Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The plays that some of us are getting all excited about where he went off schedule might not be plays that Kubiak is happy about. That doesn't mean that Kubiak isn't happy with some other plays.

We don't know.
I think it's even more grayer than that.

It could be the very same play. Kubiak would ask Case to describe his thought process, if Case recite back the keys he's supposed to look at & the reads were right, that's a point. If those reads said chuck it & run, or "Yer on yer own." & Case made something happen, that's another point.

If his answer reveals he didn't get to his second read because protection in front of him, or to his left, or whatever broke down...... & he made something happen, that's a point.

However, if Kubiak believes he should have gotten to his 3rd read, but decided to flush out to his left... made a play, moved the chains, or scored..

no point.

He's got to get so many points before Kubiak says he earned a run with the 2nd unit.

I think it's obvious he did enough right things that Kubiak was already talking about putting him in with the second team when the game was over.

Where I think the problem is, is that many are saying Tj looked terrible & Case looked better... & that's not an apples to apples comparison. Tj didn't look terrible. He wasn't perfect, but very few players turn in one perfect game in there whole career.

Tj looked like Schaub. Far as I can tell, Schaub's the bar.

If I were Kubiak, Case would have to look as competent as Schaub does running this offense to make the team, or at least reasonably close. .... better would be good, I wouldn't have a problem with better.

It has nothing to do with being better or worse than Tj. If Case Keenum was playing for the Philadelphia Eagles, there's no doubt in my mind that Kubiak would go into the season with Tj Yates as our back up QB... most likely wouldn't have brought anyone in to compete with him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read