Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013   #801
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Hopkins is in phase one of his concussion protocol. No new news on if he plays Sunday. #texans

Kubiak stated that he doesn't feel it's necessary for Foster to get snaps before San Diego. #texans

Kubiak said after talking with Antonio Smith that Smith feels like he really let the team down. #texans

Kubiak said that Foster did well in first practice off PUP list #texans

Kubiak says Mercilus is very close to coming back. #texans

Arain Foster off Pup according to Kubiak. Practiced today. Most likely wont play Sunday. #texans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
"They’ll give us some fair opportunities to give our side. I think we’ve got a legitimate case to present," #Texans GM on Antonio's appeal

#Texans GM Rick Smith expressed disappointment in Antonio Smith's actions, but said the team will support and participate in the appeal.

Kubiak says Whitney Mercilus is closer to getting back on the field. Tim Dobbins is back on the field today. #Texans

Kubiak says he is disappointed in himself re Antonio Smith because it's his job to make sure their players keep their composure. #Texans

"The key is we have a couple good weeks of practice" Kubiak said on foster. Doesn't think he'll play Foster Sunday. #Texans

Arian Foster practiced Wednesday and will be taken off the physically unable to perform list. #Texans
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Rick Smith says the team is disappointed about Antonio Smith's suspension.

Kubiak said team still pushing to have Wade Smith for opener.

DeAndre is in Phase 1 of 5 of concussion protocol still not ruled out for Sunday.

Kubiak said he doesn't think Foster will play Sunday.

Arian Foster was practicing but limited today.
Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Quote:
Tim Jamison and Jared Crick will compete to see who replaces Smith in the starting lineup, but both will contribute. #Texans

But players "have a job when they get out there to maintain their composure regardless of circumstances. No excuses." #Texans

Kubiak says he "has to make sure my players keep their composure on the football field. That's my job." #Texans

Kubiak "disappointed" in himself and Antonio Smith for actions that led to suspension. #Texans

LG Wade Smith is also possible for the San Diego game despite scoped knee. #Texans

Kubiak says Foster won't play during preseason but he expects him back for opener at San Diego. #Texans
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
DE Delano Johnson fined $7,785 for late hit.

Texans CB Brandon Harris fined $21 grand for hit on defenseless receiver against Miami.

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-21-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #802
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
What exactly are you looking for from the FB in a preseason game?

Blocks that can spring an RB for some extra yards. Greg Jones was widely considered the second best FB behind Leach when he was with the Jags, so more of that if it was possible.
Old 08-21-2013   #803
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

$21K seems excessive for that hit. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it didn't look intentional to me.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #804
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
$21K seems excessive for that hit. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it didn't look intentional to me.
u see the hit by the bears rookie LB that he got fined for, total BS. The league is getting a little out of hand
Old 08-21-2013   #805
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
His actual fine will be $5955. The CBA does not allow a fine to be more than 25% of a game check. Bostic makes $405k.
Old 08-21-2013   #806
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
His actual fine will be $5955. The CBA does not allow a fine to be more than 25% of a game check. Bostic makes $405k.
He made something like $900 for the preseason game, not a full regular season game check.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #807
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't suppose anyone has a video clip of B Harris' hit in question do they? I'd really like to see it and don't know how to go about it.

IMO, these fines (as everyone previously mentioned) are getting so ridiculous and out of hand, they are going to cause more and more Dustin Keller scenarios to unfold. When you have a rookie coming into the league (DJ Swear) and already he's trained to go low to avoid a fine, this mantra is going to eventually be spread around the league.

Last time I checked your knee isn't supposed to bend backwards, but I believe this will be the new normal in football thanks to that D bag Goodell.

When you get hit high you excite the fans and you eventually get up. When you get hit low, generally you bring the place down and you're carted away. You're going to have to make a choice between these 2 because you can't delegate a defender to hit a moving/juking target in a 6" window.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #808
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I don't suppose anyone has a video clip of B Harris' hit in question do they? I'd really like to see it and don't know how to go about it.
There's no doubt he hit him in the head. The question is about the size of the fine. $21,000 is pretty hefty & probably a big portion of his paycheck. He's not one of these guys that make millions.

Quote:
IMO, these fines (as everyone previously mentioned) are getting so ridiculous and out of hand, they are going to cause more and more Dustin Keller scenarios to unfold. When you have a rookie coming into the league (DJ Swear) and already he's trained to go low to avoid a fine, this mantra is going to eventually be spread around the league.
That hit was a perfect storm of events & truthfully probably had little to do with the NFL fines & rules. Dj was not going to hit that big boy high. Small guys hit big guys low all the time, always have, always will. That's the only way they can bring those big guys down. (Not that Dj is little, but relatively speaking, he wasn't going to be hitting Keller high).

