Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2013   #61
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans whistling past the graveyard at Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I have read that the YouTube guy can't kick fast enough to not get it blocked a significant amount of times in the Lions camp.
11/11 with a 58 yarder in "game like" situations is better than some kickers have done, I'm sure.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-lions-camp/
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #62
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
11/11 with a 58 yarder in "game like" situations is better than some kickers have done, I'm sure.
Missed 2 yesterday: http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8...nd-david-akers

He does kick a low ball.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #63
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

As taken from the Training Camp 2013 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
From TC's tweet:

@HoustonTexans camp: Biggest cheer today, Randy Bullock with 60 yard field goal on field 2.
8:34 AM - 2 Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Impressive. SOTT was saying Bullock's leg is obviously more powerful than Graham's was last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bullock's only two misses this TC were off the uprights, from 49 yards out.

Kick-offs have been deep; everything sounds pretty positive; or at the very least, it doesn't sound negative at all.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...0-a6b70ec7343b
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #65
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing I saw last night gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Hit a 48 and 21 yd FG......and missed miserably at 54.

His KOs could be at best described as inconsistent.

Nothing I've seen from Bullock at this point makes me believe that he can kick the ball out of the EZ whenever called upon to do so.........or that Kubiak has any reason now to not only turn away and close his eyes, but also to cringe every time Bullock attempts to make a FG from 50 yds out. Remember, in his entire career, he's hit only 3 of 5 FGs >49 (50 [2009], 50 [2010], 52 [2011])
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #66
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get to see the 54 yard attempt thanks to the abomination of a telecast last night, but on the kickoffs that he didn't rip through the end zone I'd venture to guess it was by design to give the special teams the work. Not that you'd need to work ST if you kick every ball through the end zone, but the only way some of these players make this team will be from what they can add to ST, so you've got to get a look at them.

So, I'm not too worried about Bullock at the moment.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #67
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Kickoffs were fielded -6, out of the end zone on the fly, fielded at the 1, fielded -7, not fielded out of the end zone, low line drive knuckleball fielded on the fly at the 5.

Kickoffs were generally lower than you'd like, not giving special teams enough time to get down and cover. By contrast Blair Walsh has one of the bigger kickoff legs in the league and he put one through the uprights but had another fielded at the -3.

The 54 yard miss landed on the back chalk margin of the end zone and would have missed left or at best bounced left off the left upright.

Color me concerned..... and watching Kickalicious.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kickoffs were fielded -6, out of the end zone on the fly, fielded at the 1, fielded -7, not fielded out of the end zone, low line drive knuckleball fielded on the fly at the 5.

Kickoffs were generally lower than you'd like, not giving special teams enough time to get down and cover. By contrast Blair Walsh has one of the bigger kickoff legs in the league and he put one through the uprights but had another fielded at the -3.

The 54 yard miss landed on the back chalk margin of the end zone and would have missed left or at best bounced left off the left upright.

Me too,

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Kris Brown situation. You know, the one where the K stinks and gets to keep his job due to favoritism.

We should be concerned by any rookie kicker. Particularly one that Coach Joe endorses, much less an inconsistent rookie K. Why competition wasn't brought in at the K position baffles me.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #69
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In another thread, I posted what I saw when I slowed the action and zoomed in. It appeared as though the ball actually hit the inside of the "K" in the EZ "Vikings" marking, making it ~ 1/2 the distance within the EZ (~5 yds into the 10 yd-deep EZ, then bouncing to the chalk line).........and outside the left goal post. He essentially missed the FG by at least 5 yds in distance and outside of the goal posts.

With his college stats and what I've seen thus far with him in college and with the Texans, I have strong concerns about his leg and especially distance.
Old 08-12-2013   #70
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

so we dont have a backup Kicker?
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #71
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Walsh was actually who I wanted in that draft, but I figured we'd go with the A&M guy. That said, I'm not sour on bullock just yet. I think he'll be fine, but I guess we'll see...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #72
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnbni99a View Post
so we dont have a backup Kicker?
Yes.

But otoh, Bullock doesn't have to share reps and gets all the work. And he needs it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #73
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

So much for the question of leg strength. Three kickoffs for touch backs, and a 48 and 55yd field goal.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #74
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Bullock looked good, glad to see it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #75
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, you might want to pluck some feathers off that crow. Could be a little easier of that gag reflex.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #76
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hey, you might want to pluck some feathers off that crow. Could be a little easier of that gag reflex.
Very promising. Just want to see it during the regular season.
Old 08-25-2013   #77
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, he's no Greg "Legatron" Zuerlein, but then who is? As CND said, very promising. Let's see it when it counts.

One question because my memory sucks. Does his attempts always shade to the right or was that just the way it happened today? After both of those kicks I suddenly realized I was sitting down horizontally on my left side....lol.
Old 08-26-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Personally, I didn't like the kickoffs. Very low, no hangtime.

If he's going for the back of the endzone.... fine. But I wouldn't have him going for the back of the endzone.
Old 08-26-2013   #79
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we all to the consensus that, for the most part, most of our preseason worries are calmed w/ regards to the kicker?

I liked what I saw. Hopefully him and Lechler look like this all season and we have found some new STs guys for years to come.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #80
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Personally, I didn't like the kickoffs. Very low, no hangtime.

If he's going for the back of the endzone.... fine. But I wouldn't have him going for the back of the endzone.

Where would you have the kicker going for if it wasnt the back of the endzone?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read