Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Excellent read from Seth Payne, former Texan turned journalist

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
Titans guard says he locked Watt down except for two sacks, which is like telling your 9th bastard child that the rhythm method works great.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #22
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
hahaha
Old 10-29-2012   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
NFL has gotten a little more lenient about untucked jerseys. I would have enjoyed being able to show off my REO Speedwagon tramp stamp.
Quote:
I make wife call me Belichick to remind her that she should never leave me, and I call her my little Pioli.
Quote:
Tony Romo is like a great painter who just can't help wiping his boogers on the canvas every now and then.
Quote:
The Dez Bryant route tree resembles an ancient Pirate's treasure
On RG III:
Quote:
Shanahan is like a 13 year old that just discovered his own dick. It's a great piece of equipment, Mike, but it can only take so much abuse.
Old 10-29-2012   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
Radio is done in 11 minute segments. Easy to learn b/c that's how I do sex: 5 minutes foreplay, 2 minutes sex, 4 minute apology, break.
Old 10-29-2012   #25
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.
idymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
Fans of bad teams will find these new NFL bags wholly inadequate. pic.twitter.com/7VOg9do6vs

Old 08-16-2013   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL

Great article! And this thread is hilarious!..........and the hits just keep on coming!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #28
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL

These might work just fine if your team is sooo bad, you want to suffocate yourself...
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #29
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a damn good read. His writing style is similar to mine. Starting different sentences with the same words "It defines me..."

EDIT: Yeesh, didn't realize this was such an old thread.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #30
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Seth Payne Thread

Love that guy. He's always got the really solid takes.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Payne was on 610's drive home show today, replacing Josh Innes. The show was very enjoyable and I never changed the station. Which would never happen if Innes was there.
Old 08-16-2013   #32
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Payne was on 610's drive home show today, replacing Josh Innes. The show was very enjoyable and I never changed the station. Which would never happen if Innes was there.
Agree. Seth, Mike Meltser and Rich Lord. Good show.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #33
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I'm not sure if this kind of thing is frowned upon here or not, but I had Seth on our podcast the other night (warning: explicit language). Mods, if this is a problem, feel free to let me know or remove.

http://lysbpodcast.com/2/post/2013/0...tionpayne.html

Seth is a good dude and I'm glad to see him doing so well on 610 these days.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #34
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
When my daughter loses a tooth I'm reminded that she's getting older, but that she's still too young to understand jokes about meth mouth.
Old 08-20-2013   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
TV station taught me how to properly apply makeup, so unlike my sister I won't have to listen to my stepmother say I look like a prostitute.
Old 08-20-2013   #36
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Seth Payne and Mike Meltser might very well be the best show on Houston sports radio today.
Old 08-20-2013   #37
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Seth Payne and Mike Meltser might very well be the best show on Houston sports radio today.
I like Kuch and Kalu on 790 also. I hate that their shows overlap.
Old 08-20-2013   #38
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I would agree that it is.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL 12h
Quote:
We've got @KHOU Sports Extra coming up in 4 minutes.

Quote:
Gonna squeeze in a CrossFit workout between now and then.
Old 10-01-2013   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
JJ Watt doesn't bleed, he just lets his blood out for some fresh air.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read