Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-13-2013   #21
since02
"Step 1"

Rep Power: 0 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02
Default Re: Anyone making the trip to KC?

So my wife and I decided to surprise my son with tickets to the Texans game in KC. The game falls on the day of his birthday, he doesn't know that we're going to the game he thinks were just going for a family vacation.

Now you guys have all listed plenty of bars/clubs for adults to go out and have a good time. Do you guys think you can give me some suggestions as to what KC has to offer for families? Theme parks, museums, recreation areas? Anything that a 8 year old would enjoy. The plan is to go out and explore KC all day Saturday.
Also, what hotels in what part of town would you all suggest are family friendly.

Thank y'all for the advice and suggestions

And we would definitely like to take part in the group picture, and tailgating!! Look forward to meeting some of y'all out there!!!
since02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by since02 View Post
So my wife and I decided to surprise my son with tickets to the Texans game in KC. The game falls on the day of his birthday, he doesn't know that we're going to the game he thinks were just going for a family vacation.

Now you guys have all listed plenty of bars/clubs for adults to go out and have a good time. Do you guys think you can give me some suggestions as to what KC has to offer for families? Theme parks, museums, recreation areas? Anything that a 8 year old would enjoy. The plan is to go out and explore KC all day Saturday.
Also, what hotels in what part of town would you all suggest are family friendly.

Thank y'all for the advice and suggestions

And we would definitely like to take part in the group picture, and tailgating!! Look forward to meeting some of y'all out there!!!
We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Key Sports Complex across the street from Arrowhead. It has a water park and appears to be very kid friendly. My friend from Iowa is meeting me there and she is bringing a friend who has two kids. I think their ages are 8 and 10. We have one parking pass but trying to coordinate with everyone else so we can get a tailgating group together. You and your wife are definitely welcome to join in. Right now we plan to meet in front of the Holiday Inn and go in as a group. I'll know more a little later on, plans are still in the works. Feel free to PM me or contact me here. I'll keep looking at this thread.

Gma
Sandy
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013   #23
since02
"Step 1"

Rep Power: 0 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Key Sports Complex across the street from Arrowhead. It has a water park and appears to be very kid friendly. My friend from Iowa is meeting me there and she is bringing a friend who has two kids. I think their ages are 8 and 10. We have one parking pass but trying to coordinate with everyone else so we can get a tailgating group together. You and your wife are definitely welcome to join in. Right now we plan to meet in front of the Holiday Inn and go in as a group. I'll know more a little later on, plans are still in the works. Feel free to PM me or contact me here. I'll keep looking at this thread.

Gma
Sandy
SheTexan,

Thank you for the information, I looked into it and that hotel looks as if its a great pick! Also if you book now it'll save you about 50 bucks so I'll be setting my reservation soon. Thank you for the tailgate invite, will definitely take you up on that. Thanks again, I'll keep checking for more info
Old 08-22-2013   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hotel booked, tickets and parking pass are in the hands of a YANKEE from Iowa! Might be in trouble cause she's forgetful! lol Section 109, row 8. Looking forward to the trip!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #25
since02
"Step 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Hotel booked, tickets and parking pass are in the hands of a YANKEE from Iowa! Might be in trouble cause she's forgetful! lol Section 109, row 8. Looking forward to the trip!
Awesome!!! hotel has also been booked, and tickets are printed! section 134 row 6! Cant wait to meet up with fellow fans up there!
Old 08-27-2013   #26
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be with a group of 16. Can't promise all of them will be Texans fans, but a good portion of them will be. Some of our friends, naturally, are Cheifs fans since we do live in KC. We'll be tailgating, though I don't know which lot yet. If you have a family with people too young to drink/too old to drink past 9, staying in the area of Arrowhead would be ok. Otherwise, there is pretty much nothing to do. If you've got a family/group and you want to actually go out and explore the KC nightlife, Plaza or Downtown are your best bets. Plaza will give you more shopping/eating options during the day and is a quick cab ride to Westport (a pretty happening bar district). If you want something more chill, head north about 5 miles to Waldo. Cab drivers will know what you want.

My group will be aged 22ish - 32ish. Our plan is to meet at a hotel near the stadium to drop cars and organize ourselves into a few tailgating friendly vehicles. We'll leave the extra cars at the hotel and head to the stadium from there. Texans fans are welcome to join, but seriously, don't expect enthusiasm before a coffee and bloody mary. If anyone wants to tag along/form a semi-organized tailgate we can set up a meeting spot at a hotel and caravan from there so we're in the same area.
Old 09-24-2013   #27
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tickets arrived. Waiting on my new jersey. It's getting real.
Old 10-01-2013   #28
since02
"Step 1"

Well thanks to the greedy bastards in the white house I wont be making the trip anymore. My tickets are up for sale if anyone is interested they are listed on the tickets and memorabilia page, or stub hub.. Hope you guys and gals have a blast, hopefully the TEXANS come out of KC with a W!
Old 10-03-2013   #29
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

So pumped! Tickets in section 120 on the 45 yard line 37th row! Can't wait!
Old 10-11-2013   #30
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Alright. After consulting with my insider source (college drinking buddy and close friend) who works for the Chiefs, I've been told gates open at 10:30am even though the kickoff is pushed back. He also advised that we enter through GATE 5 though he said it didn't matter which lot once in. He said that's the gate that gets rowdy and has a lot of visitors. He also said they're expecting a lot of Texans fans.
Old 10-11-2013   #31
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Link to the Facebook page that gives info on where fans will have unofficial meet-ups and group photos. No account needed. https://www.facebook.com/travelingtexans?ref=br_tf
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read