Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2013   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Video Board Ready to Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Here's my article on how the new video boards could make it louder in Reliant and Kubiak's comments on same:

New Texans video boards, NFL rules may increase crowd noise at Reliant Stadium
Can't forget the old-time techniques for getting fans riled up and loud.........in particular, when I attended the Oilers games. It was amazing how one man could bring so much excitement to the game with just a drum, a voice that I always thought would give out on him by the end of a game......but never did. Yes, it was CRAZY GEORGE out there every game, turning bright red in the face, getting his blood pressure way up while getting the crowds way up, with his great big heart that I was also always worried would not make it through the games..............but it did. Yes, it was Crazy George that, for me, was the first great crowd "agitator."

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #22
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Break down of just how much the new video boards meant to the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
yea we were #4 in 06 and 07, weve been #5 since 09..
I guess we were more valuable when we sucked.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #23
mmwest
Site Contributor

Section: 638 The one always standing & yelling.
Rep Power: 0 mmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Can't forget the old-time techniques for getting fans riled up and loud.........in particular, when I attended the Oilers games. It was amazing how one man could bring so much excitement to the game with just a drum, a voice that I always thought would give out on him by the end of a game......but never did. Yes, it was CRAZY GEORGE out there every game, turning bright red in the face, getting his blood pressure way up while getting the crowds way up, with his great big heart that I was also always worried would not make it through the games..............but it did. Yes, it was Crazy George that, for me, was the first great crowd "agitator."

I wonder if ole Crazy George is still around. Heck I was a teenager when he was out at the Dome (Blow it up plz) raising hell.
Old 08-17-2013   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwest View Post
I wonder if ole Crazy George is still around. Heck I was a teenager when he was out at the Dome (Blow it up plz) raising hell.
Believe it or not, Crazy George is still around. But he has limited his "appearances" to smaller venues so that he doesn't have to cover as much ground as the Astrodome or Arrowhead Stadium........after all, he's almost 70!
Old 08-17-2013   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Believe it or not, Crazy George is still around. But he has limited his "appearances" to smaller venues so that he doesn't have to cover as much ground as the Astrodome or Arrowhead Stadium........after all, he's almost 70!
That's Crazy.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #26
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Break down of just how much the new video boards meant to the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I guess we were more valuable when we sucked.
nah we got leap frogged..
Old 08-17-2013   #27
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

So how did the big board look in person?
Old 08-18-2013   #28
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I was not impressed. Picture quality is much better but almost 2/3's is ads. It wasn't my $16 million spent but maybe they could have spent some of that cash on grass because for the 1st preseason home game it looked like crap.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #29
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The picture quality was unbelievable. Better than my HD tv at home. See the numbers on the jersey during the game, look up and read the players name on the screen.
What the ads have to do with the picture quality, I have no idea. You could see the fillings in the fans teeth when they showed us on screen. AWESOME picture quality.
Old 08-18-2013   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytexan View Post
The picture quality was unbelievable. Better than my HD tv at home. See the numbers on the jersey during the game, look up and read the players name on the screen.
What the ads have to do with the picture quality, I have no idea. You could see the fillings in the fans teeth when they showed us on screen. AWESOME picture quality.
Did it clearly show the AWSOME shot of the female Texans fan fervently digging into her nose for a nice big bugger??
Old 08-18-2013   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did it clearly show the AWSOME shot of the female Texans fan fervently digging into her nose for a nice big bugger??
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bugger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuen4ALghhM
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #32
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Half the clip I thought she was to the side of the nose and perspective made it appear inside the nostril. However, for a few seconds, it did look like she was in there.

As for the Board - not sure why the TXNS were brag'n it up with the Vandermeer clip on how big it was only to have the viewing area the same and ALL the xtra space holding ads
Old 08-18-2013   #33
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent clarity and sharpness. Advertisements took up a large amount of the screen however.

It was so big and clear that I found myself distracted by it at times.

The new game intro was cool as hell though.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #34
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL nope. I just think it was on the TV.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #35
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post

As for the Board - not sure why the TXNS were brag'n it up with the Vandermeer clip on how big it was only to have the viewing area the same and ALL the xtra space holding ads
I totally agree with this with the exception of the viewing area being the same size.

These photos show it's quite a bit bigger than before.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=83

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Half the clip I thought she was to the side of the nose and perspective made it appear inside the nostril. However, for a few seconds, it did look like she was in there.
I was thinking the booger boulder was so big she had two fingers up that nostril trying to extract that snotball.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #37
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Did we really have to post a picture of this? She's probably going to have an interesting day at work tomorrow.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I was thinking the booger boulder was so big she had two fingers up that nostril trying to extract that snotball.
Her boyfriend when he comes to work tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2013   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Her boyfriend when he comes to work tomorrow.
I was thinking the same thing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder why the camera guys thought that was big screen worthy? Sixteen mil for a mega-hi-tech screen and the Reliant "producers" put that on the screen. Oh yeah, let's embarrass the paying customers. If I was Uncle Bob, someone would be out on the street today.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read