Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2013   #1
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener *

Remember last season when Antonio got fined for kicking at Incognito who was grabbing onto his leg and twisting it? Check out this replay when Incognito was shoving his hands into Antonio's face. Looks like Antonio took Incognito's helmet off and damn near hit him in the face with his own helmet. NFL fine looming I'm sure.

TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio

Incognito is butt hurt lil ***** because he knows he cant handle the Ninja!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #3
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, right in front of the official too. He must have done that ninja move so fast only the HD cameras were able to pick it up!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Ninjas finishing stance, and lets just be glad that was a "warning shot" lol.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Cheap shot Incognito hand his left hand up in Antonio's facemask digging in then clearly struck him in the head with his right hand.

If Ninja gets fined, Incognito should as well as he instigated it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #6
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75018 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care how big or tall Incognito is. He's a little *****.
Old 08-19-2013   #7
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

My hand got stuck in the helmet.. I didn't realize it.. it's preseason!

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2013   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio Smith is probably going to get suspended for that and he should be. Taking off a players helmet then trying to use it for batting practice on another players head is pretty damn malicious even if the two have bad blood with each other.
Old 08-19-2013   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Antonio Smith is probably going to get suspended for that and he should be. Taking off a players helmet then trying to use it for batting practice on another players head is pretty damn malicious even if the two have bad blood with each other.
Grabbing a guy's facemask, yanking it in 2 different directions, and then throwing the other fist at him is just asking for it anyway. I think he did well not to go all AJ vs. Finnegan on 'im. I am glad that it doesn't appear he actually made contact with the little helmet swing.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Grabbing a guy's facemask, yanking it in 2 different directions, and then throwing the other fist at him is just asking for it anyway. I think he did well not to go all AJ vs. Finnegan on 'im. I am glad that it doesn't appear he actually made contact with the little helmet swing.
I didn't say that Incognito was some angel who made no mistakes in that previous quote. But what Smith did was completely and totally over the line and I'm absolutely sure if it was a player not named Incognito doing that to the Ninja, he would not have acted in the same manner.

It still does not excuse, even in the slightest bit, what Smith did right there in that .gif.
Old 08-19-2013   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But what Smith did was completely and totally over the line ...
I am dubious Antonio was trying to hit him at all and certainly not in the head. He is swinging at mid-chest level and well back. He may draw a fine but I seriously doubt he gets suspended. Can anyone think of any player who has ever been suspended for a non-hit?
Old 08-19-2013   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I didn't say that Incognito was some angel who made no mistakes in that previous quote. But what Smith did was completely and totally over the line and I'm absolutely sure if it was a player not named Incognito doing that to the Ninja, he would not have acted in the same manner.

It still does not excuse, even in the slightest bit, what Smith did right there in that .gif.
The only problem I have with Antonio Smith in that incident is that he didn't go all the way. If another player is continually doing nasty **** to you and the refs won't do something about it, take care of the problem in such a way that ends up being worth the fine, a la AJ v. Innegan.

All this "over the line" crap is just that. The line was back over there on the decent side of yanking someone's head around by the facemask. The potential for injury is a helluva lot worse in yanking someone's head around by the facemask than it is by whacking them with their own helmet. Smith tried to hit Incognito. Incognito tried to incapacitate Smith.
Old 08-19-2013   #13
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It would have been better if Antonio would have not done that and not defending it, but it looks like the official didn't flag Incognito. How you expect someone not to get mad and react like that if no one notices such a cheap shot. Smith deserves a fine, but that's it. He swung the helmet but pulled back. Incognito was trying just as hard to pull Antonio's helmet off, or break his damn neck.
Old 08-19-2013   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am dubious Antonio was trying to hit him at all and certainly not in the head. He is swinging at mid-chest level and well back. He may draw a fine but I seriously doubt he gets suspended. Can anyone think of any player who has ever been suspended for a non-hit?
The NFL is not going to look at the incident and try to determine if he was actually trying to damage Incognito with his own helmet, or if it was a warning shot. Couple that with Smith's past history of fine-inducing actions on the field, and it's not a pretty picture.

Why try to bring up whether the league has suspended players for this action before? I doubt anybody in the league has taken off another players helmet and tried to knock said player out with it before. Can always set a precedent for that with a suspension.
Old 08-19-2013   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cheap shot Incognito hand his left hand up in Antonio's facemask digging in then clearly struck him in the head with his right hand.

If Ninja gets fined, Incognito should as well as he instigated it.
The same goes for any talk of a suspension. Look at the angle that Smith's head is pushed back at and then violently rotated.

Take "Cheap Shots"? Expect one back.
Old 08-19-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I doubt anybody in the league has taken off another players helmet and tried to knock said player out with it before. Can always set a precedent for that with a suspension.
Not like I track these things, and it was a different league back then, but I remember Dexter Manley doing it.
Old 08-19-2013   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

bOng - I am glad you have a Batman hotline to know exactly what the NFL will consider.
Old 08-19-2013   #18
b0ng
Ooops

If the roles were reversed, you know damn well most of you guys would be pissing and moaning about how Smith should be suspended because of such malicious acts.

And this is not, and has no real relation to AJ vs Finnegan. That was a fist-fight that got both players ejected. This incident is Smith swinging a weapon around at another player (a helmet, which is going to do a lot more damage if it connects, luckily it didn't). Refs miss penalties all the time, and this is football, you don't go tearing somebody's helmet off and start swinging it at them on the field because the other player is getting away with dirty play.

There's no way that what Smith did is defensible, Incognito being a piece of **** or not, and again he should be suspended for that. Just look at the ankle/grabbing incident from last year, who ended up fined for that one?

Again, Antonio Smith went way over the line by using Incognito's helmet as a weapon and should be suspended for it.
Old 08-19-2013   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
bOng - I am glad you have a Batman hotline to know exactly what the NFL will consider.
Can't come up with anything better than that?
Old 08-19-2013   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Can't come up with anything better than that?
I can say I think you are totally overreacting but it won't do any good. So I will stick with chiding people for acting like they know more than they do and you have no idea how the NFL analyzes these situations.

PS - this ref wasn't just in the area and missed the penalty. He was staring right at the incident and had a much better vantage point than we do.

You're getting worked up on this one. Did someone hit you with a helmet as a kid?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read