Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2013   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

I know some people don't like Travis Johnson the player, but if you get a chance check out Travis Johnson the Radio Host. He is Really good IMO. REALLY good. He's a smart dude, has a good delivery, entertaining and I suspect a lot of guys here would agree with his takes.

I think he is 10x better than Seth. My favorite thing he said today was saying Andre is like a Crane on a construction site. Large presrnce looming over everyone...doesn't make a lot of fuss and always there ready to work.

But yeah...if you get a chance, check him out.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2c9FbYsth

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I know some people don't like Travis Johnson the player, but if you get a chance check out Travis Johnson the Radio Host. He is Really good IMO. REALLY good. He's a smart dude, has a good delivery, entertaining and I suspect a lot of guys here would agree with his takes.

I think he is 10x better than Seth. My favorite thing he said today was saying Andre is like a Crane on a construction site. Large presrnce looming over everyone...doesn't make a lot of fuss and always there ready to work.

I enjoyed listening to TJ, but he's not even close to Seth. But, I reckon everyone has different tastes.
Old 08-16-2013   #4
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

N.D. and Greg in the trenches still the best IMO

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He's been on 1560 a couple of times and I thought he was great and funny, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
While not his brightest moment, c'mon? Really??

The number 1 overall pick of the 2002 draft class disagrees with the bolded.
Old 08-16-2013   #6
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
He's been on 1560 a couple of times and I thought he was great and funny!

One is still in the league and at least did something for us. The other was traded for a 6th round pick and then released a year later from them.
Old 08-16-2013   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
He's been on 1560 a couple of times and I thought he was great and funny, too!

Eh, he had to play behind a bad oline.

Old 08-16-2013   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I enjoyed listening to TJ, but he's not even close to Seth. But, I reckon everyone has different tastes.
Seth? You mean Mr. Giggles. Dude is a child on the radio 30% of the time.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I wouldn't mind checking him out, but he's on SR610. That station left my presets a long time ago.
Old 08-16-2013   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Seth? You mean Mr. Giggles. Dude is a child on the radio 30% of the time.
Ya' know...I like Seth, but I just think TJ is better.

Not knocking Seth, I just think TJ has been damn good so far.
Old 08-16-2013   #11
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Eh, he had to play behind a bad oline.

I think Carr sucked horribly and of course would've rather have had Peppers in hind sight but at least I can understand the pick PLUS he's still actually IN the NFL.

Johnson, on the other hand, also sucked even more horribly. Did nothing as a pro and we could've taken Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Johnson, or any other of the bad asses that were available.

IDK how anyone could think that Johnson wasn't a bigger bust than Carr but to each his own.

Anyways, Johnson should not be calling ANYONE in the NFL a loser, he was one of the biggest losers who ever played for us.
Old 08-16-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
Honestly I think they'd be better apart or with another host there. They sound kind of amateurish to me. I like them both though...just not a fan of them together.
Old 08-16-2013   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think Carr sucked horribly and of course would've rather have had Peppers in hind sight but at least I can understand the pick PLUS he's still actually IN the NFL.

Johnson, on the other hand, also sucked even more horribly. Did nothing as a pro and we could've taken Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Johnson, or any other of the bad asses that were available.

IDK how anyone could think that Johnson wasn't a bigger bust than Carr but to each his own.

Anyways, Johnson should not be calling ANYONE in the NFL a loser, he was one of the biggest losers who ever played for us.

I don't know the Tony Romo stuff, but TJ just said a little while ago that the texans screwed up by taking him over Aaron Rodgers.

But you shouldn't blame TJ for the team picking him. I don't get that part.
Old 08-16-2013   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 270038 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well then I guess he just shouldn't be on the radio since it involves being critical. Guess the stationed disagreed with you.
Old 08-16-2013   #15
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If all his arguments are as good as the Romo one, I'd imagine he's about as good at analyzing football as he was at playing it.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seth cracks me up all the time. Yeah, he's unpolished, but that's part of the appeal. He is not some pro radio dude, but a retired pro athlete that is not sure where the line in the sand is half the time. I expect him to get into some sort of FCC trouble at some point because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
I really enjoy their show when I get a chance to hear it. I pretty much learn something every time I listen. And they talk football the majority of the time instead of pandering with 'guy talk' radio, which bores me to death.

Quote:
Ya' know...I like Seth, but I just think TJ is better.

Not knocking Seth, I just think TJ has been damn good so far.
I have not heard TJ, yet, but based on your opinion I will definitely check him out. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-16-2013   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Seth cracks me up all the time. Yeah, he's unpolished, but that's part of the appeal. He is not some pro radio dude, but a retired pro athlete that is not sure where the line in the sand is half the time. I expect him to get into some sort of FCC trouble at some point because of it.

I really enjoy their show when I get a chance to hear it. I pretty much learn something every time I listen. And they talk football the majority of the time instead of pandering with 'guy talk' radio, which bores me to death.

I have not heard TJ, yet, but based on your opinion I will definitely check him out. Thanks for the heads up.
Seth Payne is very sharp, and fortunately for his listeners he can articulate what he knows which is a lot about a lot of different things that go beyond football. And he dishs it all out with an irreverent sense of humor. But his inside knowledge of the NFL is the real payoff.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #18
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ was a six year starter. Both Okoye and Carr were worse, and to this point Mercilus. Probably Babin as well.

Furthermore, TJ made 10 million in his career. Romo just got a $100 million contract for having the same number playoff wins as Matt Schaub. Let that sink in a minute.

Regardless, it's irrelevant. You don't have to be a great player to have an opinion, or Joe Montana would be the only critic.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #19
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To me Seth Payne sounds like your typical 610 radio host BUT Travis Johnson calls it like he sees it and just keeps it real. 610 was definitely missing that.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #20
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well then I guess he just shouldn't be on the radio since it involves being critical. Guess the stationed disagreed with you.

Guess so. I don't listen to 610 anymore anyway, 790 all the way for me. Any station that employs Josh Innes obviously doesn't know what they're doing!

And TJ was not a 6 year starter, might want to look up those starts there noxiousdog. He was a bust and is more of a loser than most NFL players, and certainly Romo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read