Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-30-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Von Miller Facing 4 Game Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That absolutely correct. I wasn't excusing his suspension based on the trip for just that reason. Makes you also wonder if while there, he may have sampled some of Afghanistan's finest.
I know I would have & would have refused(vehemently) any request for a random screen when I got back.
Old 07-30-2013   #42
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know I would have & would have refused(vehemently) any request for a random screen when I got back.
He caused that problem when he failed his first test.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #43
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That absolutely correct. I wasn't excusing his suspension based on the trip for just that reason. Makes you also wonder if while there, he may have sampled some of Afghanistan's finest.
Why, he'd have been the silliest of silly boys not to!

I've read on the interwebs that that Afghani Purple Bud will stick to your fingers and make you forget what you walked into the next room for. Check the source. It's gotta be true!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude isn't helping himself any

Quote:
Lionel Bienvenu ‏@lionelbienvenu 6m
Von Miller arrested for not appearing in court.charge from last October. careless driving, driving without a license, no proof of insurance.
Old 08-14-2013   #45
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Probably zoned out on Mollies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Stupid idiot!

Quote:
Broncos linebacker Von Miller arrested

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 6:03 p.m. EDT August 14, 2013

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller isn't just in hot water with the NFL right now.

Miller, scheduled to have his appeal hearing Thursday of a four-game suspension for violating of the NFL's drug, was arrested Sunday on a warrant for failure to appear in court on a traffic citation. Miller posted a $1,000 bond that evening and was released, Arapahoe County undersheriff Dave Walcher told USA TODAY Sports.

The Broncos issued a statement Wednesday in which they said they were aware of Miller's incident.

"It was reported to the league earlier this week, and is being handled through the legal system," the team said.

The arrest warrant was initially filed on Jan. 2 after Miller did not appear in an Arapahoe County Court on Dec. 31, a day after the Broncos' final regular season game of last season. He was initially cited in October for careless driving and no proof on insurance.
link
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Von Miller Facing 6 Game Suspension

Gonna have to change the title...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Quote:
From @Mortreport and me: Broncos LB Von Miller likely will be suspended as soon as today for at least six games.
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 5m
Quote:
Miller still hopes to negotiate 4 game suspension; not lot of optimism in Denver. Talks ongoing but 6 games has been on table, per sources

Von Miller's suspension for violation of the league's substance policy is expected to be at least six games, per sources.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #48
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn it. It totally should be for 15 games!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #49
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Von Miller Facing 6 Game Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Gonna have to change the title...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 5m
Thanks for the update. I pretty well knew that the League was serious and especially after this began dating back so long, despite what people were saying about it being bogus and that the anticipated 4 game suspension would be turned around. For it to be extended to 6 games, there had to be something more egregious in the mix.
Old 08-19-2013   #50
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. Von really going out of his way to break the law as quickly as possible.

Cop: You know why I pulled you over?

Von Miller: Depends on how long you were following me!

Cop: Why don't we just take it from the top?

Von Miller: Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and *speeding*!

Cop: Is that all?

Von Miller: No... I have unpaid parking tickets.

[groans]

Von Miller: ... be gentle.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #51
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Supposedly the whole arrest thing over the weekend has nothing to do with the length of the suspension. It's all about stuff that was going on before that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Supposedly the whole arrest thing over the weekend has nothing to do with the length of the suspension. It's all about stuff that was going on before that.
Of that I have no doubt.
Old 08-19-2013   #53
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this the guy Manziel is getting advise from?
Old 08-20-2013   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

The decision is FINAL! He evidently screwed up big time.......no "accident." The appeal has been denied!

Quote:
Early today, Broncos linebacker Von Miller said he hadn’t heard from the league. Now he has.

Miller officially has been suspended six games.

“The Substances of Abuse policy requires everyone to comply with the rules,” Miller said in a statement released to the media. ”Although my suspension doesn’t result from a positive test, there is no excuse for my violations of the rules. I made mistakes and my suspension has hurt my team, Broncos fans, and myself. I am especially sorry for the effect of my bad decisions on others. I will not make the the same mistakes about adhering to the policy in the future. During my time off the field, I will work tirelessly and focus exclusively on remaining in peak shape. I look forward to contributing immediately upon my upon my return to the field and bringing a championship back to the people of Denver.”

The fact that the outcome of the suspension is official implies that a hearing happened. Which means that the reports from last Thursday that he was meeting with NFLPA lawyers and not attending a hearing on his situation may have been false — misinformation deliberately planted by someone with an agenda.

Indeed, Miller received a hearing. He advanced his arguments. And the league rendered a decision. Miller’s statement suggests he’ll accept the suspension, serve the time, and move on.
link
Old 08-20-2013   #55
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The decision is FINAL! He evidently screwed up big time.......no "accident." The appeal has been denied!

link
Whut? No weed, no speed? What's a mother to do in a slow off season, just drive around recklessly?

This is the No Fun League for sure!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

As we now find out, it could have very well been worse.

Quote:
League wanted to suspend Miller longer, settled for six
Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT

Now that the six-game suspension of Broncos linebacker Von Miller has become final, details are trickling out. Or in. Or whatever.

Per a league source, the NFL wanted to impose a suspension of more than six games on Miller under Section I.C.3.f of the substance-abuse policy, which permits “additional discipline” where a player engages in a “deliberate effort to substitute or adulterate a specimen or to alter a Test result.”

Others have reported that the first sample collected from Miller was spilled and the second sample was determined to be diluted. The league, we’re told, believes that the spillage occurred as part of an effort to alter the result, possibly through the adulteration or substitution of the sample.

The NFL agreed to suspend Miller only six games via negotiation with the union. Per the source, the initial breach of confidentiality that resulted in the media learning of Miller’s potential suspension became leverage in the discussions.

Concerns regarding possible flaws in the collection process also may have been a factor in the league’s willingness to reduce the penalty. Indeed, if Miller was doing something with the sample cup other than urinating into it while the collector was watching, that shouldn’t have happened because under the collection process the sample collector should have been watching Miller the entire time.

And so the two sides have found a middle ground. Miller hoped to get the number down to four, the league wanted the number to be higher, and both parties agreed to resolve the case in lieu of risking a different outcome before the case went to a hearing.
Old 08-20-2013   #57
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Sort of funny..........The Broncs lose Von Miller for peeing in private.........now they pick up guard John Moffit who was arrested and given a 24 month suspended sentence last year for peeing in public.

I hope you're enjoying all of this, Peyton!

BTW, it's also interesting to note that Moffit, who was dogged by elbow and knee injuries all last year, and who was just traded by Seattle to the Browns......and the contract immediately voided because he failed the physical......a day later is traded to the Broncos.

I really hope you're enjoying all of this, Peyton!
Old 08-21-2013   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Miller's $2 million bonus has been automatically been voided due to the suspension.

Quote:
Miller’s bonus forfeiture is automatic, making the total cost of his suspension more than $2 million

Posted by Mike Florio on August 21, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT

The Broncos have said all the right things regarding the suspension of linebacker Von Miller, calling him a member of the “family” and vowing to support him.

That support also will include collecting from him more than $1.2 million in bonus money paid out more than two years ago.

It’s an odd quirk in the labor deal, which both the league office and the Broncos have told PFT applies in this case. For suspensions under the substance-abuse policy, the forfeiture of a prorated portion of the signing bonus becomes automatic and non-discretionary. Even if the Broncos don’t want the money, they have to take it.
REST OF STORY

Plus ~$800,000 in lost salary due to games lost.
Old 08-21-2013   #59
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #60
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

There is going to be a fight for his signing bonus now

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6522--nfl.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read