Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2013   #81
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster's Week 1 availability in doubt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think they asked him about being frustrated dealing with his injuries. Really a harmless question.

But really, I don't care about his attitude towards media. I'm concerned with how he sounded when he said I love the game "BUT"...

It's obvious that Arian isn't consumed with football. Which is fine. As a person I respect that because I can relate to that on a first hand level. As a fan I'm worried that our star RB may not have the same hunger and dedication like a Watt or a Dre or even a Schaub. What that equates too if true, I don't know.
He had answered question about how he doesn't value preseason, he's fine, etc. The question asked to him assumed he should have some level of frustration missing out on practicing in the preseason.

Just because he doesn't say all the eat breathe football things doesn't mean he doesn't put in the work. I was watching his work on the rehab side field, am familiar with his off-season training. It isn't like he's sitting around eating Shipley's.

If we criticize every non-robot answer a athlete gives then we as a fanbase deserve only robot answers. I actually enjoyed listening to the presser. He's very straightforward.
Old 08-22-2013   #82
CharloTex
All Pro

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
All the media carping about Arian's attitude is a bunch of hot air. Texans Chick had no issue with the interview. Foster doesn't read from the same-old-same-old yada, yada sports quotes list that is regurgitated around the league every day ad nauseum. Media types all fussy because they didn't get their textbook quotes to plug in to standard sports article template #14 -- RB returning from injury.

Foster has in the past given some of the most interesting and unusual interviews I've heard from a football player. He's not going to be "on" every time.

Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he didn't get any sleep because of his son. He thinks for himself and knows he's a commodity with a short shelf life. Some days, I guess he's not willing to follow the script. I couldn't care less. Dude has been a baller and should continue same. That's all I need from Arian. ( Although I'd love to sit down and have a conversation with him about all things not football some day.) I just hope he can get/stay healthy.

rep
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #83
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure what all the hoopla is about. Foster knows his body, and if he wants to go all Belichick about it then so be it. He gave us 350 carries last year. He is a professional, and will be ready to go when he is ready to go. Not even worried.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #84
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

All I'm saying is to most of the champions in this league, football is number one. To Arian it seems football might not be #1,2,3,4 etc.

All of us here want the Houston Texans to win a championship for our city. And if Arian isn't willing to help us and give the team his full effort, than we aren't getting anything. He got paid and his family is taken care of, so we will just have to wait to see where his heart really is. And to see if he really does care for the game.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #85
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
All I'm saying is to most of the champions in this league, football is number one. To Arian it seems football might not be #1,2,3,4 etc.

All of us here want the Houston Texans to win a championship for our city. And if Arian isn't willing to help us and give the team his full effort, than we aren't getting anything. He got paid and his family is taken care of, so we will just have to wait to see where his heart really is. And to see if he really does care for the game.
There's zero chance of him being in the shape he is in if he didn't put his career #1. Zero.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #86
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

After hearing the actual interview, I was a little dissapointed
at how "pissy" he sounded when he was responding to the questions.

This town loves it players, but much-more-so, historically, when
the come across as "nice guys".

Aka Watt, Earl, Dream, etc.

After making everyone wait for 3 hours (or so I've heard) you could
atleast be pleasant.

Part of his job is interfacing with the media -- and by extension,
the fans.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #87
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

He accomplished what he set out for. For his family to be taken care of. All his hard work paid off for him. Now does he have it in him to WANT to become a champion. Thats the question.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #88
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
After hearing the actual interview, I was a little dissapointed
at how "pissy" he sounded when he was responding to the questions.

This town loves it players, but much-more-so, historically, when
the come across as "nice guys".

Aka Watt, Earl, Dream, etc.

After making everyone wait for 3 hours (or so I've heard) you could
atleast be pleasant.

Part of his job is interfacing with the media -- and by extension,
the fans.

TJ
Eh. Regarding the 3 hour wait.

Some in media who were not there assumed that Foster made them wait. After I asked, did you ask the Texans if there was something else going on, Kevin Cooper in PR said on Twitter:

Quote:
he was getting treatment and weights. Wednesdays are long days.

we kept updating media on his progress giving approx. timeline
I'm okay with him doing what he needs to do before meeting with media.

As it relates to his answers, he can be short with things he is not interested in answering. He's got burned in the past regarding injury discussions. i.e. hamstring, heart scare.

So, it was clear he didn't want to do a discourse on his health other than saying he was fine.

The better way to answer the question would be to say, "I know there are people interested in the details of my health. I would prefer to keep that quiet other than saying that I'm fine, I'm ready to go Game 1, even if I don't play in the preseason."

