Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing?

1) Ben Jones and Quess at LG. Wade Smtih is a question right now.

2) OLB's....Need some productive bodies there

3) WR's 3 and beyond...Someone needs to step up

4) DB play. Was sloppy in the first game....

5) Earl Mitchell...Can he continue to play like he did in game 1?

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #2
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

how does anyone NOT in the houston area plan on being able to watch it live?
Old 08-16-2013   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

I didn't get to see anything past 1st quarter thanks to ABC and their shatted panties. So I'd like to see Case Keenum for the first time.

I'd like to see LeStar get some good plays in.

More Mitchell too. Better DB play from the bench.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61273 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The big board
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
NFL.com's preseason package. So I'll be watching it online.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Ben Jones and Quessenberry. It's going to be interesting to see who wins this battle and if they progress to a point where they would unseat Wade even if he wasn't injured.

2) Case vs. TJ. I'm hoping Case takes some giant steps forward and proves that last week's play wasn't just because of the level of competition. I want them both to play well.

3) WRs. I want some more oohs and aahs from DH but I'm hoping Martin starts to show in game situations what everyone's saying they're saw in TC. And then I want some other guys to step up, too.

4) OLBs. Need some development here.

5) RBs. Want to see Cierre Wood get some reps with the 2s. Want to see if DJ can play better than he did last week.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #7
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see the rag-tag O-line perform better. I want to
see solid runs against first team defenses and QB's with enough
time to go through their progressions without having to shift the
pocket to avoid pressure.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2013   #8
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

1. All cornerbacks not named Joseph or Jackson.

2. Keo since I am doubting Reed will be ready for week 1 which means Keo starting things off most likely. Has he really improved?

3. LG. I was no fan of Wade Smith and it sucks that he is hurt but we could use some real consistency at that spot.

4. OLB's because of the obvious reason that we haven't seen much of anything from this group.

5. WR's. Wanted to see Bonner but he won't be out there so let's see if Martin can pick it up. Would really like to have a slot to work the middle and work mismatches inside.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

1.) Cushing

2.) Oline minus DB and Myers

3.) Remaining LB corps (Mercilus needs to get right and get to work. Game 3 maybe)

4.) WRs 3-5. Who cleans up from last week to gain ground?

5.) DBs not named J-Jo or KJ, including safeties

Peripheral Vision.) Butler
Old 08-16-2013   #10
rpagz3
Rookie

I just want to make sure that this team can stop the passing game for once. Make sure that this secondary can match up with a spread offense.

The elite quarterbacks had their way with this Texans defense last season. Seriously.. Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers made this defense look subpar. And until we can stop a passing attack I don't trust the defense.

.. Although I should state that this may not be seen in this game due to the Dolphins do not have an elite quarterback. But any strides to showing a positive passing defense is all I want to see.
rpagz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #11
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected

For the 2nd game, I think I'm most interested in D-Hop. From all the good reports he had from camp, ota's, etc., last week's big td catch, I think a lot of fans are taking it for granted that he has arrived. I want to see him have a solid game.

Cushing.

Chris Jones. I thought he had a pretty good game last week for a rookie. Hope he follows it up right.

Jefferson & Tuggle I thought Tuggle looked pretty solid last week. Need Jefferson to continue to improve

Ja'Gared Davis. Kind of under the radar last week, but had some plays he looked good on. Showed power and range.
idymoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
For the 2nd game, I think I'm most interested in D-Hop. From all the good reports he had from camp, ota's, etc., last week's big td catch, I think a lot of fans are taking it for granted that he has arrived. I want to see him have a solid game.

Cushing.

Chris Jones. I thought he had a pretty good game last week for a rookie. Hope he follows it up right.

Jefferson & Tuggle I thought Tuggle looked pretty solid last week. Need Jefferson to continue to improve

Ja'Gared Davis. Kind of under the radar last week, but had some plays he looked good on. Showed power and range.
I like ja'gared man. I love how he plays. Just a gritty get after type of player. I think he'll end up on the PS this year and hopefully he gets better and can find a place on the roster next year.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Cierre Wood & Dennis Johnson. Wood looked better game #1.

2) Keenum vs. Yates. I would like to see how Keenum looks with the 2nd unit, and can Yates come out sharp this week?

3) WR's 3 and beyond... I haven't seen anything to impress me yet from these guys and I'm not just talking about this Pre-Season.

4) OLB battle: Jefferson & Tuggle. I don't think both of them will make the roster, so this will be an interesting battle for the final OLB spot.

5) Hopkins. I'm just excited to see what this guy will bring this year.

Just missed the cut:

D.J. Swearinger. Didn't have a good game last week. I would like to see him rebound and play to his ability this week.

Earl Mitchell. If he can beast all year like he did game #1, it would be one scary D-line.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #14
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I got Preseason Live from nfl.com

With my DirecTV subscription I got 25% off for a grand total of $14.99
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis looked good last week.

I'll be mostly watching LGs and OLBs.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Case Keenum's next test with the 2's.

2) Brandon Brooks imposing running lanes at will.

3) Ben Jones and Derek Newton allowing no decline at their respective positions.

4) Can Earl Mitchell remain consistent?

5) Can Willie Jefferson continue to make his case as a true contributor for 2013?

BONUS: Bouye.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We didn't get to watch most of the first preseason game live in Houston soooo.....
Old 08-16-2013   #18
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Cushing. I want to be positive he's gonna do his thing this year.

2) Oline, LG especially. I'm worried about what happens is Wade gets re injured or can't start the season.

3) OLBs. Still want someone to step up here.

4) Swearinger. There's been a lot of talk of him playing that 3rd safety/LB spot. Want to see some smarter moves this game.

5) Earl Mitchell. We really need him to be solid this year.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

The big uglies - that's who I'll be watching. If our lines can dominate we can plug damn near anyone behind them.

Swearinger - I know that missed tackle is eating away at him and he's gonna bring it.

QB2 - is it a battle?

Nuk - Quickly climbing up the list of favorite Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I got Preseason Live from nfl.com

With my DirecTV subscription I got 25% off for a grand total of $14.99
Anyone can get that discount, just have to use the promo code Directv and they'll knock $5 off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read