Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013   #661
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Can you imagine if Schaub gets taken out by a golf cart at practice?!

That'd be a dumpster fire.
Geez, no kidding. Can you imagine losing the season to that? They need to give whoever was driving that cart a field sobriety test.

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-14-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #662
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I've gained a whole new level of respect for Posey. All this talk about how he lacked work ethic last year can be completely thrown out of the window now.

If he's able to be 85-90% of what he was at the end of the year last year for the Texans early on he's going to help the team.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #663
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Must say I'm pretty darned impressed with Devier Posey. His attitude, his commitment, the research he's done, his work ethic ..... to come back this quickly from such a devastating injury is impressive. Whether he contributes this year or not, I have to say I'm 100% in this young man's corner for the way he has carried himself throughout.

My hat's off to him...

Old 08-14-2013   #664
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Wow, I've gained a whole new level of respect for Posey. All this talk about how he lacked work ethic last year can be completely thrown out of the window now.

If he's able to be 85-90% of what he was at the end of the year last year for the Texans early on he's going to help the team.
Talk from who? I don't remember hearing talk of that nature. My understanding was that it took him a little longer to grasp the playbook. Had nothing to do with work ethic
Old 08-14-2013   #665
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Talk from who? I don't remember hearing talk of that nature. My understanding was that it took him a little longer to grasp the playbook. Had nothing to do with work ethic
Early on in the offseason last year Kubiak made some comments about him not being in football shape and of course people jumped to the conclusion that he lacked work ethic. In Kubiak's words he said things like "He needs to be able to run all day".
Old 08-14-2013   #666
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Early on in the offseason last year Kubiak made some comments about him not being in football shape and of course people jumped to the conclusion that he lacked work ethic. In Kubiak's words he said things like "He needs to be able to run all day".
But that had more to do with not playing football for so long because of his suspensions.

The Texans picked him up, because of the work ethic he showed while suspended & the work he put in to help the other members of the team.

He's a solid Dude, very Texans worthy.
Old 08-14-2013   #667
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But that had more to do with not playing football for so long because of his suspensions.

The Texans picked him up, because of the work ethic he showed while suspended & the work he put in to help the other members of the team.

He's a solid Dude, very Texans worthy.
Of course most people know that TK, and the majority of people went to bat for him. Just go to this original Posey thread. I never once questioned this, but there were a couple of people who did. Nothing wrong with the people that did either. I think its easy to take Kubiak's quotes and run with them because he always seems to take digs at players he's trying to push, especially younger players.

3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State
Old 08-14-2013   #668
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

--houstontexans.com
Old 08-14-2013   #669
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I just assumed posey would be there game 1...that's why I've been putting him on my rosters. Every time I've heard him talk he has confidently said game 1.....so I believed him.
I was saying the same thing.
At least, I was quite positive that he would play this year.
I never ruled him out for game 1, but didn't want to get my hope up too high.

So are we going to carry six?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #670
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I was saying the same thing.
At least, I was quite positive that he would play this year.
I never ruled him out for game 1, but didn't want to get my hope up too high.

So are we going to carry six?
Depends on how many RB's and OL we end up carrying. If we do 8 OL, and 3 RB's (with 1 FB) we'll probably carry 6, although I can definitely see Posey taking Jean's place if we only go 5 (Andre, DeAndre, KeShawn, Posey, Bonner).
Old 08-14-2013   #671
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Depends on how many RB's and OL we end up carrying. If we do 8 OL, and 3 RB's (with 1 FB) we'll probably carry 6, although I can definitely see Posey taking Jean's place if we only go 5 (Andre, DeAndre, KeShawn, Posey, Bonner).
I see them cutting martin before jean IMO.
Old 08-14-2013   #672
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Martin bring Special Teams value. I honestly couldn't see this happening.
Old 08-14-2013   #673
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, was about to post the same thing.. Jean at least has size and a ability to play on the outside.. Martin doesn't really have any unique abilities.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #674
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really ? Cause i dont recall anything special about his special teams ability last season. Looked like hell until they finally put manning back there again.
Old 08-14-2013   #675
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What special teams value? I don't remember a lot of good returns.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #676
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What special teams value? I don't remember a lot of good returns.
He had a few returns he almost took to the house. Add in the fact that our blocking stunk for most of the year then I'd say he was the least of our problems in that area.
Old 08-14-2013   #677
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they like Martin more than Jean. I think he's higher up on the depth chart.

If anything, I think it's Bonner that's got to be careful or he'll end up on the PS. For me, I see the list as:

1. AJ
2. DH
3. Posey -- Depending on his conditioning.
4. Martin
5. Bonner
6. Jean
7. Lemon
8. Cruz/EZ/Smith
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #678
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
He had a few returns he almost took to the house. Add in the fact that our blocking stunk for most of the year then I'd say he was the least of our problems in that area.
Same blocking looked pretty good for D manning when he was in.
Old 08-14-2013   #679
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Dont see how some here think Bonner is ahead of jean at this point either. I'd say

AJ
Hopkins
Posey
Jean
Martin
Old 08-14-2013   #680
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Same blocking looked pretty good for D manning when he was in.
Manning is an elite return man. I never said Martin was Manning. Simply said he brings value which he does. The blocking for much of the year was bad. There is a reason we hired an Assistant Special Teams coach. There's a problem there everyone recognizes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read