Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013   #581
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Funny, how some details tend to be left out by some people.

Quote:
brettmo13 ‏@brettmo13 9m

“@TexansVoice: Kubiak: Montgomery is back 'full go'” A Full Go for Half Speed
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #582
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Slow practice or no updates?
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #583
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Sounds like it was just a walk through. Nothing really to report from what I've seen.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #584
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Aren't they done with open practices? If so there is no tweeting allowed
Old 08-11-2013   #585
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Update from Drew Dougherty on things including QB Miami game order.

Quote:
The Texans practiced outside at the Houston Methodist Training Center on Sunday afternoon. The team was in shorts and hats, and held a walk-through a day-and-a-half after beating the Vikings in the preseason opener. Linebacker Brian Cushing, however, missed because of an illness.

“He came in sick on us this morning,” head coach Gary Kubiak said. “We’ve had a few guys sick and today’s his turn I guess.”

Kubiak also said left guard Wade Smith, who’s missed some practice and didn’t play Friday at Minnesota, should return soon from a slight knee injury he suffered last week.

“Wade’s fine,” Kubiak said. “We actually slowed down his process a little bit, get the inflammation out of his knee. We’ll see where we’re at probably mid-week and make a decision on Miami for him.”

Quote:
The head coach said he won’t decide until “the end of the week”, and that he wants each signal-caller getting repetitions with same groups.

For Keenum, he reiterated that his approach will be “the same as it’s always been,” and that he plans on making the most of whatever opportunity comes his way.

“I know I’m going to get a chance,” Keenum said. “That’s all I can ask for no matter what time of the game it is, what rep it is. You can’t really tell what plays it’s going to be either. Just got to go out and do my absolute best no matter what time it is and that’s the opportunity I get.”

The Texans resume two-a-days on Monday morning with an 8 a.m. CT practice followed by afternoon work at 2:15 p.m. They face the Dolphins at Reliant Stadium this Saturday night.
Old 08-11-2013   #586
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

From HT.com

Quote:
Quote:
QB Case Keenum

(on what will be the emphasis for him this week) “Lot of emphasis, pocket presence, just decision-making, operating the offense. Kind of doing a better job of operating as a quarterback, just kind of knowing what’s going on with game-time situations. There’s a lot of stuff to look at the film and work on. Just keep getting better every day like I always do.”

(on his reaction to the hype surrounding his position recently) “It is what it is. It’s the same it’s always been. I’m going to keep the same mindset I’ve always kept. Nothing’s changed. I’ve got to do better. That’s the deal. If you go out and play well, you’ve got to come back and do it again. If you go out and play bad, you’ve got to forget about it and move on. Same mindset I’ve always had.”

(on Coach Kubiak saying the he’s got his swagger back like he had in college) “I think it feels good to just get back out and play quarterback and play, and not just try to go out there and survive. Being able to operate and move the ball and know what’s going on is a big key.”

(on smiling so much when he plays football) “I can always count on you to tell the quotes or whatever is said about me. I love playing football. This is something that I’ve always loved doing and getting out there and playing quarterback especially is a lot of fun. It’s what I’m supposed to be doing right now.”

(on if he knew he was smiling that much during the game on Friday) “Yeah, I knew I was having a good time. That’s always a good thing.”

(on if anyone has said to him that smiling so much could be a sign of weakness) “No, I think you’ve got to have fun. It’s not making light of what I do by any means, but if you’re not having fun, if you’re not getting amped up, then I think you should probably be doing something else.”
Old 08-11-2013   #587
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Light on tweets from half practice, bottom to top...

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
"It’s too hot. I thank God I can’t get any blacker than this, but it’s just ridiculous hot out here, especially today.” (2/2)

Cierre Wood on the heat in Houston “Houston is a real great city. This heat, that about takes the cake for me... (1/2)

DeAndre Hopkins: "I’ve got a lot of improving to do."

