Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2013   #121
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Even though Crick may start next season, he is no where as good as Ninja. I'll miss him on the field and hope it doesn't cost us.
I'd start Earl Mitchell at Antonio's position, he can and has played DE, and then start the guy behind Earl on the DC who's been looking so good in preseason at Nose.
BTW, how stupid is Antonio to do this to himself and his team ? Sounds like something a 21 year-old rookie would do, not a 30 something NFL vet.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #122
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Texans DE Antonio Smith will be appealing his fine and one-game suspension.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #123
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the fine and suspension are warranted - but I think it`s a disgrace, that Incognito gets out of this again without a fine...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #124
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man if Smith is going to get suspended for 2 pre-season and the season opener, I wish he would have at least added an extra punch.

Sucks I won't get to see the Ninja play in SD!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #125
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He just needs to accept the suspension. I'd hate to see 1 regular season game turn into 3 regular season games.

Last edited by Texn4life; 08-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #126
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
He just needs to accept the suspension. I'd hate for 1 regular season game turn into 3 regular season games.
Let's hope he smartly sits out the preseason games and is appealing only the regular season one.
Old 08-20-2013   #127
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He just needs to accept the suspension. I'd hate to see 1 regular season game turn into 3 regular season games.
Never heard of a suspension getting worse when appealed. Now the total games of 3 could get pushed back into regular season which would be bad.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #128
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

At least he showed some restraint in dropping the helmet. Could have done serious damage if he had really tried to hit him.

What he should have done is yanked Incognito's head around and punched him during the next play and take a 15 yd penalty if need be. At least its preseason. Then he could have argued that it happened the previous play.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #129
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Supposedly the basis for his appeal is that the helmet never made contact.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #130
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Tate ‏@BenTateRB
Quote:
Unfair treatment of Antonio..the League continues to let one of the known dirtiest players get away without even a slap on the wrist
Old 08-20-2013   #131
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Never heard of a suspension getting worse when appealed. Now the total games of 3 could get pushed back into regular season which would be bad.
What made you think I was talking about anything other than total games? I don't believe there's a precedent for a situation like this, but I wouldn't put it past the league to say the suspension is for three games preseason and regular season so appeal at your own risk.

Hopefully the process can be expedited
Old 08-20-2013   #132
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What made you think I was talking about anything other than total games? I don't believe there's a precedent for a situation like this, but I wouldn't put it past the league to say the suspension is for three games preseason and regular season so appeal at your own risk.

Hopefully the process can be expedited
I would seriously doubt that the "change" from 2 to 3 would be due to an "appeal" rather than initial inaccurate reporting.
Old 08-20-2013   #133
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would seriously doubt that the "change" from 2 to 3 would be due to an "appeal" rather than initial inaccurate reporting.
That's not what I'm referring to. Right now he's suspended for a total of 3 games. If the appeal process goes into the season I would hope the league wouldn't say he needs to serve the full 3 games during the regular season should he lose. You know how Goodell loves to treat preseason games like regular season at least when it comes to ticket prices. Like I said there's no precedent for this that I can think of so who knows what the outcome would be.
Old 08-20-2013   #134
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Antonio Smith apologizes to Texans/city of Houston for suspension he's appealing: "Regardless of what outcome it might be or what I think, a suspension hurts my team. In hurting my team it hurts the city."
Old 08-20-2013   #135
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

And fox sports 1 crew going after Smith again right now. Only showing helmet swing, nothing before leading up
and all saying the league and Goodell needs to send a message. Tiki Barber, Glazer, Urlacher, all of em..
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #136
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's not what I'm referring to. Right now he's suspended for a total of 3 games. If the appeal process goes into the season I would hope the league wouldn't say he needs to serve the full 3 games during the regular season should he lose. You know how Goodell loves to treat preseason games like regular season at least when it comes to ticket prices. Like I said there's no precedent for this that I can think of so who knows what the outcome would be.
I would suspect that he could and would appeal only the in-season suspension while adhering to the preseason suspension(s) until he heard. I am sure the appeals process would have a quick turn around under the circumstances.
Old 08-20-2013   #137
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would suspect that he could and would appeal only the in-season suspension while adhering to the preseason suspension(s) until he heard. I am sure the appeals process would have a quick turn around under the circumstances.
I would certainly hope so.
Old 08-20-2013   #138
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

What exactly is the NFL going to fine Incognito for exactly? I know Hands to the Face is illegal in the context of the game, but they don't retroactively fine players for missed penalties, that's a terrible precedent to set. The refs share a little blame for missing these very egregious penalties by Incognito, leading to the rest of the confrontation (of course they didn't penalize Smith for going all Ninja on the helmet swing either, so those guys are bozos all round). The NFL should definitely have had a close eye on Incognito for his reputation but as far as fines/suspensions for Incognito for this incident I just don't think the stuff he did warrant that punishment.

Ritchie Incognito is a piece of **** Guard who relies on Courtland Finnegan type tactics to get under players skin in order to get them penalized or ejected. Those guys exist in this league and when you do things like swinging helmets at them you are playing into their hand. Antonio Smith is (what I thought) a much better player than that and could keep his temper in check, and while I doubt he cares about my opinions, but it's disappointing.
Old 08-20-2013   #139
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
What exactly is the NFL going to fine Incognito for exactly? I know Hands to the Face is illegal in the context of the game, but they don't retroactively fine players for missed penalties, that's a terrible precedent to set.
They have done it before. Happened a fes times last year where players were fined for non-flagged plays.

Here are a couple examples:

Kenny Philips

Golden Tate

Here is an article on it - Link
Old 08-20-2013   #140
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Glazer reporting (ticker on FS1) no official decision has been made by the NFL on Smith yet.

I already didn't like Glazer, but this dude is all over this story.... and wants the house brought down on Smith.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read