But the NFL is going to have to do something. If these fines & suspensions are affecting the game that much, they're going to have to put a limit on cuncussiongs. 3 concussions & your career is over. That's really the only "safe" way to go about it.

Quote:
Last time I checked your knee isn't supposed to bend backwards, but I believe this will be the new normal in football thanks to that D bag Goodell.
D BAg???? What would you do? If you were the commisioner & there was a growing list of players suing you for effects they suffered from playing the game? If there are at least two players who killed themselves because of it?

DBag??

Get a life.
Quote:
When you get hit high you excite the fans and you eventually get up. When you get hit low, generally you bring the place down and you're carted away. You're going to have to make a choice between these 2 because you can't delegate a defender to hit a moving/juking target in a 6" window.
90% of Dunta Robinson's hits were low. Glover Quin generally targets areas below the waist. Kareem is a sure tackler, but most of his hits are & will be at the waist or below.

It's part of the game. Always has been always will be. It wasn't that Dj hit Keller low, it was that Keller was coming down on that leg as Dj hit him. Had Swearinger hit him a second earlier, or 2 seconds later, Keller would have finished that game.
Old 08-22-2013   #809
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing about the Swearinger hit is that he made a tackle in the Vikings game like that and I think he made 1 or two more tackles like that in the Dolphins game.

I hope he doesn't change the way he tackles. That's one of the things I like about him. He's a good one on one tackler. He gets guys on the ground in a hurry most times.

Tackling low has been practiced by DB's for as long as I can remember.

But I do think that with the new rules you're going to have guys that would have normally gone up high, aiming lower on certain hits.

Hopefully there are no more devastating injuries.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #810
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There's no doubt he hit him in the head. The question is about the size of the fine. $21,000 is pretty hefty & probably a big portion of his paycheck. He's not one of these guys that make millions.
Harris makes $674,938. The max fine which can be collected is 25% of one game check. So his fine will be $9925.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
He made something like $900 for the preseason game, not a full regular season game check.
Fines come out of a regular season check after the fine becomes final. They are never based on the preseason.

Last edited by infantrycak; 08-22-2013 at 12:25 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #811
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

#freeantoniosmith
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #812
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
D BAg???? What would you do? If you were the commisioner & there was a growing list of players suing you for effects they suffered from playing the game? If there are at least two players who killed themselves because of it?

DBag??

Get a life.
Cool bro. I'll work on getting a life.

Wait until someone like Larry Fitzgerald has this happen to them, then the game will change again. Stand by your man though, maybe you won't hate what happens next.

Did anyone find a video clip of that hit? I obviously tried Google, but got nothing, generally this forum is my goto because they have every video clip before I even know there is an issue that needs to be watched.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #813
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro

Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Antonio might also entertain wearing a cup next time he tangles with Incognito.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #814
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

.... TK's statement is very reasonable , whether I agree with it or not.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #815
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Who izzat??? ............. click on the photo to see which Texans are pictured here:

Quote:
Hopkins is still in phase 1 of the concussion program. Ruled out for Sunday. #Texans

Ed Reed will have his surgeon in Vail take the last look at Reed and that will be the last step before Reed returns to Houston. #Texans

"It's over. The kid did nothing wrong. It's over." Kubiak on D.J. Swearinger's hit on Dustin Keller. #Texans #Dolphins

Kubiak said Arian Foster's reps went from 10 to 20 today. Said he felt good coming out of yesterday's practice. #Texans

Kubiak says it's too early to say if he'll keep 3 QBs but "we've got two very good ones" and you don't let good players go. #Texans

Asked how he'd make a call if they're neck in neck, Kubiak says: "Somebody's got to lean." #Texans

Kubiak says he'll decide tomorrow which backup quarterback will go second on Sunday. #Texans

"Boy we've got some tough decisions to make. I've got to look at a lot of players in the second half," Kubiak on roster #Texans
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Kubiak said Bonner is doing better but definitely won't play this week. #TexansTalk

The surgeon will take a last look at Ed Reed in Colorado and then he'll be back in Houston. #TexansTalk

Kubiak said he doesn't see Foster playing this weekend. #TexansTalk

"He looked good. He did more." -- Kubiak on Foster #TexansTalk
Quote:
Mercilus day-to-day according to Kubiak. He could play Thursday possibly. Wade Smith should hit field with trainers Monday. #Texans

DeAndre Hopkins has been ruled out this week. He is still at stage 1 of the concussion protocol and feels about the same. #Texans

He put his pads on with everybody else. he went from about 10 reps to 20 today." Kubiak on Foster at prac. Doesn't think he'll go Sun#Texans James

"We're going to the end with this thing." - Kubiak on the backup QB battle. #Texans

David Hunter will miss a few days with an ankle sprain. Most likely won't play Sunday. #Texans
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
"We have not moved forward. We're still at Phase 1."-Kubiak on Hopkins & concussion. He won't play vs. Saints.