"It was everything I thought it would be plus more." -- DeAndre Hopkins on his first NFL preseason game. #TexansTalk

Arian Foster, Ed Reed and DeVier Posey, three on PUP, were all still working on the side/not practicing on Sunday afternoon. #TexansTalk

“I know I’m going to get a chance. That’s all I can ask for no matter what time of the game it is."-- Case Keenum today.

OLB Sam Montgomery was "full-go" for practice today, according to Kubiak.
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
Kubiak also said LG Wade Smith is "fine", and #Texans will decide later in week if he plays vs. Miami.

"Just sick. We’ve had a few guys sick and today’s his turn I guess.”-- Kubiak when asked about Brian Cushing's illness.

"I don't care if I have to snap. I'll do what I have to make this team."-- Cierre Wood today.
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
Asked Joseph for his surprise of the game. Was an (Eddie) Pleasant surprise. Said "he's everywhere, tackling, making plays on the ball"

Vance Joseph calls Texans' secondary play "sloppy". Contributes it mostly to missed tackles & 1st "live" game. Players 1st chance to tackle
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Brian Cushing wasn't out at practice today because he's sick.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #588
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

It's good to hear that Montgomery was back to full go practice for today today's challenging walk-through.
Old 08-11-2013   #589
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
Quote:
Asked Joseph for his surprise of the game. Was an (Eddie) Pleasant surprise. Said "he's everywhere, tackling, making plays on the ball"
I've got to admit... I was upset for that TD he, Swearinger, & Carmichael allowed & that might have clouded my judgement a little. I had him in my "did not impress" column. But after watching the game again (without all the fuzz) he had a pretty respectable game.
Old 08-11-2013   #590
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

Texans signed ILB Elliot Coffey, who played at Baylor and is Sugar Land native.
6:55 PM - 11 Aug 2013
An ex-Bronco undrafted FA from last year.

Not terribly surprising since I hear that Frierson will be or has been placed on IR.
Old 08-11-2013   #591
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Texans newest player, ILB Elliot Coffey, is son of former Washington Redskins safety Ken Coffey, who played with Redskins 1983-86.

Texans sign ILB Elliot Coffey from Baylor & Sugar Land Clements. He replaces ILB Evan Frierson who is going on IR.
Still chasing down if Elliot is any relation to John Coffey...

Old 08-11-2013   #592
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Coffey can play OLB as well as ILB, ala his Baylor days.
Old 08-11-2013   #593
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It's good to hear that Montgomery was back to full go practice for today today's challenging walk-through.
I got a good chuckle out of that.

Nicely done, Doc!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #594
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Just listened to the post game podcast and it was pretty clear to me Tate's injury was he got hit in the stones, so that shouldn't be an issue outside of the PTSD that we all know follows after taking one in the jewel box.
Old 08-11-2013   #595
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just listened to the post game podcast and it was pretty clear to me Tate's injury was he got hit in the stones, so that shouldn't be an issue outside of the PTSD that we all know follows after taking one in the jewel box.
No excuse P'offs....... He should have balls of steel. He's clearly an injury prone bust. Peterson would've took it like a champ!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #596
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Extended take, Cierre Wood Saturday gets the spotlight -- nice takes, some funny:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...f-b283a2569c59

...and it's pronounced sea-air. Be sure you got that. No "a" at the end.
Old 08-11-2013   #597
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #598
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess he found said stone after many hours spent with the trainer? He sure hasn't shown them in previous years.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #599
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Still chasing down if Elliot is any relation to John Coffey...

Quote:
Coffey has his Grandfather John's healing ability . They brought him in to work with Sharpton .

Footage of Kubiak coaching up Tate .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCnrpfUaAk
Old 08-12-2013   #600
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Extended take, Cierre Wood Saturday gets the spotlight -- nice takes, some funny:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...f-b283a2569c59

...and it's pronounced sea-air. Be sure you got that. No "a" at the end.
I just read through the transcript. He seems to have a nice sense of humor. Funny stuff

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read