Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-18-2013   #21
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Rate My Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
14 team drafts are tough, amazing you were able to get that set of WR's. Having MJD and Ryan Mathews as your starting RB's sucks bad though. I guess you could luck out on that. You need RG3 and your backup RB's to step up for you.
Ive never played a 14 team league but i have mocked it quite a bit. The results are always drastically different. You almost have to take a loss somewhere in that format so best of luck. I think g. bernard and brown might turn out ok. If you can get a handful of games out of Mathews you should be alright.

For those posting here in the future please remember to include your scoring system and team totals. Judging a ppr or a 14 team league can be significantly different...
Old 08-18-2013   #22
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Ive never played a 14 team league but i have mocked it quite a bit. The results are always drastically different. You almost have to take a loss somewhere in that format so best of luck. I think g. bernard and brown might turn out ok. If you can get a handful of games out of Mathews you should be alright.

For those posting here in the future please remember to include your scoring system and team totals. Judging a ppr or a 14 team league can be significantly different...
yeah, forgot to mention, sorry.

.5 ppr
10 yards rushing
10 yards recieving
25 yards passing. pretty standard.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #23
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
yeah, forgot to mention, sorry.

.5 ppr
10 yards rushing
10 yards recieving
Sting I look at AJ green and think not only is he a great player, but he's one of the marque players who should get better. Couple him with a qb who should get better and you should easily have the best wr combination in your league (johnson,johnson, and green...holy crap.) What would concern me is your depth behind them...and of couse your rb stats as previously mentioned.
Old 08-18-2013   #24
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sting I look at AJ green and think not only is he a great player, but he's one of the marque players who should get better. Couple him with a qb who should get better and you should easily have the best wr combination in your league (johnson,johnson, and green...holy crap.) What would concern me us your depth behind them...and of couse your rb stats as previously mentioned.
Yep. when I drafted Calvin and A.J., I knew my Rb's were going to be risky backs. But I was willing to take that risk. I have won this league 2 out of the last 3 years. I have won some good payouts in this league. $150 to enter and 14 teams can add up to good payouts even for ending up in 3rd. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-18-2013   #25
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yep. when I drafted Calvin and A.J., I knew my Rb's were going to be risky backs. But I was willing to take that risk. I have won this league 2 out of the last 3 years. I have won some good payouts in this league. $150 to enter and 14 teams can add up to good payouts even for ending up in 3rd. Thanks for the feedback.
Has anyone payed attention to dobson the 2nd round pick in New england last year? Welkers gone and danny a will be healthy for about 10 minutes. Receptions have to go somewhere. Sting I dont know the extent of harvin's injuries but dobson is a solid shot in the dark to me.
Old 08-18-2013   #26
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Has anyone payed attention to dobson the 2nd round pick in New england last year? Welkers gone and danny a will be healthy for about 10 minutes. Receptions have to go somewhere. Sting I dont know the extent of harvin's injuries but dobson is a solid shot in the dark to me.
Dobson was picked in one of the last rounds. There is literally nothing available on the free agent list. The best available Wr's are santana moss, donnie Avery and Nate Washinton. I will just wait till the season starts.
Old 08-18-2013   #27
powda
Hall of Fame

T austin, j blackmon, k wright, britt, and even our own hopkins are players im looking for late. Highly drafted talented players who should also get opportunities. I know im taking a stab at rb's early which means my wr depth will be weak so i've researched a lot of 3rd tier wideouts. Mix opportunity with talent and system and you have a recipe for success. Snag enough of them and you will hit pay dirt eventually.

My recipe this year is qb late, te late. My core will be rb's EARLY. When everyone else is scrambling for rbs by comitte, i'll be tracking down young wr's from a much bigger pool...
Old 08-19-2013   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have trust issues with my team as well.

The thing with this years draft though is there are questions with all the top RB's imo.

AP - safest pick in the draft, 18 months removed from ACL surgery
Foster - questions about missing week 1, insane workload, low ypc last year
Martin - rookie season last year, not super consistent, hurt already
Lynch - injuries in early career, looks to have fewer carries this season
Spiller - 5'11 195 supposed to take a full workload for first time, new QB, new coaching staff
Charles - Hurt already, history of injuries, smaller back, never handled full workload.
Mccoy - Smaller back, new offense, 1 concussion away from sitting out a few games
Morris - Shannahanigans, sophomore back, RG3 health

I could keep going but like Powda said, I feel like Lynch is the safe pick and probably not a homerun. Same with Sproles, it's PPR with 1 pt per 20 return yards which means Sproles should score at least a few points every week. He might not end up on the top performers list week in and week out but I also don't have to worry about him putting up goose eggs.

The problem with RB's this year is there just aren't a whole lot of them to choose from so even though these guys you listed may have some questions about them, they are still undoubtedly studs and all are very worthy of the first round. Martin was cleared of a concussion, so there's no issue there, and Charles foot issue is just a strain I believe (so it shouldn't bother too much). I also believe Arian is going to be playing that first game, even though we are reading about back injections and whatnot. Spiller is a definitely a top 5 back, and the Bills coaching staff has stated publicly they are using him till the wheels fall off.

EDIT: My RB draft board goes something like 1. AP 2. Martin 3. Spiller 4. Foster 5. Lynch 6. Charles 7. McCoy 9. Richardson 10. Rice 11. Morris
Old 08-19-2013   #29
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dobson was picked in one of the last rounds. There is literally nothing available on the free agent list. The best available Wr's are santana moss, donnie Avery and Nate Washinton. I will just wait till the season starts.
What about Kenbrell Thompkins? He actually got the start over Dobson on Friday.
Old 08-19-2013   #30
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatdoyathink?
worst draft ever.

