Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013   #641
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Nolan was a vet that they had some hope for, but didn't pan out.
They gave him another chance, but didn't like what they saw.

I said "doubtful" that they cut the ST captain, not "definite".
Keo still has to show that he makes improvement, and so far, it seems that he did in practice such that they put him in there, and he responded well in the game.

Wade could have find a vet in the off-season, but he didn't.
A bit player would earn a minimum vet salary and doesn't break the bank.
They didn't keep Demps who has had plenty of experience.
Wade also could have kept Alan Ball who had played safety with the Cowboys.
He's a Wade's guy, too.
I loved the way nolan played, i dont know what others on here saw our what the coaches saw, but when i saw him in games he was good. Who cares what a plyers looks like in practice if thats the case. If they can turn around and play good on sundays then so be it.
Old 08-13-2013   #642
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
ummmmmmm 76 always "knew" what KJs assignments were when we used to have our debates .
No I didn't.
On some plays, I said I wasn't sure what the coverage was supposed to be; none of us can be sure; therefore, one cannot say for certain that KJax was bad on those plays.

On some plays, I try to come up with the best guess as to what the coverage was supposed to be by bringing up different things.

A few times, when the coaches did answer a question pertaining to a particular play, it was proven that I was correct in my assessments.
In no instance my analysis was rebuked by the coaches.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #643
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Just picking fun 76 i liked our debates
Old 08-13-2013   #644
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I loved the way nolan played, i dont know what others on here saw our what the coaches saw, but when i saw him in games he was good. Who cares what a plyers looks like in practice if thats the case. If they can turn around and play good on sundays then so be it.
That's why you keep picking losers that eventually lost their job, haha.
(Consider this one of my jabs that I promised I might take.)
Old 08-13-2013   #645
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just picking fun 76 i liked our debates
I think I know what your intention was.
I've said before, I actually kinda like your style, whether we agree on things or not.
Old 08-13-2013   #646
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
That's why you keep picking losers that eventually lost their job, haha.
(Consider this one of my jabs that I promised I might take.)
haha very true, i did like foster but then again who didnt,an jean is kinda letting me down
Old 08-13-2013   #647
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
I think I know what your intention was.
I've said before, I actually kinda like your style, whether we agree on things or not.
yehi like ur style kinda to haha, you watch to much damn game film for me to fully fight with . I barely have enough time in the day to take a piss haha
Old 08-13-2013   #648
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
yehi like ur style kinda to haha, you watch to much damn game film for me to fully fight with . I barely have enough time in the day to take a piss haha
LOL!
Old 08-13-2013   #649
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 75430 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

enough with the love fest jeez
Old 08-13-2013   #650
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
enough with the love fest jeez
Need a group hug? LOL.
Old 08-13-2013   #651
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Need a group hug? LOL.
Get a room

Old 08-13-2013   #652
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Need a group hug? LOL.
Only if its with the Texans Cheerleaders ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #653
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

It's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #654
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a bug must be going through the locker room.

Quote:
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 4m
Kubiak: Ben Jones sick. Practiced sick. Then got carted off. /looked like needed to throw up.
Quote:
Marc Vandermeer ‏@TexansVoice 7m
Kubiak: Trevardo is day to day. Ben Jones is I'll but made it thru most of practice. Wasn't pleased with offense overall.
Quote:
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 8m
@HoustonTexans camp: not happy w/ offense today, happy w/ defense. Bunch of vets sat today.
This talk about taking Posey off PUP is interesting. Didn't think it'd be this soon

Quote:
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 3m
Kubiak is talking about bringing WR Posey off of PUP after next game.
Old 08-14-2013   #655
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This talk about taking Posey off PUP is interesting. Didn't think it'd be this soon
I did not expect that. I was expecting him to sit and rehab until mid-season.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #656
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I just assumed posey would be there game 1...that's why I've been putting him on my rosters. Every time I've heard him talk he has confidently said game 1.....so I believed him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #657
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I did not expect that. I was expecting him to sit and rehab until mid-season.
Me too, considering the injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I just assumed posey would be there game 1...that's why I've been putting him on my rosters. Every time I've heard him talk he has confidently said game 1.....so I believed him.
Hope so. I'd feel a little better about our WRs after AJ and D-dre. Posey was coming on strong towards the end of the season.
Old 08-14-2013   #658
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Posey did a lot of research on guys who returned from Achilles injuries in the past. Went back and watched Ravens film of Suggs. #Texans

