Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013   #461
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
On some other NFL forums I post on the Case/TJ battle is getting attention from fans of other teams. Lot of them are waiting to see if one gets release or Case gets put on the PS.
Can you post some links? Would be interesting to see what other people think.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #462
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected

Go to Texas Chick's thread on Kubiak's historical rosters. He has carried 3 qb's in each of the last 4 seasons. I doubt very seriously he changes that this season.
idymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #463
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...xans-qb-fight/

I don't care who's writing, I just want the information.

In summary:

Keenum and Jean worked together in the off-season;
that's a good thing to hear.

Jean likes Keenum's ball placement;
That's also good to hear.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #464
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
Go to Texas Chick's thread on Kubiak's historical rosters. He has carried 3 qb's in each of the last 4 seasons. I doubt very seriously he changes that this season.
Nah, they will sign a veteran and put Keenum on the PS.

Old 08-20-2013   #465
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...xans-qb-fight/

I don't care who's writing, I just want the information.

In summary:

Keenum and Jean worked together in the off-season;
that's a good thing to hear.

Thanks for posting.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #466
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I see what you did there Sir Stirrer of the Pot....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #467
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's always good to see chemistry in the making.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #468
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #469
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not taking the bait.
idymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #470
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You make a joke out of me!

Old 08-20-2013   #471
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
Not taking the bait.
It wasn't intended for you, haha!
Old 08-20-2013   #472
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If I get what I want and we trade or cut MS after 2014, would you re-sign Yates for 2015 (if he would agree to reasonable deal + accept a back up role to Keenum or would you look elsewhere? Currently I am looking for a QB in next draft. It takes 2-3 years to develop so why not get one soon?
Before we draft the next Pat White, Colt McCoy, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, or Drew Stanton, I want to see Tj and Case in a real game.

If I were Kubiak & I thought my future at QB is a problem worthy of a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, I would find a way to get Tj/Case into a game. They're both talented, they're both pretty sharp, they've both had plenty of time to learn the system.

If I felt like my QB situation is fine, with a combination of Schaub, Yates, & Keenum.... I wouldn't. Yates/Keenum would get in a game if something happened to Schaub, that's it. I'm expecting to win a championship in 2013. I think Schaub is going to be a big part of that. His contract will most likely be extended through 2018, expecting him to be our starting QB through 2016 when he'll be 35.
Old 08-20-2013   #473
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Schaub's contract is untradeable $40 million left over 3 seasons. If a team wanted Schaub, they would just wait until the Texans released him, then sign him to a cap friendlier deal. Yates would certainly be picked up if released. I don't know what kind of trade value he would have. Recouping the 5th round pick invested would be the ceiling, I would think.

Yes, we are way, way, way ahead of ourselves.
Schaub's 2014 cap hit will be $14.5M If we cut or trade him his cap hit would be $13.5M, we'll save $500K if we cut him.

His 2015 cap hit will be $17M, if we cut or trade him his cap hit would be $7M, we'll save $10M

His 2016 cap hit will be $19M, if we cut or trade him, his cap hit would be $3.5M

Matt Schaub becomes tradeable after the 2013 season. He becomes very tradeable after the 2014 season. Assuming there is a market for someone of his skill level...
Old 08-20-2013   #474
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Schaub's 2014 cap hit will be $14.5M If we cut or trade him his cap hit would be $13.5M, we'll save $500K if we cut him.

His 2015 cap hit will be $17M, if we cut or trade him his cap hit would be $7M, we'll save $10M

His 2016 cap hit will be $19M, if we cut or trade him, his cap hit would be $3.5M

Matt Schaub becomes tradeable after the 2013 season. He becomes very tradeable after the 2014 season. Assuming there is a market for someone of his skill level...
He's tradeable assuming someone is willing to take on his contract ($12.5MM in 2014 + $1MM roster bonus, $14.5MM in 2015 + $1MM roster bonus)
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #475
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Before we draft the next Pat White, Colt McCoy, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, or Drew Stanton, I want to see Tj and Case in a real game.

If I were Kubiak & I thought my future at QB is a problem worthy of a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, I would find a way to get Tj/Case into a game. They're both talented, they're both pretty sharp, they've both had plenty of time to learn the system.

If I felt like my QB situation is fine, with a combination of Schaub, Yates, & Keenum.... I wouldn't. Yates/Keenum would get in a game if something happened to Schaub, that's it. I'm expecting to win a championship in 2013. I think Schaub is going to be a big part of that. His contract will most likely be extended through 2018, expecting him to be our starting QB through 2016 when he'll be 35.
I just don't see it. Schaub is who hs is. Schaub is 32 now and I doubt all of a sudden he will turn elite. If our running game is going and defense is good, we can win with him. Schaub won't carry this team on his back tho.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #476
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I just don't see it. Schaub is who hs is. Schaub is 32 now and I doubt all of a sudden he will turn elite. If our running game is going and defense is good, we can win with him. Schaub won't carry this team on his back tho.
Tom Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since he began carrying that team, & I seriously doubt Aaron Rodgers would have carried that team to a Super Bowl without the #2 rated defense getting healthy at the right time.

Matt is who is he is & that's not the guy we saw at the end of the 2012 season. Of course he isn't the guy that led the league in passing in 2009, he's somewhere in between.

That guy that helped us win in Denver, Detroit, & yes.... Jacsonville. That guy can help us win a Super Bowl. & if he shows up for the greater part of the play offs, we'll win a Super Bowl.
Old 08-20-2013   #477
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tom Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since he began carrying that team, & I seriously doubt Aaron Rodgers would have carried that team to a Super Bowl without the #2 rated defense getting healthy at the right time.

Matt is who is he is & that's not the guy we saw at the end of the 2012 season. Of course he isn't the guy that led the league in passing in 2009, he's somewhere in between.

That guy that helped us win in Denver, Detroit, & yes.... Jacsonville. That guy can help us win a Super Bowl. & if he shows up for the greater part of the play offs, we'll win a Super Bowl.
I hope so. I'm putting a few $k on the Texans this year to win it all.
Old 08-20-2013   #478
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
That "elite" tag is somewhat misleading. How many people consider Eli Manning to be "elite" when most of his season totals are pretty pedestrian. Luck has as much to do with being called "elite" as straight up talent does. It took two incredibly lucky passes for Eli to win 2 SB's and be named MVP in them. Football is more team-oriented than any other team sport. You simply don't see a single player who can take a team on his back and take over a game, a series or a season very often in the NFL. I know that's just one example, but there are plenty of others to be found at different positions.
Old 08-21-2013   #479
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Brady went to two more though and was a helmet catch away from winning one of those. And Rodgers was balling. He is elite and carried that team. We saw what he did the year after that. Detroit and Jacksonville were weak teams and showed signs of the fall of the team after those games. I remember people saying that even though those games were won, they still felt like losses. Then the losses actually came. I don't think we can look to Matt to carry us against elite teams when we have to in the playoffs. Hope we are firing on our other cylinders.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013   #480
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Who here thinks that Yates looked really good in his time vs Miami? I do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read