Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 08-08-2013   #21
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian is Here Ready for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRingo View Post
Glad to see I have found the prodigal child... Look forward to seeing your posts..
Thanks JR! I will do my best and try not to disappoint. Ready to get this party started.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #22
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

to continue the QB discussion I'm really hoping Bryn Renner from NC has a massive year i really like him. only thing i dont understand is how people say he has an undersized arm looks pretty good to me
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad you guys are here.
I normally don't get involved with scouting college players much during the NFL season. I'll watch the games and pay attention to a few guys here and there, usually at certain positions I think the Texans may draft next year.

It's always good to have more eyes and ears.
Welcome!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #24
gcates
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 gcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never heard of this "draft" nonsense...and college football is for NERDS!!!!!

David Carr was always the answer, look at the two rings...you can't deny rings. He is clearly better than Dan Marino ever was.

Honestly, I haven't begun digging into the NCAA scene for the upcoming season as of yet...things here in Afghanistan have gotten complicated, plus when I stopped participating over at the other place, I just kinda shifted focus. Ending my contract in a few days, heading out to see the fiancee in SE Asia, then likely back to the good ol' USofA before the start of 2014.

Good to see you around Texian...the issues concerning you there are what prompted me to end my long tenure elsewhere. Randy, Ringo, revan...someone else on the first page, name escapes me (h-towntexans maybe)...good to see you fellas here as well.
gcates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #25
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcates View Post
I've never heard of this "draft" nonsense...and college football is for NERDS!!!!!

David Carr was always the answer, look at the two rings...you can't deny rings. He is clearly better than Dan Marino ever was.

Honestly, I haven't begun digging into the NCAA scene for the upcoming season as of yet...things here in Afghanistan have gotten complicated, plus when I stopped participating over at the other place, I just kinda shifted focus. Ending my contract in a few days, heading out to see the fiancee in SE Asia, then likely back to the good ol' USofA before the start of 2014.

Good to see you around Texian...the issues concerning you there are what prompted me to end my long tenure elsewhere. Randy, Ringo, revan...someone else on the first page, name escapes me (h-towntexans maybe)...good to see you fellas here as well.
Welcome to another very good football mind. He always seems to bring sense to the situation. Good see you made it to Texans Talk. I think you will like it and also see many familiar names. Looking forward to the 2013 seasons and our many conversations.
Old 08-09-2013   #26
gcates
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 gcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Welcome to another very good football mind. He always seems to bring sense to the situation. Good see you made it to Texans Talk. I think you will like it and also see many familiar names. Looking forward to the 2013 seasons and our many conversations.
For sure. A new start...now I'm just a noob and not one of the longest tenured members of the place. Outta make things interesting.
Old 08-09-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcates View Post
For sure. A new start...now I'm just a noob and not one of the longest tenured members of the place. Outta make things interesting.
Gcates, if you don't mind me asking, where's in SEA is your fiancÚ from?

I was born in Sai Gon, Viet Nam, in 59.
Old 08-09-2013   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
to continue the QB discussion I'm really hoping Bryn Renner from NC has a massive year i really like him. only thing i dont understand is how people say he has an undersized arm looks pretty good to me
I've seen him a few times, but haven't really zeroed in on him yet so I can't really say much.

Fales, on the other hand, caught my attention.
I agreed with Texian here; I think people will start to hear about him more as the season rolls along.

BTW, there are several guys who have been really into the college scene here on the board, but the three amigos (Badboy, beelover, and rmartin) are like year-round groupies (haha). Their contribution is highly appreciated.
Old 08-09-2013   #29
gcates
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Gcates, if you don't mind me asking, where's in SEA is your fiancÚ from?

I was born in Sai Gon, Viet Nam, in 59.
Northern Thailand, just a hop, skip and a jump from Laos. Hot, humid...kinda reminds me of some summer days in Texas.
Old 08-13-2013   #30
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63067 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
I think he's going to have a good season. I will let you know though as I will be watching everyone of his games.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #31
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I think he's going to have a good season. I will let you know though as I will be watching everyone of his games.
that would be great. ill certainly be contacting you through the year to get your opinion
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #32
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome Texian...
Welcome Gcates...

We've got a pretty good group of guys that frequent the Draft Talk page semi regularly. I can't wait to start seeing some 2014 mocks and names of players to keep and eye on. So far 2014 looks to be a very good year for CB, but only average at 3-4 ILB. It's still very early though.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #33
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Welcome Texian...
Welcome Gcates...

We've got a pretty good group of guys that frequent the Draft Talk page semi regularly. I can't wait to start seeing some 2014 mocks and names of players to keep and eye on. So far 2014 looks to be a very good year for CB, but only average at 3-4 ILB. It's still very early though.
Really? I am very encouraged by the potential ILB talent available in 2014.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #34
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Welcome Texian...
Welcome Gcates...

