Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2013   #21
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Positives and negatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Man, I have no idea which RB we're going to keep as the third string.

Papal is impressed with Keenum's play, woohoo!

I didn't worry hardly about Swearinger in the last game.
He will come along the more experience he has.
Hahaha I have no problem giving credit when it's due. I just don't care what he did in college. He made good throws. Progressions looked good. Looked confident. That I support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Defense not up to par, but I'm not going to worry about it just yet.
I wish I could be as calm as you. If they couldn't get Tannehill off the field, what will they do when Drew Brees and his air show comes to town next week?? <shudder>
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Hahaha I have no problem giving credit when it's due. I just don't care what he did in college. He made good throws. Progressions looked good. Looked confident. That I support.
Kudo to you!

I'm glad you know why I was supportive of him.
I do agree that his size is not optimum, but only because I know how hard these guys can hit in the NFL.
As long as he makes smart decisions not to expose himself, he stands a chance of playing in the NFL (in whatever capacity.)

The guy knows how to play QB; I have no doubt about it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kudo to you!

I'm glad you know why I was supportive of him.
I do agree that his size is not optimum, but only because I know how hard these guys can hit in the NFL.
As long as he makes smart decisions not to expose himself, he stands a chance of playing in the NFL (in whatever capacity.)

The guy knows how to play QB; I have no doubt about it.
That I can support. It's the "he should be starting over Schaub" and the "he's clearly better than TJ" crowd that I cannot support. If he beats out TJ, more power to him. I just don't believe in the he's a local kid so he should be giving preferential treatment.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 08-18-2013   #25
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I wish I could be as calm as you. If they couldn't get Tannehill off the field, what will they do when Drew Brees and his air show comes to town next week?? <shudder>
I'm not too worried yet. The long drive Miami had in the 2nd Quarter came against Houston's 2nd string defense while they had the majority of their first stringers out there.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll be honest, I watched the replay from a distance, so I can't tell what was going on. Can you describe it?
The last pass Deandre caught, he went up into the air......was tackled and came down hard on the back of his left shoulder (it almost looked like he could have popped his shoulder) and his head snapped back and hit the ground hard.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

RB: I'm going to say this and it's probably just going to confirm to you guys that I'm crazy but...

How about we trade Tate now while we can get something for him. Then we move Karim to the #2 and Wood up to #3 and put DJ on the PS.

Tate missing that blitz pickup and almost getting Schaub killed was just about the last straw for me.

QB: Case looked great. TJ looked great. I'm psyched.

OLB: I'm not sure what I think about this group. Willie shows some flashes, Tuggle shows some flashes, and then Trevardo comes up with a couple of sacks against the scrubs.

OL: Newton has got to step up or we need to stick Harris in there or something.

DL: We've got a good group. Lots of nice depth.

DB: JJo worried me with his coverage. Roc has to go. And now Keo and Pleasant are injured?

WR: I was wrong about Jean. I'm worried about Hopkins.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #28
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Im positive that the OLB group is the biggest negative on this team
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #29
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They got him off the field 3 out of 5 drives. Neither TD drive was against the full D. The 2nd drive was against the 2s and benefitted from stupid plays from guys that might not make the team. It wasn't a perfect performance, but it wasn't horrible.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #30
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not too concerned, yet.
But I have a question; how does JJo look to you guys?
Been burned a couple of times. Might be dogging it due to PS and all, but got flat outran by Wallace at least once tonight. All in all, I wonder about him. Was 2011 the fluke year or was 2012? IMO, the entire D, in the 1st quarter. looked iffy. Again, it's PS game #2. Hopefully next week will put some doubts to rest.

I must say that the 1st half had a regular season feel to it. Both teams seemed to be playing hard.
Old 08-18-2013   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im positive that the OLB group is the biggest negative on this team
Hahaha, nice play of words!
Old 08-18-2013   #32
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl Mitchell looked great.
Brice McCain looked terrible.

Case and TJ both looked good.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #33
PapaL
Loose Screw

We will cut some guys that will make other rosters. That's for sure; especially RB.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2013   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Been burned a couple of times. Might be dogging it due to PS and all, but got flat outran by Wallace at least once tonight. All in all, I wonder about him. Was 2011 the fluke year or was 2012? IMO, the entire D, in the 1st quarter. looked iffy. Again, it's PS game #2. Hopefully next week will put some doubts to rest.

I must say that the 1st half had a regular season feel to it. Both teams seemed to be playing hard.
I feel the same way.

There was a lot of energy in the first half from both teams, you can feel it.
Whether because we've been an enigma to some of their players or not, it did feel a bit more than a regular season game.

Which is good for both teams, I think.
That defense is no slouch . We knew that coming in.
Old 08-18-2013   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Earl Mitchell looked great.
Brice McCain looked terrible.

Case and TJ both looked good.
I didn't zeroe in on Earl even though I'd love to learn how he did about Pouncey.
It was one of the things that I want to see, but I didn't think I can have enough time to span around in one look.

We should have split ourselves into groups to watch different positions so that we can have a better glimpse at each of them instead of trying to go it alone, JMO.
Old 08-18-2013   #36
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

If Montgomery is going to play like he did tonight then he needs to go on IR. He was slow off the ball, had no explosiveness, and got handled like a rag doll on one pass rush where he was shoved to the ground. That was an embarrassing showing for him.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #37
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't zeroe in on Earl even though I'd love to learn how he did about Pouncey.
It was one of the things that I want to see, but I didn't think I can have enough time to span around in one look.

We should have split ourselves into groups to watch different positions so that we can have a better glimpse at each of them instead of trying to go it alone, JMO.
That's a good idea 76 and I think we did that last year. Maybe we can do that next game.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
That's a good idea 76 and I think we did that last year. Maybe we can do that next game.
It wouldn't dome much good. I'm watching on the internet and it's so blurry I can't tell a players number too well.
Old 08-18-2013   #39
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They give up a lot of points in a preseason game that has no bearing on their season whatsoever?
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jjo struggled.

The DB's weren't great with coverage. Newton is gonna get someone killed. Running game is suspect. Schaub looks like himself. Which isn't a great thing. He's who I thought he was...good enough, but also bad enough at times.

I feel a bit better about the OLB's. I think we'll be fine there. The LB's in general seen better than last year.

Keenum is good. Quick release. Anticipation, throws beautiful balls. Good mobility. Command. I'm serious when I say I want to see him with the ones. I think keenum could spark this offense to another level. Schaub should be fighting with him for a job.

Swagg was swagg. What I expect. Ninja looked great. We should keep Shapiro. Deji looks good. The WR corps looked really good....with keenum in. Our offense looked dangerous and explosive with keenum.

Ryan griffin and grahm looked good to go.

Dennis Johnson just ain't got it at this point. Keo looked solid actually.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read