That would be more polite. I personally thought he sounded like he was joking around. And I don't take players/coaches being short with me personally.

Ultimately, if you get with Arian that he doesn't like to be treated like a commodity, and thinks that there is too much over-analysis and speculation, then it is easier to ask him questions. But it is never easy, easy to ask him about football. With non-football, you can get him to answer all sorts of outside the box sorts of things.

Generally, I try not to assume the worst in people. And let them be whoever they want to be. Every player has a different style--personally, I enjoy Foster's style even though it can be short, because it's more real/interesting than the robot talk.
Old 08-22-2013   #89
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
He accomplished what he set out for. For his family to be taken care of. All his hard work paid off for him. Now does he have it in him to WANT to become a champion. Thats the question.
Eh.

He got paid. After getting paid, he did workhorse stuff last year.

It's a team game. I have no complaints about his effort.
Old 08-22-2013   #90
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is unbelievable... get real people. He's gonna do his best to bring a championship home.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #91
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Man you guys are quick to turn on our guy! Our O-line was crap last year and Arian turned goat piss into gasoline. Perhaps injuries and the constant "when are ya gonna be healthy? WHEN WHEN WHEN???" is draining him and he's probably just ready to play some real football.

Arian is going to have a career year, mark it.
HAHA i didnt turn on the guy, i just replied to what he thought he heard foster say. I didnt hear the interview. It was more of a smartass reply than anything.

I like Foster, always have.
Old 08-22-2013   #92
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster=Ying
Watt=Yang

I could care less if he plays in preseason..He was used A LOT last year Sony rest is good IMO

Not understanding if people commenting on if he is mailing it in after getting paid.

You think Kubiak would go for that? Nope. Hell I don't think Foster would go for that
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
He's always had a broader perspective. See his comments on fantasy football, where he basically said he dislikes it in the way it objectifies the players.

I don't think any of this is "new." I think he's being contrarian and his patience is wearing thin.
Broader perspective? He needs to realize that unless he's playing football everybody except his family could care less about his perspective of life. Foster isn't some kind of deep thinker say like Ghandi. He's a RB.

I do believe because of his back/calf injuries it's doubtful he makes it through the season. Regardles of how minor Gary says Fosters injuries are.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Ray Graham is our best rb outside of Foster, but why he isn't getting more chances is starting to piss me off.
He may have solidified his chances with the team, or they truly want to get him on the practice squad & don't want to advertise the goods.
Old 08-22-2013   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
My guess is the RB w the best blocking and pass catching ability out of the backfield gets the nod as the 3rd back. Our run blocking is suspect and with Hopkins and our TEs looking good I have a feeling Schaub is going to have 600+ passing attemps this year.
I still think pass protection is important for our running backs, but we've come a long way since 2006, we've come a long way since Arian's rookie season 2010. As such, it may not be as high on the priority list as it used to be.

Our OL may not need the help they did in the past. Greg Jones may be our primary blitz picker upper. Matt does a pretty good job of getting the ball out on time.

Who knows?
Old 08-22-2013   #96
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think they asked him about being frustrated dealing with his injuries. Really a harmless question.

But really, I don't care about his attitude towards media. I'm concerned with how he sounded when he said I love the game "BUT"...

It's obvious that Arian isn't consumed with football. Which is fine. As a person I respect that because I can relate to that on a first hand level. As a fan I'm worried that our star RB may not have the same hunger and dedication like a Watt or a Dre or even a Schaub. What that equates too if true, I don't know.
He was consumed with getting paid. Now he's not.

Looks like Rick may have made another mistake by signing Foster to that big contract.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #97
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

When I see Arian slacking on the field I'll worry.
Old 08-22-2013   #98
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry...

Couldn't hear over your Pom poms..

But seriously, I haven't turned against anyone. I voiced a concern.
I was one of the few who denounced Antonio Smith's actions in the Incognito situation, and I'm a huge fan of Ninja. If Foster was slacking off I'd be the first to call it out. Glad to see a quality response from you. As always, you add so much to the conversation...
Old 08-22-2013   #99
mmwest
Site Contributor

Section: 638 The one always standing & yelling.
Rep Power: 0 mmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respected

The man gets criticized because he didn't eat meat and now because he's not what you call a media boy. He does nothing but perform on the field and that's good enough for me.
On a side note I don't think many of us (me too) could handle what the New York media must be like.................fricken sharks is my guess.
Old 08-22-2013   #100
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

The GQ version of Arian Foster wants us to all relax. He's got this.

TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read