Just off the top of my head
CJ Mosely Bama AJ Johnson Tenn and Christian Jones FSU all have pro bowl potential and are all great ILB that should transition quite well to the NFL

As far as QBs go I have my eyes set on Boyd and Mariota those are my two favorites and I feel those are the two best options for a QB seeking franchise. It's where the NFL game is going like RGIII&Luck. Must have the arm and the legs with character&qualities above the shoulders as well.

I will be looking at fales and others but I'm hesitant fales numbers are off the charts but for some reason I just don't see the it factor
Just like lynch and many others.

I am interested in seeing what Blake Bell does at Oklahoma big ol haas will be the guy now and he will have to throw more than run. Reminds me of Big Ben but with legs and a nack for the end zone
If he delivers with his arm this year like he did with his legs last year his stock will sky rocket.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Just off the top of my head
CJ Mosely Bama AJ Johnson Tenn and Christian Jones FSU all have pro bowl potential and are all great ILB that should transition quite well to the NFL

As far as QBs go I have my eyes set on Boyd and Mariota those are my two favorites and I feel those are the two best options for a QB seeking franchise. It's where the NFL game is going like RGIII&Luck. Must have the arm and the legs with character&qualities above the shoulders as well.

I will be looking at fales and others but I'm hesitant fales numbers are off the charts but for some reason I just don't see the it factor
Just like lynch and many others.

I am interested in seeing what Blake Bell does at Oklahoma big ol haas will be the guy now and he will have to throw more than run. Reminds me of Big Ben but with legs and a nack for the end zone
If he delivers with his arm this year like he did with his legs last year his stock will sky rocket.
As far as the QB's go, I know that Mettenberger had a down yr last yr. But this was his 1st action after taking a yr off. He almost helped beat Alabama and he has all of the tools to be a NFL QB. He just needs to make better reads and get used to game speed.

I look for Mettenberger to be much improved. (No mention of Johnny Football, LOL)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #36
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mettenberger is ok
I don't see much when I watch him
He is talented but I don't see him transitioning to the pro level
Maybe as a back up
As well as Manziel I called that along time ago
Manziel is not a NFL QB
And if he is then good but I don't have The balls nor the position too find out and if I did I still would not roll the dice and that was before all this stuff came out and I stated that opinion during the Manziel craze after the hiesman ceremony and I caught flack but I'm not here to just coast I'm here for analyst and details and breakdowns and bold opinions and knowledgable sports banter.
So if flack is what I get then flack is what I will take!
Old 08-15-2013   #37
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mettenberger is ok
I don't see much when I watch him
He is talented but I don't see him transitioning to the pro level
Maybe as a back up
Manziel is not a NFL QB
And if he is then good but I don't have The balls nor the position too find out and if I did I still would not roll the dice and that was before all this stuff came out and I stated that opinion during the Manziel craze after the hiesman ceremony and I caught flack but I'm not here to just coast I'm here for analyst and details and breakdowns and bold opinions and knowledgable sports banter.
So if flack is what I get then flack is what I will take!
No QB will ever look good under Carr. (Including J'Marcus Russell)

I agree with you about Manziel. He's a great college QB, but I dont think his game transitions well to the NFL. I hope Gary doesn't get his Aggie hard on and makes Manziel the Texans QB of the future.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #38
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Manziel is not a NFL QB
Put on your flack jacket .....IMHO Johnny Manziel will have a better NFL career than Doug Flutie. This is also the year that we find out what Mettenberger is about. For all practical purposes he was rookie last year. Had a 50:1 passes to INT ratio is very good and shows good decision making.
Old 08-16-2013   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I really like Bradley Roby, the CB at Ohio St.
He can play man and should fit with our scheme well.
Just wonder if this will affect his future:

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...e-reduced.html
Old 08-16-2013   #40
Rock N Randy
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Put on your flack jacket .....IMHO Johnny Manziel will have a better NFL career than Doug Flutie. This is also the year that we find out what Mettenberger is about. For all practical purposes he was rookie last year. Had a 50:1 passes to INT ratio is very good and shows good decision making.
This is the year for mettenberger that is true
Man I don't know about Manziel
I don't even think he will be as successful as Flutie
Is it Johnny or is it the cast around Johnny
He has a lot of super talent around him
I mean Joeckle Michael and many others including HC Sumlin who as been requested for NFL interviews or is in consideration for further vacancies atleast.
A lot of really good talent last year and this year supporting Manziel.
Seals Jones Evans Mathews

Oh and I'm not a fan of Roby either
To me he is way over hyped
I like Purifoy and Ifo better then Roby

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read