Old 08-20-2013   #31
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
worst draft ever.

Scoot, you no good sombitch!

Old 08-20-2013   #32
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In my other money league, the more competetive one. These are my starters and bench. I always go for Rb's but I did something different this year just because the way the draft was going.

14 team league 1 Qb 2 RBs 3 WR 1 TE 1 DEF 1 kicker. I had the 12th pick.

.5 ppr
10 yards rushing
10 yards recieving

1. Calvin Johnson, Det WR
2. A.J. Green, Cin WR
3. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB
4. Andre Johnson, Hou WR
5. Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB
6. Ryan Mathews, SD RB
7. Andre Brown, NYG RB
8. Giovani Bernard, Cin RB
9. Andy Dalton, Cin QB
10. Percy Harvin*, Sea WR
11. Kendall Wright, Ten WR
12. Jared Cook, StL TE
13. Cardinals D/ST D/ST
14. Randy Bullock, Hou

14 team league is hard, after the 8th round it gets pretty hard. Percy harvin was my drunk pick. i thought he was coming back in 6 weeks. Going to drop him.
I would like to know which RB's you passed on for Green in the 2nd.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #33
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was thinking I'd be "stuck" with Spiller or Charles with my 8th pick. You think both are worthy or a top 5??

Interesting.
It's a full point PPR, and we get a bonus 5 points every 100 yards rushing or receiving. Both backs are capable of big gains which makes hitting that 100 easier.
Old 08-22-2013   #34
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watch tonight, but I'd look at Kenbrell Thompkins and Julien Edelman ahead of Dobson, and watch for Zach Sudfeld as their new "move" TE.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #35
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my 10 standard scoring standard rosters mock. I was team 2:

Old 08-23-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I don't go by ADP...

Round 1: AD, Foster, Doug Martin, Jamaal Charles, CJ Spiller
Round 2: AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall
(Contingency if above 3 are gone: Forte, Bush, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Steven Ridley*)
Round 3: The above contingency players +Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles, David Wilson, Randall Cobb*.
Round 4: Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Marcus Colston*, James Jones*
Round 5: QB, or Eddie Lacy if there are still a lot of QBs I'm specifically targeting still on the board and not too many teams in the next 7picks need a QB.
Round 6: Eddie Lacy, Law Firm, Montee Ball, Mark Ingram, Shane Vareen
(Contingency: A QB if I end up taking Lacy in round 5)
Round 7: Above RBs, Deangelo Williams, Daryl Richardson (probably will move down after the big game by Pead today), Danny Woodhead.

Round 8: Mike Williams, Desean Jackson, Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, Lance Moore, Chris Givens
Round 9: Vincent Brown, Alshon Jeffrey, Emmanual Sanders, Sidney Rice, Micheal Floyd, DeAndre Hopkins
Round 10: Derius Hayward Bey, Rod Streeter, Tavon Austin, Kenny Stills, Start looking at QB depth or TEs*
Surely you've got to use ADP to get started building something like that right?
Old 08-23-2013   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Here's my 10 standard scoring standard rosters mock. I was team 2:
Good if it's PPR.
Old 08-24-2013   #38
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

12 team 1pt. PPR, and a bonus 5 points for every 100 yards (Starts at 300 for QBs). Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE 1DST, 1K

5th Pick Snake Draft
Pick 5 Doug Martin
Pick 20 Brandon Marshall
Pick 29 Maurice Jones Drew
Pick 44 Vincent Jackson
Pick 53 Eddie Lacy
Pick 68 Andrew Luck (11th QB taken)
Pick 77 Deangelo Williams
Pick 92 Lance Moore
Pick 101 Alshon Jeffrey
Pick 116 Josh Gordon
Pick 125 Justin Blackmon
Pick 140 Ravens DST (10th Defense Taken)
Pick 149 Jordan Cameron TE
Pick 164 Patriots DST (15th Defense Taken)
Pick 173 Dwayne Allen
Pick 188 Greg Zuerlein (I knew I'd get my next guy)
Pick 197 Bilal Powell

Starting Lineup Week 1
Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
MJD
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Lance Moore
Jordan Cameron
Eddie Lacy
Patriots D/ST (playing Buffalo)
Greg Zuerlein

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 08-25-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #39
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I would like to know which RB's you passed on for Green in the 2nd.
The best available in the second round were Steven Jackson, Lamar Miller, Matt Forte and Reggie Bush.

I don't love any of them. I just thought that Green has way more upside.
Old 08-25-2013   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
12 team 1pt. PPR, and a bonus 5 points for every 100 yards (Starts at 300 for QBs). Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE 1DST, 1K

5th Pick Snake Draft
Pick 5 Doug Martin
Pick 20 Brandon Marshall
Pick 29 Maurice Jones Drew
Pick 44 Vincent Jackson
Pick 53 Eddie Lacy
Pick 68 Andrew Luck (11th QB taken)
Pick 77 Deangelo Williams
Pick 92 Lance Moore
Pick 101 Alshon Jeffrey
Pick 116 Josh Gordon
Pick 125 Justin Blackmon
Pick 140 Ravens DST (10th Defense Taken)
Pick 149 Jordan Cameron TE
Pick 164 Patriots DST (15th Defense Taken)
Pick 173 Dwayne Allen
Pick 188 Greg Zuerlein (I knew I'd get my next guy)
Pick 197 Bilal Powell

Starting Lineup Week 1
Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
MJD
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Lance Moore
Jordan Cameron
Eddie Lacy
Patriots D/ST (playing Buffalo)
Greg Zuerlein
Like this for the most part. Good starters, some good upside picks in there with Cameron, Lacy, DeAngelo, Josh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read