Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-10-2013   #121
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Think I can get a Texan's logo on one of these? I plan on loading up my clear plastic bag with all sorts of fun items.

Old 08-10-2013   #122
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Safety should always come first! JMO!
Even if we completely agree with that statement, this measure does nothing to actually enhance safety.
Old 08-10-2013   #123
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Think I can get a Texan's logo on one of these? I plan on loading up my clear plastic bag with all sorts of fun items.

Lipstick?????????..........Oops, just touched.........and it started making funny vibrating noises........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #124
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 61122 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just think fans are making more out of this than they need to..
Though I don't disagree with most of what you say, I think the NFL is making more out of it than they need to.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #125
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Though I don't disagree with most of what you say, I think the NFL is making more out of it than they need to.
I agree with you Speedy! The NFL is slowly ruining game day experience for everyone. Players can't celebrate, fans can't bring in noise makers, (still miss my cowbell,) and the cost of going to the game can equal a car note. I truly believe there is NO way to prevent a major terrorist attack if some group really wants to pull it off. But, if this new rule makes just one of them think twice then it will be worth it. I understand all the opinions, pro and con, but, for me personally, I refuse to allow this rule to ruin my day. I'll just stick my tube of carmax, glasses, phone, and a few bucks in my pocket and head on in to the stadium to support my team. They OWN me for the three hours they're on that football field! I'll comb my hair and put on makeup when I get back to the tailgate!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #126
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with you Speedy! The NFL is slowly ruining game day experience for everyone. Players can't celebrate, fans can't bring in noise makers, (still miss my cowbell,) and the cost of going to the game can equal a car note. I truly believe there is NO way to prevent a major terrorist attack if some group really wants to pull it off. But, if this new rule makes just one of them think twice then it will be worth it. I understand all the opinions, pro and con, but, for me personally, I refuse to allow this rule to ruin my day. I'll just stick my tube of carmax, glasses, phone, and a few bucks in my pocket and head on in to the stadium to support my team. They OWN me for the three hours they're on that football field! I'll comb my hair and put on makeup when I get back to the tailgate!
I did some digging and couldn't find any provisions for not being able to wear cargo pants or cargo shorts (multiple large front and back compartments). Looks like no-one's thought of that yet. Could solve a good many problems for many fans, especially the females.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #127
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll be seeing a lot of those my friend!!
Old 08-12-2013   #128
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a strong opinion on this, we'll make it work whatever the rule, but I will summarize how my wife feels:

We've got a 2 year old and 5 year old. The oldest has been to every game (apart from pre-season) since she was 8 weeks old. The youngest has done the same, as well as the game at Denver last year. We bought our 4 PSLs before we had any kids, with the dream of having 2 kids and going to Texans games as an awesome family tradition.

Who does this rule really impact the most? Families such as ours. Diapers, wipes, and bottles... sure, those are what kids "essentially" need. However, realistically, it's so much more than that...

Potty accidents are very likely, which means a change of clothes for each. How about my boy, who's learning to eat and fighting through some gag reflex problems? He's got a menu of about 4 or 5 food items that he'll stomach, that's it. Reliant doesn't sell those, so I need to pack a few of those things. Maybe that's "medical exemption" worthy, but what does that require... a doctor's note? That's not something we would normally carry with us...

Is it realistic to think my kids will be watching the game for 3 hours? Nope.... a book here, an ipod there, maybe a few toys... And how about walking from the yellow lot? My oldest rides on my shoulders, I'm sure the youngest will this year too (mine or the wife's). It's much more feasible for me to strap on a backpack than to try and carry a 12x12x6 handbag.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things I'm forgetting. I'm a guy. I'm expressing some of what the wife mentioned (what I can remember).

I know this isn't the "typical" experience for most fans. Some of you, hell many of you may feel, "pssshh, leave the kids at home". I'll bet 8 years ago I woulda said the same thing.

The thing is, me and the wife love football and we love the Texans. Ever since the Oilers left, and I went out of state for school and eventually work, I told myself...if I ever find myself back in the Houston area, I'm getting season tickets to the Texans and I'm going to every damn game. Life changes be damned, we (as a family) are going to every damn game.

If that means doing something as absurd as bringing an iPod so that my 2-year-old can watch flippin' Caillou for 30 minutes to keep him happy... that's what we do. It's like a mini version of a home play area in our 4 seats. We try to minimize fan interference around us. It's an exhausting 8 or 9 outings a year (we tailgate before and after as well), different than most other fans' experience.

