ball out with accuracy and velocity is very impressive.
Old 08-23-2013   #537
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
I hope we don't see Tj at all against Dallas.

It should be Keenum, then McGee. Give McGee a chance to win a spot with someone.
Old 08-23-2013   #538
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After what happened in 2011, I don't think Kubiak doesn't want to not have a third option.
Wow, it isn't often you see someone pull off a triple negative.
Old 08-23-2013   #539
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wow, it isn't often you see someone pull off a triple negative.
Quote:
Pretty sure they've already done that.. from here on out both guys will have to play really bad football and play their way out of a spot in order to not make the final cut. After what happened in 2011, I don't think Kubiak doesn't want to not have a third option.
That was pretty good though!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #540
Rey
Hall of Fame

And it makes sense. That's a good catch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read