Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2013   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The OLBs

If Tuggle, Jefferson and Braman make the roster ill feel good about our LB corps. If we go into the season with merci, brooks, trevardo and mont as rotation guys I'm going to probably need some hard liquor for Sundays this fall.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #42
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh...and I'm not worried about the inside guys. Those guys are going to make some plays this season. Cush, mays and sharpton is a solid trio of inside guys. Dobbins is gravy.

I'm much more worried about the pass rush and Joseph. Jjo starting to look a little suspect. Not playing like a top tier corner. Season 1 was his highest point. Kareem has been better for over a year now.

Danieal hasn't been all that hot either.
Old 08-20-2013   #43
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

OLB's gonna be fine. Least of our problems. In fact the entire defense is going to be rolling this year barring injuries.

What kills the 2013 season if anything can kill it will be OL play.

(again, other than injuries. Injuries change everything)
Old 08-20-2013   #44
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
OLB's gonna be fine. Least of our problems. In fact the entire defense is going to be rolling this year barring injuries.

What kills the 2013 season if anything can kill it will be OL play.

(again, other than injuries. Injuries change everything)
What have you seen from Reed and Mercilous to make you feel that way? I feel this is the worst unit on the entire team
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Oh...and I'm not worried about the inside guys. Those guys are going to make some plays this season. Cush, mays and sharpton is a solid trio of inside guys. Dobbins is gravy.

I'm much more worried about the pass rush and Joseph. Jjo starting to look a little suspect. Not playing like a top tier corner. Season 1 was his highest point. Kareem has been better for over a year now.

Danieal hasn't been all that hot either.
When both Watt and Cushing get on the field together, the back end should look better.

At least, I hope so.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #46
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
When both Watt and Cushing get on the field together, the back end should look better.

At least, I hope so.
Maybe when Cush gets his 'game legs' back. He looked pretty rusty to me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #47
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Considering he just started doing team drills a little over a week ago I would say that was to be expected.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #48
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
He may have been 'football' rusty, but he had his quicks back. The 1st play had to knock a lot of that rust off, because he was pancaked.

I like he and Mays together working the inside. Another game or two together and they should be fine. The OLBs? Pffft! Haven't seen anything to make me feel any better than last season.
Old 08-20-2013   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He may have been 'football' rusty, but he had his quicks back. The 1st play had to knock a lot of that rust off, because he was pancaked.

I like he and Mays together working the inside. Another game or two together and they should be fine. The OLBs? Pffft! Haven't seen anything to make me feel any better than last season.
Yeah, somebody really knocked the rust off of him.
Cush needs to send the guy a thank you note.
Old 08-20-2013   #50
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
What have you seen from Reed and Mercilous to make you feel that way? I feel this is the worst unit on the entire team
To me, Reed looks more lean this year. He looks quicker to me. But he still plays plenty strong.

I think he's getting ready to have a really good year. Reed is so good against runs to his side. To me it looks like he's going to be better pass rush wise this year as well.

I wish I could see merciless though.
Old 08-20-2013   #51
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yeah, somebody really knocked the rust off of him.
Cush needs to send the guy a thank you note.

Welcome back, Cush.

Thmps, mnn.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #52
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Saints just cut Chase Thomas. Anyone know anything about him? His pre draft info looked pretty damn good actually:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...5/chase-thomas

WOW! BRB wanted us to draft him in the 2nd round:

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/1/...t-chase-thomas
If I were the Texans I'd take a long look at him, but I might move him to ILB where his lack of quickness wouldn't be such a negative factor for him. If his pass coverage of TE's, RB's, and zone coverage can improve then he'd be worth a minimum investment and possibly a year on the mystery IR bench or PS for development.

Overall, yes OLB worries me.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #53
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wish I could see merciless though.
OK, Rey. I'll try to get you into the trainer's room.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #54
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Nobody here is putting him, we are all Cushing fans here, but he's not back to
his top form, far from it, and it's going to take some time, maybe the 2014 season before we really see the player that began the 2012 before his injury.
It takes time.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #55
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Nobody here is putting him, we are all Cushing fans here, but he's not back to
his top form, far from it, and it's going to take some time, maybe the 2014 season before we really see the player that began the 2012 before his injury.
It takes time.
Nobody said he's back to himself, but I think he'll be back to normal soon. And I call bullbutter on 2014. Cushing + football + contract year = Balls out
Old 08-20-2013   #56
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
LoL..yeah...

That might be where I'd have to be to see him...
Old 08-20-2013   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Quote:
LoL..yeah...

That might be where I'd have to be to see him...
And Sharpton in another week or two. Dude probably has his own table in the training room
Old 08-20-2013   #58
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

OLB is still a big question mark for me and probably will continue to be through the season. I think we'll see several players rotating through out the season until someone steps up. Hopefully, Reed and Mercilus will take the lead but at this point I don't have a lot of confidence in either and having a bunch of mid-round draft picks and undrafted free agents doesn't help the situation. Overall, I think the defense will struggle this year. Just too many question marks in a lot of critical areas.
Old 08-20-2013   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's funny right there, LOL!
Old 08-20-2013   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Saints just cut Chase Thomas. Anyone know anything about him? His pre draft info looked pretty damn good actually:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...5/chase-thomas

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Quote:
Raiders claimed LB Chase Thomas off waivers from the Saints.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read