Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,500
Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Smith had knee scoped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Absolutely! I want a fluid LG who can assist Brown in keeping MS safe. Brooks just fits better imo on right and should improve our run to the right scheme. Q sort of reminds me of Bruce Matthews who could play either tackle or guard. Like you, I'd prefer Smith healthy to start this season allowing Q to not get in the fire but he is getting valuable experience now.
Quiz does look athletic, but he hasn't seen much competition (and it's not like he didn't have a few lumps here and there), I wouldn't mind seeing him getting a start next game just to see how he handles himself.

But the way it is right now, it looks like Jones is going to get the nod.

I'm afraid the Texans won't pick up a veteran in the hope that Smith can still come back sometimes down the road.

Any news on that front?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #82
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,014
Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Smith had knee scoped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Quiz does look athletic, but he hasn't seen much competition (and it's not like he didn't have a few lumps here and there), I wouldn't mind seeing him getting a start next game just to see how he handles himself.

But the way it is right now, it looks like Jones is going to get the nod.

I'm afraid the Texans won't pick up a veteran in the hope that Smith can still come back sometimes down the road.

Any news on that front?
There is nothing out there but I would not be shocked if a vet were signed if it became obvious Smith not able to get on field for a few weeks. IMO, we would remain as is if doctors are saying he will be okay. For Jones to get the nod, he must play much better.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #83
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14,410
Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Smith had knee scoped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Any news on that front?
Everything coming from the Texans so far is of the "just a little cleanup, be back soon" nature. Not so from Dr CND.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,810
Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
There is nothing out there but I would not be shocked if a vet were signed if it became obvious Smith not able to get on field for a few weeks. IMO, we would remain as is if doctors are saying he will be okay. For Jones to get the nod, he must play much better.
I'll have to watch again since so many keep saying Jones has been playing poorly. I don't recall anything so bad from him. At least not as bad as what I've been seeing from Wade.

I admit he is not the type of player I want to see on the left side & I think Q is a better fit, but I don't believe BenJones starting or playing in a rotation with Q is going to be detrimental to our success.

In fact I think Jones playing will be beneficial. If we need him to come in at Center, ant time he spends next to Chris Myers in a real game is beneficial.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #85
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,500
Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Smith had knee scoped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'll have to watch again since so many keep saying Jones has been playing poorly. I don't recall anything so bad from him. At least not as bad as what I've been seeing from Wade.

I admit he is not the type of player I want to see on the left side & I think Q is a better fit, but I don't believe BenJones starting or playing in a rotation with Q is going to be detrimental to our success.

In fact I think Jones playing will be beneficial. If we need him to come in at Center, ant time he spends next to Chris Myers in a real game is beneficial.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Jones hasn't played four quarter against first teamers, but he had to move from LG to C during the game.
He did many good things, but also had some poor plays.
It's still early to gauge how he's going to do.
I'll give him some more time.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger