Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2013   #101
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Antonio is a really good player, but if the Texans can't beat the Chargers and possibly the Titans without him then I would say we're not really Super Bowl contenders.
I get what you are saying, but 2 games dont make a season. However, I firmly believe that the Texans will win both of those games even if Smith gets suspended.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #102
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fines. I don't know (or really care) how big they'd have to be, but this business of keeping a player out of a game(s) for retaliation on a blatant, multiply applied foul is unfair to his teammates, coaches, & fans. Smith is not a guy who just does dirty stuff; he just isn't quite shrewd enough to not retaliate after a play in which somebody is trying to hurt him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #103
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyway, maybe he would've been injured in one of those games he now won't even play in...

Life's a beatch.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #104
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Richie eating this up...

@68INCOGNITO
Be sure to tune into Fox Football Daily @FFD on Fox Sports 1 at 6pm Eastern tonight. I personally guarantee it will be entertaining.
I usually keep my composure on twitter but not in this case,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The NFL should suspend the official standing there digging his buhole. I mean, how can you miss something with so much commotion such as swinging helmets and hands under facemasks. Dumbass

The thing that bothers me is Smith allowed this assbag to get into his head. I couldn't care less about that fat bastard, but Antonio needs to keep his cool.
Hence the problem I believe the NFL has. Their OWN DAMN OFFICIAL saw nothing to warrant a flag.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #105
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I get what you are saying, but 2 games dont make a season. However, I firmly believe that the Texans will win both of those games even if Smith gets suspended.
That's my whole point. Every team deals with injuries all the time. Those 2 games should be wins with or without him, but if the Texans miss him that much during that time I'd say we have some major issues.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #106
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's my whole point. Every team deals with injuries all the time. Those 2 games should be wins with or without him, but if the Texans miss him that much during that time I'd say we have some major issues.
Wont miss him. Crick is the starter next year anyway so its all good.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #107
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I say the Texans start off 2-0 too. He'll be needed after that though.
Old 08-20-2013   #108
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trying to look on the bright side. Crick could use the experience, Smith could use the rest for the home stretch and he avoids injury risk while resting. If we can manage win(s) while he is out we are all the better for it.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #109
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Per @AdamSchefter, the league will suspend Antonio Smith for both preseason games left and 1 regular season game. #Texans

So one real game, gone for San Diego.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #110
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even though Crick may start next season, he is no where as good as Ninja. I'll miss him on the field and hope it doesn't cost us.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #111
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

That's definitely fine with me, and I'd say Antonio got off lucky there if that's the case. No way we should lose to the Chargers without him.
Old 08-20-2013   #112
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wait, we can't pick which game?? NFL should do an online vote for Texans fans to determine that. That would be fun and great pub for the league!
Old 08-20-2013   #113
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...xans-suspended

Quote:
Smith declined to talk about the scuffle, telling reporters after the game that he "took a blow to the head. I can't remember."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #114
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol I would've said the same thing.
Old 08-20-2013   #115
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Thinking out the box here. Initial reports by Schefter were 2 preseason games. Enter Jay Glazer and Fox reporting, and Scheft new report is it extends into reg season.

Just a thought anyway.
Old 08-20-2013   #116
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thinking out the box here. Initial reports by Schefter were 2 preseason games. Enter Jay Glazer and Fox reporting, and Scheft new report is it extends into reg season.

Just a thought anyway.
Schefter has been kind of all over the place lately with certain reports.
Old 08-20-2013   #117
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

Just a thought anyway.
Fox.. ugh I hate them around the board.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #118
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Schefter has been kind of all over the place lately with certain reports.
Maybe true. Haven't noticed. I always considered his sources a lock in the past.
Old 08-20-2013   #119
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68426 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener

I would have expected a pretty hefty fine. I don't think a suspension is called for myself. And what about Richie? I'm sure he gets off scot free?
Old 08-20-2013   #120
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener

Ed Werdner complained on twitter. That's why they added the 1 game.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read