Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2013   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watt lobbying to play Offense

nope, focus on D
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait... what happened to his whole
Shut you DOWN!!
thing...

Can't do that on offense.

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #23
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello. This is a joke.

Eric Winston lobbied to catch passes too.

I will say that I won't be surprised with another Watt INT.
Old 08-14-2013   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hello. This is a joke.

well, of course...
In fact I thought someone said earlier in the thread that it's been a running joke between Watt and Kubiak since last season
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #25
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59150 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak won't even let his fullbacks run the ball, no way in hell is he gonna let a defensive player play TE...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #26
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hello. This is a joke.

Both Winston and Watt played a little TE in college, so that doesn't surprise me.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #27
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ Watt at TE?

JJ Watt at TE???

Discuss

ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #28
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt at TE?

Hello??!!!??

Discuss
Old 08-15-2013   #29
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Stop making these threads you newb!

LOL my bad!

Hahaha! It's all good!

Discuss
Old 08-15-2013   #30
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Back to the topic, the thing is you don't want to risk injury.

LOL yeah I could see it as a concern, but if the coach is alright with it, let's try it out for one play and see if it works out.

Haha you are correct!

Preciate it!

Discuss
Old 08-15-2013   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Been discussed here, Schizo. Look through the forum first before creating a new thread to talk to yourself

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101434
Old 08-16-2013   #32
record
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 record is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respected

I started this thread about it in Jan '12 in which I got few replies and ripped a bit.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89057

Here is what I wrote:

Work him into goal line packages. Dude is an athletic freak. He can lead block at FB, line up at TE, or go in motion. Maybe even give him the rock? Does anyone else see this?

No, just the guy who has freakazoid athletic ability and has shown he has great hands. Goal line packages only. With his ability to catch, height, and size he can definitely create a mismatch or help blocking. I don't really mean let him carry the ball as much as lead block as FB, additional TE, or line up as FB and go in motion to be an additional TE or get a DB on him then throw up the lob pass where only he can catch it with his height. Eventually to keep the opposing D honest, you will have to give #99 the rock from the FB position, but that isn't the main idea. The main idea is to have more power near the goal line and make the opposing D have more to game plan for. If JJ shows he can catch it down there, they will have to respect him. Of course you are going to see how it works in practice before you roll it out during a game.

Instead of telling me I am drunk or stupid, tell me why it won't work?
record is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #33
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

This obviously is never going to happen, but if it does and he scores a TD, I hope he does the Namaste.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #34
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Rep Power: 2083 MidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by record View Post
I started this thread about it in Jan '12 in which I got few replies and ripped a bit.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89057

Here is what I wrote:

Work him into goal line packages. Dude is an athletic freak. He can lead block at FB, line up at TE, or go in motion. Maybe even give him the rock? Does anyone else see this?

No, just the guy who has freakazoid athletic ability and has shown he has great hands. Goal line packages only. With his ability to catch, height, and size he can definitely create a mismatch or help blocking. I don't really mean let him carry the ball as much as lead block as FB, additional TE, or line up as FB and go in motion to be an additional TE or get a DB on him then throw up the lob pass where only he can catch it with his height. Eventually to keep the opposing D honest, you will have to give #99 the rock from the FB position, but that isn't the main idea. The main idea is to have more power near the goal line and make the opposing D have more to game plan for. If JJ shows he can catch it down there, they will have to respect him. Of course you are going to see how it works in practice before you roll it out during a game.

Instead of telling me I am drunk or stupid, tell me why it won't work?
I don't think it couldn't work, but it is more about the risk/reward of benefit vs. the chance of injury.

We now finally have a replacement for Joel in the Red Zone that we didn't have last year, so I think Griffin can do most of what people would want to do with Watt without the risk of hurting your best player on defense if he tangles legs with a linebacker or gets tackled at the knees.
MidtownMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #35
salinaspaul
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 salinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Honestly, I see this as something to pull out in a playoff game against a very stingy D, not something to showcase every week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
This obviously is never going to happen, but if it does and he scores a TD, I hope he does the Namaste.
If these two scenarios happened on the same play, it would be highlight of the year, and an instant classic - right up there with Dre's 4th & 10 TD photo!

This must needs be, if only once.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read