Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013   #521
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122435 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Geez, that play by Newton looks worse now.

Looked like he was going to a spot versus playing the player in front of him.

He just turned his back on Wake and offered him the red carpet to Schaub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Newton was garbage on that whiff...that said its a whole lot more noticeable when your qb just holds the ball and eats it without any fight. I see breakdowns in protection all the time, but I also see QBs that can make things happen anyways.

"Hes going outside. hes going outside! Oh **** he went inside!"
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #522
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

That was a horrendous knee injury to the Miami player Dustin Keller.........I posted that I was sure he took out his ACL and medial collateral ligament. Now that they report he suffered injuries to 3 ligaments, the 3rd has to be the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). Best wishes to the young man. I know nothing was called and it was a "clean" hit, but if he keeps on going for the knees, Swearinger is going to hurt more people and eventually get into trouble for it. Swearinger was already in his forward trajectory (could not have held back if he wanted to), and Keller just barely turned around for it not to have resulted in a potential chop.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #523
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Look at Schaub's AND Newton's foot work on that play.........virtually identical.
Old 08-18-2013   #524
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Love the "check out the new hd screens at reliant"

like Cloak said. It is like watching this replay through a fishbowl
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #525
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122435 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That was a horrendous knee injury to the Miami player Dustin Keller.........I posted that I was sure he took out his ACL and medial collateral ligament. Now that they report he suffered injuries to 3 ligaments, the 3rd has to be the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). Best wishes to the young man. I know nothing was called and it was a "clean" hit, but if he keeps on going for the knees, Swearinger is going to hurt more people and eventually get into trouble for it. Swearinger was already in his forward trajectory (could not have held back if he wanted to), and Keller just barely turned around for it not to have resulted in a potential chop.
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.
And dislocated his knee. Damn.

I feel bad for Keller and agree if DJ keeps it up he will draw some fire from the league. But in the same vein it sends a message to TE/WR across the league: go across the middle against us you WILL get hit. Something we lacked vs NE last year

Quote:
Look at Schaub's AND Newton's foot work on that play.........virtually identical.
At least there are in sync.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #526
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Another fair catch. I wasn't sure why the Dolphins weren't working on returns?
Old 08-18-2013   #527
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I feel bad for Keller and agree if DJ keeps it up he will draw some fire from the league. But in the same vein it sends a message to TE/WR across the league: go across the middle against us you WILL get hit. Something we lacked vs NE last year

At least there are in synch.
By definition of a combined ACL, MCL and PCL..........your knee will have dislocated.
Old 08-18-2013   #528
Wolf
100% Texan

Tuggle has to be on the jugs machine this week lol
Old 08-18-2013   #529
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I feel bad for Keller and agree if DJ keeps it up he will draw some fire from the league.
The league is asking for this by fining anyone that hits above the waist. No one is sueing them for artheritic knees, so I doubt this changes.
Old 08-18-2013   #530
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The league is asking for this by fining anyone that hits above the waist. No one is sueing them for artheritic knees, so I doubt this changes.
I can't wait till the NFL converts to flag football.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #531
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I can't wait till the NFL converts to flag football.
Well, I guess they just expand from the towel hanging off of the center's ass only today.
Old 08-18-2013   #532
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Not sure what you're saying doc.... are you saying like synchronized?

Or are you saying Schaub has the same hitch in his step that Newton does? You can see Derek hobbling a bit on his right knee. I don't know if that's a "I just got spanked on TV, better fake an old football injury." Kind of thing or if he's not 100%

I'm not seeing that same giddy-up in Schaub's step.
Old 08-18-2013   #533
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

& by the way, that's a strong move by Cameron Wake (one of the best DEs in the game today). Hopefully that's the kind of hand work the Ninja is tutoring Sonic on.

See how Newton lackadaisically places his left hand on Wakes right shoulder? Wake comes under with his right hand, slaps Newton's left arm off his shoulder, turning Newton's body & momentum to the outside, while he cuts back inside.
Old 08-18-2013   #534
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

All their feet look funny to me... like something ain't right.

However, Ben Jones looks good, Ben Tate looks great. Brooks recovered well. I told you what I thought about Newton, but Duane.....

That little guy is giving the big guy all he can handle. That's a full press, good slap, & he gets around Duane on the redirection..... had Newton not totally failed & Matt was allowed to hold the ball another second or two, that play coud have still ended just as bad.......
Old 08-18-2013   #535
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not sure what you're saying doc.... are you saying like synchronized?

Or are you saying Schaub has the same hitch in his step that Newton does? You can see Derek hobbling a bit on his right knee. I don't know if that's a "I just got spanked on TV, better fake an old football injury." Kind of thing or if he's not 100%

I'm not seeing that same giddy-up in Schaub's step.
You're right all the foot work looked screwy.

I can guarantee you that he is not 100%. Newton is still significantly affected by his recent surgery.

Schaub takes too much time to drop back to begin with..........looked stutter-step awkward.........When the D man came in, he looked like he was thinking about what his next move was going to be, instead of instinctively reacting.
Old 08-18-2013   #536
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
All their feet look funny to me... like something ain't right.

However, Ben Jones looks good, Ben Tate looks great. Brooks recovered well. I told you what I thought about Newton, but Duane.....

That little guy is giving the big guy all he can handle. That's a full press, good slap, & he gets around Duane on the redirection..... had Newton not totally failed & Matt was allowed to hold the ball another second or two, that play coud have still ended just as bad.......

Remember when I mentioned that Ben Jones was being pushed around a great deal during the game, and that I believed that Brown was "cheating" trying to babysit Jones? Well, take a look at Brown's eyes/head as the play is beginning. He's worried about if he needs to shift to help Jones. And for that split second, his man is given time to beat him to the outside to gain leverage.
Old 08-18-2013   #537
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Newtons feet are too close together. They even cross at one point and that is why wake was able to get him with the inside move. When your feet are too close together or overlapping you don't have the balance needed to redirect and shut off the counter move.

Looks like newton was cheating his technique because he was worried about the edge rush.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #538
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
And get rid of Meyers and Tillman. Please.
Then where would we get our steady diet of "games & deals" & "an apple and a road map" silly and lame ass cliques?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #539
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

and in other news, former first ovrl. pick David Carr is playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game and just sacked himself.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #540
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 46216 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I've been in Oklahoma. Does anyone know where I can watch the game online or something in HD? I can't believe it was blacked out all over this friggin state.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read