Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who should start if Matt decided not to play another down?
Tj Yates 9 9.38%
Case Keenum 48 50.00%
Schaub can't do that 10 10.42%
May the best man win 29 30.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2013   #201
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans run the WCO. It's the most copied offense in the NFL. Sure, they have their specific plays and terminology. But for a QB, it is still the WCO.
IMO, the Texans run a fairly unique version of the WCO. Much more different than a few specific plays and terminology. I see a few specific WCO plays and many more that are Kubiak's own. Just MHO.
Old 08-18-2013   #202
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I also do not think he will make it to our PS. I think somebody that plays the WCO will pick him up. Right now I would rather lose TJ than Case. I just think that Case has way more upside than TJ.
I don't want to lose either of them. I've been able to watch enough preseason games on NFLN to see that there is still a QB shortage in the NFL. Miami could definitely use one of these guys to backup Tannehill (who looked great). QB is the most important position in the game and when you have a commodity like the Texans do, you don't throw it away. I might listen to a trade offer, but I'm not cutting one of them so I can carry a 6th CB or WR.
Old 08-18-2013   #203
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
IMO, the Texans run a fairly unique version of the WCO. Much more different than a few specific plays and terminology. I see a few specific WCO plays and many more that are Kubiak's own. Just MHO.
These are not Gary Kubiak's plays. He studied under Shanahan as an assistant and played under Dan Reeves. So his influences are from the Bill Walsh and Tom Landry schools. Landry was running the spread from the shotgun before anyone knew to call it that. The two most copied coaches I can think of.

Yes, the running game is different from the WCO. But that has little to do with the QB position. And even the ZBS the Texans use has been copied across the NFL. Possibly the Texans combination is unique (other than the Skins who have added the option). But, it is a derivative offense just as any other NFL offense is. So no, neither Yates nor Keenum should be considered QBs who cannot transfer their skills and knowledge to another team.
Old 08-18-2013   #204
rpagz3
Rookie

I don't want either of these three in 2014+. I want Aaron Murray of Georgia..
rpagz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #205
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
I want Aaron Murray of Georgia..
Murray isn't bad, but he needs to play better.
(And yes, he's about Keenum's height, too.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #206
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
IMO, this is the whole point.

We should have won the Super Bowl two years running. I know a lot of teams say that & I don't know if you (all inclusive) believe it or not. But I believe it. I believe Bob McNair, Rick Smith, Gary Kubiak, & our core players believe it.

I believe "we" also believe we should win the Super Bowl this year. We're starting at 0-0 like every other team, it's not going to be easy, but we've got the guys in place to make it happen.

This QB "competition" is to push both young QBs, get them both thinking that they are one play away & they need to be ready to take advantage of that situation. If (God forbid - & I mean that seriously (not like my wife who actually wishes harm on the guy)) something were to happen with Schaub...... or the Gimp shows up again, that's not going to be an excuse for why we didn't win a Lombardy. We already used those excuses.

Super Bowl of Bust.
HAHA thats sad, my wife wishes Schaub would fo down with an injury every game as well haha. And when he does make a good play she says that was lucky he still sucks. Sad Sad.
Old 08-18-2013   #207
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
HAHA thats sad, my wife wishes Schaub would fo down with an injury every game as well haha. And when he does make a good play she says that was lucky he still sucks. Sad Sad.
pssh..... if Schaub makes a good play, she tells me Tj would have done better. Now that she's seen Case, she's putting a hit out on Schaub (hit me up if you know any assassins that accepts food stamps)
Old 08-18-2013   #208
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of funny to see all these case keenum/QB themed threads all over the place.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #209
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
pssh..... if Schaub makes a good play, she tells me Tj would have done better. Now that she's seen Case, she's putting a hit out on Schaub (hit me up if you know any assassins that accepts food stamps)
I've used Guido for years.........cheap, efficient and "clean".........I know he takes credit cards.........I'll ask if he takes food stamps.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #210
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HAHA yeah if only.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read