Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2013   #61
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Did you even watch the video? Are you blind? Serious question, because if you're blind, I want you to disregard my complete contempt for your lack of ability to even see what is happening in front of your eyes. Incognito didn't just put a hand under Smith's chin in a measly illegal usage fashion. It's asinine that you'd even equate it to that. He didn't just grab the facemask in an uncomfortable manner. He grabbed hold of Smith's facemask and proceeded to wrench the hell out of his neck. Then, when any normal person would realize he had hold of a facemask, Incognito wrenched his head some more. I swear. Uncomfortable? Have you ever had your head wrenched around? Some of you people are f....

Never mind.
I played football, and I fought/wrestled/grappled for the better part of 9 years, so yes, I've had my head wrenched on tons of times. I'd rather have my facemask torqued over getting smashed in the head with a helmet any day of the week. I guess you'd rather have your head smashed in. By your logic, trying to run you over with my car but missing is admissible, since I didn't actually hit you with it.

Last edited by NastyNate; 08-19-2013 at 11:23 PM.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #62
Rudyball
Rookie

After watching the play and replay angles it is not clear the helmet even made contact with Ignacio. It was close but you can see daylight in between his head and helmet. Ignacio's head is pulled down from the helmet coming off and snaps back out of the swing fast enough to keep away from the contact. His head would have snapped back as a helmet blow connected if contact was made and that never happens.

So, yes, it was non football action but no harm no foul I say.
Rudyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #63
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyball View Post
After watching the play and replay angles it is not clear the helmet even made contact with Ignacio. It was close but you can see daylight in between his head and helmet. Ignacio's head is pulled down from the helmet coming off and snaps back out of the swing fast enough to keep away from the contact. His head would have snapped back as a helmet blow connected if contact was made and that never happens.

So, yes, it was non football action but no harm no foul I say.
Doesn't matter if he connected or not,the intent was there and there is no place in football for it.
Old 08-20-2013   #64
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Look it was dumb, you can't argue that, Antonio had nothing of value to gain from what he did. However if his intent was to hit him with helmet through the entire event, he would have hit him. That was a warning shot. For those that think he was trying to hit him then Smith should face more than a suspension he should face criminal charges.

Smith deserves a large fine, but that is it, probably like 50k. If the NFL had partial game penalties I could possibly get behind that as well, I could see a one quarter suspension if that existed.
Old 08-20-2013   #65
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Look like he got him pretty good from this angle, front page of msn

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?video...om=en-us_msnhp

He's getting flamed for it
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #66
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

this is really getting to me. guys like finnegan i've got no real problem with on the field, he's in your face trying to piss you off and screw up your game however possible. i hate the guy, but he's a football player.

guys like suh and incognito should've been kicked out of the league already. their intent is to injure. this is twice now that antonio is getting caught for RETALIATING against incognito. at what point does the guy starting it by trying to injure players get the focus? it's on video. the first time trying to break antonio's ankle, this time wrenching him around by his facemask before taking a swing at smith. is the message here that you're supposed to just take it when a player is trying to end your season?
Old 08-20-2013   #67
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
However if his intent was to hit him with helmet through the entire event, he would have hit him.
You guys are ridiculous. You didn't see Incognito move his head out of the way? Retaliation or not doesn't make two damn bits of difference, the intent to smash his head with the helmet was there, and if Incognito were a second slower I imagine you guys would be singing a much different tune.
Old 08-20-2013   #68
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
is the message here that you're supposed to just take it when a player is trying to end your season?
No, you simply let the ref know what to key in on and continue to play the game without losing your cool. JJ Watt uses hands to the face quite a lot but doesn't get called for it, is he a malicious dirty player? Two differing circumstances to differing degrees, but something has to get through to you homers Texans fans or not. If someone swung their helmet at Schaub like that you'd call for a lifetime ban.
Old 08-20-2013   #69
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
No, you simply let the ref know what to key in on and continue to play the game without losing your cool. JJ Watt uses hands to the face quite a lot but doesn't get called for it, is he a malicious dirty player? Two differing circumstances to differing degrees, but something has to get through to you homers Texans fans or not. If someone swung their helmet at Schaub like that you'd call for a lifetime ban.
as pointed out in the jay glazer video, a referee is in position to see the whole thing. the league is well aware of incognito's actions but doesnt respond. the officiating crew should have been (or were) aware of the past between these two players and i highly doubt this was the first issue saturday.

are you saying that incognito is NOT a malicious dirty player? can you name a texan with a remotely similar reputation?

if a player is trying to injure you, the league and the ref's havent responded, at what point do you take matters into your own hands?
Old 08-20-2013   #70
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Blow to the head, blow to the head, whatever. Cushing woulda just took it head on and bled like a man.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #71
Scooter
Funky

i enjoy most of your posts nate but your examples here are horrible ... watt, schaub and a car. there are better examples in the game. finnegan wanted a fight and got one. there's a reason andre wasnt suspended - dude had it coming. shoving, hands to the face, talking mess ... that ended how it should've. helmets off and start swinging. no intent to injure, just a heated situation.

a better example is brett favre. the saints were trying to take him out - end his season (which they succeeded) or his career (arguably succeeded). the league said "dont do that", and two years later were finally forced to take action when the assaults added up. me? i think favre should've had every right to knee-cap a defender or two, or take a helmet and try to knock someone's block off. if the ref's and the league are going to say "play on" when a guy is actively trying to hurt players, they need to be able to defend themselves.
Old 08-20-2013   #72
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think the answer to this is gun holsters in the uniforms, CCInGameL's and all that. You take out my knees, I'll take out your knees.

Or, better yet, they could just tase each other, LOL. Waterguns & tazers.

Old 08-20-2013   #73
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I say the league will issue a fine and maybe a suspension. If it's two games so be it.

I say suspend Ninja for the next two
...PRESEASON games.
it happened in preseason, let it stay in preseason.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #74
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

According to ESPN: The NFL is expected to suspend Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith for up to two preseason games for using a helmet as a weapon against Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #75
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I say the league will issue a fine and maybe a suspension. If it's two games so be it.

I say suspend Ninja for the next two
...PRESEASON games.
it happened in preseason, let it stay in preseason.
I'm for that.

Oh, I'm s'posed ta be upset:

Old 08-20-2013   #76
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
According to ESPN: The NFL is expected to suspend Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith for up to two preseason games for using a helmet as a weapon against Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
That was information released yesterday. The League is expected to announce the official suspension today. Regular season game suspension has not been ruled out.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #77
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 55784 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Love how Fox Sports guys, I guess that was Ronde or Tiki saying he could have killed they guy...WTF ever... Smith didn't even take a full swing. It looked like Smith realized at the last second what he was doing and pulled up...

Was it right, no, Ninja needs to find his inner Chi and become one with his inner peace when playing against Incognito and the Dolphins and not put himself in that position....

but I understand....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #78
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Had this infraction been committed against a respectable player, the suspension may have been more harsh.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #79
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
... something has to get through to you homers Texans fans or not. If someone swung their helmet at Schaub like that you'd call for a lifetime ban.
You keep spewing this Bull$*it, and that is exactly what it is. The day Schaub goes out there and tries to injure someone and gets a helmet swung at him IN RETALIATION, then no one will defend Schaub (well, no more than the current number of jackasses defending Incognito anyway).

You do understand the concept of retaliation, don't you? Don't start none, won't be none. Incognito has been starting crap for years and the refs are basically complicit at this point, because they don't do jack about it. At some point, a player has to protect himself if the NFL won't do it.
Old 08-20-2013   #80
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
At some point, a player has to protect himself if the NFL won't do it.
the whole situation in a nutshell.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read