Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who should start if Matt decided not to play another down?
Tj Yates 9 9.38%
Case Keenum 48 50.00%
Schaub can't do that 10 10.42%
May the best man win 29 30.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013   #41
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Can't remember when this board was so worked up about backup QB position.. who cares, hopefully we'll never see either of them cause as much as I like hate to admit it, we are better off with Schaub than either of these two guys.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #42
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Option 5

Neither one of them looks like a week-in, week-out starting NFL QB, so I am not excited about either.
Old 08-12-2013   #43
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Option 5

Neither one of them looks like a week-in, week-out starting NFL QB, so I am not excited about either.
I agree

I'm not sure Schaub's the one to take this team to the Bowl, but I'm fairly certain these two aren't.
Old 08-12-2013   #44
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Can't remember when this board was so worked up about backup QB position.. who cares, hopefully we'll never see either of them cause as much as I like hate to admit it, we are better off with Schaub than either of these two guys.
Back in the pre-Rosencopter days. A lot of people thought Sage should've started over Carr. The he Rosencoptered and all that talk kind of died down.
Old 08-12-2013   #45
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

May the best man win. Personally, I think it is Yates, but if Keenum wins out, then more power to him. That said, I am sick of the UH Keenum fanboys overlooking every flaw. If he is as good as some of you seem to think he is, then the Texans are a lock to win the Super Bowl this year.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I'm a little surprise that you're so totally against Keenum.
He's the anti-Schaub that you seem to like; I guess you want a superstar right off the bat.

Let me just remind you that Brady was only 1-3 for six yards in his rookie year.

He had an up-and-down sophomore season, winning the SB with 145 yards passing. The Rams were a 14-pt favorite; only 3 turnovers did them in.

He then accumulated a career low 85.7 QB rating in his third year.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
May the best man win. Personally, I think it is Yates, but if Keenum wins out, then more power to him. That said, I am sick of the UH Keenum fanboys overlooking every flaw. If he is as good as some of you seem to think he is, then the Texans are a lock to win the Super Bowl this year.
Come on Rmartin, you're taking it to the extreme, my friend.
Your two colleagues (Badboy and beerlover) are in agreement that Keenum has improved a great deal and deserves a good shot.
Old 08-12-2013   #48
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Come on Rmartin, you're taking it to the extreme, my friend.
Your two colleagues (Badboy and beerlover) are in agreement that Keenum has improved a great deal and deserves a good shot.
I am not saying he has not improved, nor am I saying that he does not deserve a good shot. He has improved, and he does deserve a good shot. However, this anointing of him as the franchise's QB of the future is premature. There are 3 more games left, may the best out of Keenum/Yates win.
Old 08-12-2013   #49
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At least they aren't making up flaws as they type.

I haven't seen anybody here claim Case is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady. What I see is people wanting a better backup than TJ Yates and hoping Case can be that guy. And then eventually take over for Schaub down the road.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I feel the exact same way.
Old 08-12-2013   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I am not saying he has not improved, nor am I saying that he does not deserve a good shot. He has improved, and he does deserve a good shot. However, this anointing of him as the franchise's QB of the future is premature. There are 3 more games left, may the best out of Keenum/Yates win.
Just enjoy the Backup QB battle then
Old 08-12-2013   #52
76Texan
Hall of Fame

And look at the update on the poll at the Chronicle website.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/

58% percent of the voters think Keenum deserves the second spot while only 7% think that Yates gets the nod.

That's a huge margin.
Old 08-12-2013   #53
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Just enjoy the Backup QB battle then
I most certainly plan to. I have not been able to catch the game yet, but I see it is coming up on NFLN in the next couple days. I will catch it eventually.
Old 08-12-2013   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

58% percent of the voters think Keenum deserves the second spot while only 7% think that Yates gets the nod.

That's a huge margin.
I wonder how that number would look if the poll was in the North Carolina Gazette.
Old 08-12-2013   #55
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

If you got hate in your heart then do it in another thread.

1. No one is claiming we have a backup QB competition that is gonna set the world on fire

2. What's wrong with caring about the backup QB position battle? Most important position in football. Ask the 2011 Texans after the season if they wished they went a different direction than Matt Lion-heart and were ready for the playoffs

3. What's wrong with rooting for Case to do good and potentially win a backup QB job? Yeah I went to UH when Case was burning up record books, yeah I like the guy, and yes I'm a fan. What's the issue?

I failed to notice in the thread title where it mentioned insulting people for rooting for their favorite guy to win a backup QB competition battle. Case may or may not ever have starting QB potential, but I'm gonna root for him and let the FO and coaching staff decide the place he should play on this team.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #56
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
THANK YOU! Its almost another VY situation with some people. They loved him in college and in their eyes he can do no wrong.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #57
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's a huge margin.
I see 81% to 16%. Either way, pretty lopsided. And yeah, many of Cases votes probably come out of biased fans, but I don't think that accounts for that big of a margin.

Even if this poll was done in North Carolina I doubt TJ would get many more votes. He was 4-4 in the ACC his last year there and barely defeated a 6-7 Tennessee team in a bowl game in double OT. I doubt his "fans" are following him very far.

Who should back up Matt Schaub?
Case Keenum (81%, 428 Votes)
T.J. Yates (16%, 86 Votes)
Other (3%, 16 Votes)
Total Voters: 530
Polls Archive
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wonder how that number would look if the poll was in the North Carolina Gazette.
I don't see a NC Gazette on the list of newspaper in NC, so I don't know, haha.

http://www.usnpl.com/ncnews.php

At any rate, if there's a poll in the state of NC, I don't know how it turns out.

What I know is that Yates was not hugely popular at his own school, as his career TD/INT ratio of 58/46 didn't wow the fans at UNC.
I perused their MBs for awhile after we drafted Yates.
Old 08-12-2013   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
THANK YOU! Its almost another VY situation with some people. They loved him in college and in their eyes he can do no wrong.
I'd be interested in what you saw that Keenum did wrong in the last game.
Old 08-12-2013   #60
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
If you got hate in your heart then do it in another thread.

1. No one is claiming we have a backup QB competition that is gonna set the world on fire

2. What's wrong with caring about the backup QB position battle? Most important position in football. Ask the 2011 Texans after the season if they wished they went a different direction than Matt Lion-heart and were ready for the playoffs

3. What's wrong with rooting for Case to do good and potentially win a backup QB job? Yeah I went to UH when Case was burning up record books, yeah I like the guy, and yes I'm a fan. What's the issue?

I failed to notice in the thread title where it mentioned insulting people for rooting for their favorite guy to win a backup QB competition battle. Case may or may not ever have starting QB potential, but I'm gonna root for him and let the FO and coaching staff decide the place he should play on this team.
It's got nothing to do with hate, and I am not seeing any personal attacks. People simply want the best players on the team, as we are fans of the team. To some of us, it seems that others (though certainly not all) are letting their school allegiance cloud their judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
To be fair, everyone gets man-crushes at some point. And it is not like Keenum is some scrub- the kid can play. So while I agree with you to an extent, I try not to let it bother me. It just makes it hard to talk objectively about the situation, though it is certainly possible.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read