Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2013   #61
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

Still not on board with KJ. Obviously better each year. Still doesn't look for ball enough. Still seems to chase a lot. We will see. I hope I am wrong.

Don't remember specifically how he did against GB and the Pats.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Still not on board with KJ. Obviously better each year. Still doesn't look for ball enough. Still seems to chase a lot. We will see. I hope I am wrong.

If you don't remember, it's a good sign for a DB.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #63
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
If you don't remember, it's a good sign for a DB.
Perfect Answer! Rep!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #64
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...2-6275226e242b
Old 08-13-2013   #65
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rodgers was in a zone in that game.
He put the ball in places that make it hard for the defenders, and his receivers made some great catches as well.

Over the course of a season, CBs will have balls caught on him.
The question is how often and how good or bad the coverages were in the whole body work.

Many in here thought that Jackson actually had a better than JJo who was dealing with an injury for several games.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #66
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Rodgers was in a zone in that game.
He put the ball in places that make it hard for the defenders, and his receivers made some great catches as well.

Over the course of a season, CBs will have balls caught on him.
The question is how often and how good or bad the coverages were in the whole body work.

Many in here thought that Jackson actually had a better than JJo who was dealing with an injury for several games.
Could not agree more with this statement. I do think healthy JJo is better than KJ because he has better ball skills. I do think KJ is better now than I thought he would ever be based on his start. I guess I still don't trust KJ against the better QB's that we are going to need to beat in the playoffs because he still just plays the receiver and not the ball in many situations. A better pass rush is going to be critical when we get in these tougher games because a great QB/receiver combo will win if given time. I guess overall I do agree with original premise of post.
Old 08-14-2013   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I guess I still don't trust KJ against the better QB's that we are going to need to beat in the playoffs because he still just plays the receiver and not the ball in many situations. .
To be fair, there are very few CBs I trust against these QBs we're talking about.
Old 08-14-2013   #68
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
To be fair, there are very few CBs I trust against these QBs we're talking about.
Yes, this is why I hate these QBs we're talking about.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #69
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess I still don't trust KJ against the better QB's that we are going to need to beat in the playoffs because he still just plays the receiver and not the ball in many situations.
CB's whom I trust against Aaron Rodgers/Brady/Manning:

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Richard Sher- welp nope, lost to Kaepernick so he's out
3. Ladarius We- nope, team won SB when he wasn't there so he's out
4. Jonathan Jo- nope, lost to brady so he's out
5. Peanut Tillm- nope, loses to Aaron Rodg on the reg

Huh, it's weird, it's almost like since the rules favor the offense so much there really isn't a corner not named Revis whom one could trust against better QB's.
Old 08-14-2013   #70
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lol wow. I think you're just being stubborn now.

With that said I'm happy I'm not one of the ones eating crow in this. I always give young players a few years.
Old 08-14-2013   #71
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember being elated when we signed Jonathan Joseph because I thought that Kareem had no real mentor to each him how to succeed in the NFL. Instances of "Hey, when you see xxx, you should try doing yyy; That screwed me up when I first started in the league" never occurred because nobody could mentor/teach Kareem.

Kareem Jackson was one of the biggest benefactors of Jonathan Joseph's signing.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #72
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Asomugha was considered a shut down guy for years until Victor Cruz salsa-danced all over him in 1 game. After that, qb's started having their way with him.

I remember Moss catching that 1 handed TD bomb from Brady over Revis. Teams started going at Revis a little harder after that.

a perfect throw / a great WR can make the great coverage null and void.

I say all that to say that Kareem is just getting to the point where he's coming out of the red from that disasterous rookie season. Dude has evolved as a solid starting cb. Noone should criticize him for that GB b/c Rodgers was dropping dimes tha night...i remember one of the announcers saying "kareem jackson was in James Jones' shirt and it didn't even matter." That happened more than 1 time that night.

Plus who can forget how KJ pretty much took Calvin Johnson out of the game in the 2nd of that Detroit game last year when he asked VJ to "let me chase him"?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #73
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Not a KJ hater but....
Old 08-25-2013   #74
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not a KJ hater but....
This is the KJ thread, not the JJoe one.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Our secondary looked bad today. Jjo, Kjax, McCain, Keo, Swearinger, Manning. ..

There's enough to go around..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-25-2013   #76
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This here. I thought smith blew it picking Jackson but the man really turned it around. Now he is a solid cover corner but I really wish he make a play on the ball more often.
Old 08-25-2013   #77
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our secondary looked bad today. Jjo, Kjax, McCain, Keo, Swearinger, Manning. ..

There's enough to go around..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
It's simple folks; elite QBs vs. Wade's D = bad for us.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
It's simple folks; elite QBs vs. Wade's D = bad for us.
Since when did Luke McCown become elite?

Brees took a seat after their first TD.
Old 08-26-2013   #79
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102181 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since when did Luke McCown become elite?

Brees took a seat after their first TD.
To be fair........................those were some dang good back ups
Old 08-26-2013   #80
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ has certainly come a long way. He gets good coverage on his guy. I was a little surprised when I saw him yesterday. The passes that came his way had to be perfect to get completions. Elite QBs will do that.

Our shutting down of elite QBs comes down to how good our nickel and dime coverage is. If Keo is out on the field, God help us all.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read