Posey told Kubiak after his Achilles tear he'd be ready week 1. He was in a wheelchair & Kubiak looked at him like he was crazy. #Texa

Schaub missed yesterday and Monday's practices to attend his grandfather's funeral. #Texans

Matt Schaub lost his maternal grandfather. He was 90 and very close to Schaub. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
of the 9 #Texans draft picks, Swearinger, Hopkins, Quessenberry and Griffin are the only ones that haven't missed time. #Texans #Texanstalk

"This is a big week for him. He's going to play a lot of football." Kubiak on Sam Montgomery. Look for Sonic Sam to play a lot of ST.

Owen Daniels said his brother who is walking on at U of H has "far more ability" then he ever had. #texans

Posey talked a lot about how he changed his diet while rehabbing. How certain foods affect the soft tissues of the body. #texans

Posey said his doctor is ok with him coming back for San Diego. #texans

Asked about being ready for San Diego,"oh yeah". #texans

Posey said this has been a life changing experience. Added that he hasn't taken a day off since surgery. #texans

Kubiak said Posey told him after his surgery that "Don't count him out" #texans

Kubiak said Posey is close to being lifted off the pup list as soon as after Saturdays game. #texans
Greg Bailey ‏@GregBailey13
Quote:
Antonio Smith tutorial for Sam Montgomery... Teaching hand position, leverage. Last ones on the field. #Texans

Watching rookie Sam Montgomery doing extra work with Antonio Smith. The kid from LSU is way behind. Smith trying to help. Great leadership.

Tackle Duane Brown praises rookie David Quessenberry again. The 6th rd pick got some work with starters today at guard. Looks good. #Texans

QB Matt Schaub glad to be back. Where he belongs. Schaub not worried about injuries on line. Long way to go to regular season. #Texans

Gary Kubiak not thrilled with today's workout. Really pushed the pace. Team lagged a little. Nothing major. #Texans
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Andre Johnson reiterated he's happy to have HGH testing if it makes league clean. "Guys that are clean have nothing to worry about."

A golf cart almost hit Matt Schaub during practice. "It's a good thing I've got such nimble feet. That's the youthfulness coach talks about"
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
Ultimately, both Kubiak & Devier Posey think the WR could play in a #Texans preseason game.

Also fwiw, #Texans WR Devier Posey said he's close to being able to dunk a basketball.

WR Devier Posey said he feels "close" to coming back from achilles injury and just needs to get his conditioning up.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Four of nine #Texans draft picks weren't healthy enough to practice today: Brennan Williams, Trevardo Williams, Alan Bonner, Chris Jones.

It's important to note that if Posey does get taken off Active/PUP and practices, he's no longer eligible for regular season PUP
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
There are few on the team that Schaub has more chemistry with than Garrett Graham. Has to be a big part of the future of Houston's franchise

Keo looked good today on all underneath routes. Getting several PBUs & talking some trash.

Little shoving between McCain & Boren, then Keo comes over work some quick words. Nothing escalated.

It's nothing new to watch Kareem play like a talented veteran now, but the patience & comfort in which he plays is amazing.l

Favorite play of the day. Schaub EZ fade to DeAndre, he high points over Kareem, as he's coming down, Jackson patiently knocks it out.

How much is batting passes part of the culture for the Texans? Tim, Watt, & Earl all jumped at the same time, zero passing lane. Tim gets BB

Tim Jamison played well in Texans preseason game. He's got rewarded for it with first reps with Antonio Smith talking the day off.

Antonio Smith spent 30 minutes after practice working with and/or coaching Sam Montgomery. Lot of veteran techniques & Sam was a sponge.
Kubiak on backups playing order for Dolphins, “Like I said, my thought process right now is for Case to go second, so that I can get this thing evened out in the long haul. That’s part of the deal, but whatever happens, they’re going to end up playing right now.”

WRs vs DBs today: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...2-f56beff4676c

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-14-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #659
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine if Schaub gets taken out by a golf cart at practice?!

That'd be a dumpster fire.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #660
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Hey Schaub, just pretend those big guys rushing at you are golf carts, so the rest of us can see those nimble feet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read