To wrap this up, what we do is crazy to many (often myself included). And I understand we are probably in the vast minority, and rules aren't made for the vast minority. Will we make this new rule work? Sure, we'll adapt. But it just seems like an unnecessary step for families with children, who often have to (choose to?) haul around a bunch of crap everywhere they go. Exempt medical. Exempt families with small children. (If there's another obvious special-needs group I'm missing, exempt them too.) Give us a special line that takes much longer to go through, if needed. Don't make doing something we love more of a challenge than it needs to be.
Old 08-12-2013   #129
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Got the plastic bag in the mail today and it's larger than the purse I usually carry in. More than enough room for any lady needs!

One positive thing for sure is that if some yoyo spills beer on it it'll be easy to clean up.
Old 08-12-2013   #130
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Without bags I predict the Jags will see a lull in attendance.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #131
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Got the plastic bag in the mail today and it's larger than the purse I usually carry in. More than enough room for any lady needs!

One positive thing for sure is that if some yoyo spills beer on it it'll be easy to clean up.
I received the bag today as well. I don't know why, but I was expecting a Texans logo.

Oh yes! Nothing like someone behind you instead of placing unfinished beer in the cup holder setting it on the floor then turning the bottle over. I don't want the stuff spilling on my shoe, and definitely not my PURSE.

My worst experience in my regular seat was a couple of drunk Titans fans were sitting in the seats behind me. Nothing critical about the Titans, but just an observation for that game. The worst experience ever was visiting a relative on the visitors side near the 25 yd. line and fairly close to the field. That place was worse than a pig sty. I was glad to return to my regular seat.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #132
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I received the bag today as well. I don't know why, but I was expecting a Texans logo.

Oh yes! Nothing like someone behind you instead of placing unfinished beer in the cup holder setting it on the floor then turning the bottle over. I don't want the stuff spilling on my shoe, and definitely not my PURSE.

My worst experience in my regular seat was a couple of drunk Titans fans were sitting in the seats behind me. Nothing critical about the Titans, but just an observation for that game. The worst experience ever was visiting a relative on the visitors side near the 25 yd. line and fairly close to the field. That place was worse than a pig sty. I was glad to return to my regular seat.
Well, I sit/stand in the Bullpen, so, there's plenty of beer flowing EVERYWHERE! Spills are common, and I learned early on not to put my bag on the floor. Actually, this plastic one will be just fine under my seat, IF I decide to use it. Not really sure yet.
Old 08-16-2013   #133
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Breast implants suicide bomb threat

“There are genuine fears over this.

"We have been told to pay particular attention to females who may have concealed hidden explosives in their breasts.

“This is particularly difficult for us to pick up but we are on a very high state of alert.

---------------

Al-Qaeda’s chief bomb-maker Ibrahim al-Asiri is understood to have developed the method of foiling airport scanners by concealing *explosives in an implant or bodily cavity.

It is also feared there is no shortage of *volunteers willing to take part in an atrocity after hundreds of extremists recently escaped from prison in Pakistan.

Explosives expert Andy Oppenheimer said: “There is a great fear that al-Qaeda are planning on using internal devices to try and get through airport scanners.

"These explosives could be in breast implants.”

Source
So I have to wonder what policy the NFL will implement to deal with this particular potential terrorist threat.
Old 08-16-2013   #134
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
So I have to wonder what policy the NFL will implement to deal with this particular potential terrorist threat.
I will volunteer my time and efforts into inspecting said threats!
Old 08-16-2013   #135
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I will volunteer my time and efforts into inspecting said threats!
I know you're the man for the job!
Old 08-16-2013   #136
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 135847 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #137
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

I wonder if the ladies will be able to fit a pad in that bag since some couldn't manage to do so in a bag the size of your hand
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #138
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I wonder if the ladies will be able to fit a pad in that bag since some couldn't manage to do so in a bag the size of your hand
You missed the point on that which was they didn't want the world staring at their feminine products. Of course pads fit in the clear bags.
Old 08-17-2013   #139
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You missed the point on that which was they didn't want the world staring at their feminine products. Of course pads fit in the clear bags.

Maybe you should review post 76, my reply and your silly ass response to my post as it has zero to do with what you are stating now. Also people need to grow up. I'm pretty sure the world wouldn't be staring at your pad or tampon and even if they did who gives a ****?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #140
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Maybe you should review post 76, my reply and your silly ass response to my post as it has zero to do with what you are stating now. Also people need to grow up. I'm pretty sure the world wouldn't be staring at your pad or tampon and even if they did who gives a ****?
#1) Not going to go back and retrace every single conversation to try to limit it to what you think it was about. Being visible has clearly been an issue raised in this thread. Size and sight are related because the only hidden from view option is the small bag.

#2) Nobody, particularly women give a flying squirrel whether you mind having your feminine products on display.

#3) There was no hostility in my post. Who rubbed sand in your vagina?

#4) Now pull your tampon out and grow up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read