"Ben's going to play a lot. Will probably get spelled by Deji"- Kubiak on Ben Tate & Deji Karim this Sunday vs. Saints.

Kubiak said #Texans RT Derek Newton has had a "really good camp". Some good with bad, but he's improving.

Kubiak: Drew Brees is 1 of best QB's in NFL over last 14 yrs. "Heckuva test" for #Texans.

Kubiak: #Texans backup QB battle will go "all the way to the end" between Yates/Keenum.

Kubiak: #Texans have tough decisions to make w/regards to roster cuts. 2nd half of Saints game is good chance to see that.

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-22-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2013   #816
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

84 is earl Mitchell. I Played a few games there in that uniform.

Top is Cushing I think.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #817
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Duane Brown today -- reads bottom-to-top...

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 9m
"It makes me more confident in my hands."- @DuaneBrown76 on how offseason boxing workouts have helped him. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 10m
Duane Brown said Derek Newton gave up a sack but didn't let it get to him. Brown said that was different. #TexansTalk

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 10m
In terms of technique and avoiding being called for holding, Brown said learned a lot from Chester Pitts and Eric Winston. #Texans

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 10m
LT @DuaneBrown76 credits former #Texans teammates Ephraim Salaam, @ericwinston & @ChesterPitts for helping him improve.

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 11m
LT @DuaneBrown76 said he didn't become a technician at his position until a couple years ago. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 30s
Duane Brown thinks Incognito is an "Intense" player. Added he was a nice guy at the Pro Bowl. In terms of dirty Brown said, "Not my place."

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 2m
in terms of keeping composure on the field, Brown said "You have to keep your team in mind." #Texans #Texanstalk

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 14s
LT @DuaneBrown76 said it's great to see Arian Foster out there "shaking off the rust", and he's a big part of the offense.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 1m
"We're holding ourselves more accountable than any other year." - Duane Brown. #Texans. #Texanstalk

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 1m
Duane Brown says the focus of the team is at an "all-time high." #TexansTalk

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 2m
"I was a little shocked the way the play developed." Duane Brown on his rare holding call last game. #TexansTalk
Old 08-22-2013   #818
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rule on fines & appeals for excessive amount:

Quote:
Here’s the rule, from Article 46 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement:

“On appeal, a player may assert, among other defenses, that any fine should be reduced because it is excessive when compared to the player’s expected earnings for the season in question. However, a fine may be reduced on this basis only if it exceeds 25 percent of one week of a player’s salary for a first offense, and 50 percent of one week of a player’s salary for a second offense. A player may also argue on appeal that the circumstances do not warrant his receiving a fine above the amount stated in the schedule of fines.”

A player’s weekly pay is one-seventeenth of his salary...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-paid-players/
Old 08-22-2013   #819
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Wait until someone like Larry Fitzgerald has this happen to them, then the game will change again. Stand by your man though, maybe you won't hate what happens next.
Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.... what are you going to do?
Quote:

In August 2012, autopsy results found no evidence of trauma in Seau's brain. In January 2013, however, the National Institutes of Health said a study of Seau's brain had revealed abnormalities consistent with chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE. Later that month, Seau's family announced that they were pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit against the NFL. The Seau family also announced that they were suing Riddell, the maker of the helmets used in the NFL.

The lawsuit against the NFL cited a 1993 film, NFL Rocks, in which Seau, asked how he felt about dealing out and taking so many punishing hits, said: "If I can feel some dizziness, I know that guy is feeling double [that]."
Old 08-23-2013   #820
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
If I don't hunt, I don't eat' - #Texans rookie D.J. Swearinger hasn't watched Killer hit, isn't backing down #NFL

#Texans' Swearinger: "It's whatever way you've got to do that, that's what defenders are going to do. Whatever does it, does it." #NFL

#Texans' Swearinger was confident, uppbeat after #Dolphins game. Mentality has carried through this week. Calmly discussed hit Thursday.

#Texans' Swearinger hasn't watched replay of Keller hit. "Truthfully, I've tried to let it go. I'm sorry. I pray he has a great recovery."

#Texans' D.J. Swearinger: "You can't have any second thoughts on the field. You've got to do what you're going to do." #NFL

#Texans' D.J. Swearinger made his name as a hitter. He'll keep hunting, despite noise after Dustin Keller hit. #NFL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read