Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013   #541
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/9/2013, Game 1 vs Vikings: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
I could care less what Steph thinks. She'll downplay Case and find some flaw. She always has.
l would give her a chance to review the game before assuming what her take on Keenum is. He had a good game and I think she will acknowledge that.
Old 08-10-2013   #542
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/9/2013, Game 1 vs Vikings: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
On the particular play that ended with the TD to Nuk, I thought Qberry showed very well. Go watch that particular play if you don't recall.
That play was good. The play before, the one where Nuk dropped the ball, QBerry ended up on his ass because of a spin move. Luckily, Yates got the ball out before that was a problem.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #543
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 207976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm thinking we should be proactive, put Tate on IR & fill the 2 and 3 RB slots.

Given Tate's history, I'm not so sure I'd disagree with that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #544
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Due to the technical difficulties, ABC-13/KTRK will be rebroadcasting last night's game in its entirety to the Houston market at 7 p.m. CT.

Per Texans Facebook page
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #545
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
I could care less what Steph thinks. She'll downplay Case and find some flaw. She always has. And when Case has an off day, she'll have a field day. Regardless what anyone thinks of Keenum, he did his homework and it shows but he still needs lots of NFL experience. His IQ and vision are better than Schaub and Yates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
C'mon man! He hasn't even played a down of regular season NFL and your throwing that out there? He may have potential but until his feet are held to the fire, no one will ever really know.
Yeah, I'm as big a fan of Case as anybody but he was going up against 3rd and 4th team competition last night. That's why I want to see him play with the 2's next week. If that works out well, then we've got a backup QB controversy.

Again, this coming from a huge Case fan and also someone who is not very impressed at all with T.J.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #546
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
I'm watching on NFL.com's preseason ticket. 20 bucks for every preseason game.

Worth it to me because I haven't missed a second of it.

I kind of knew that Randy Bullock would miss =/ Wasn't his nickname at Texas A&M like "chubster" or something?
Where do you live Nate? I live in the Golden Triangle and it's blacked out here. This is the first season PS has been broacast here and wouldn't you know it, just all pink and green.

I'm pissed off and the wife is threatening to put me in 'Time Out'.

FML!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #547
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Currently watching the game...some things I'm seeing:

Dennis Johnson looks like Slaton to me. Fast, can break some tackles. Poor, poor vision. Poor feel for carrying the ball, but if they get some open space can go a long way.

I think swearinger's mistake on the long TD by my guy Zach line is correctible. Keep your head up, get your head across. It was a good break on the ball carrier, but he just missed the tackle on the guy. He was trying to hit the guy with some force, but he was attempting to wrap up.

Bullocks leg strength seems fine on kick offs. I need to see the field goal he missed.

Yates looks ok to me. Didn't like the batted balls, but he has a good handle on what we're doing.

Hopkins is going to make some plays this year.

LoL...trevardo getting bullied. I laugh, but it's sad.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #548
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Trevardo got pulled after getting bullied about 15 yards down field.

Bouye flashes some skill. Back up DLine is going to be tough to decipher. All those guys flashed to me.

Geez, Dennis Johnson is not going to get it done. Someone else should move up the depth chart. He should be the last RB because he was the worst.

Newton looked good. I like Brandon brooks. Brooks reed looks quicker to me.

I k ow pleasant made the special teams mistake, but I'd prefer him over keo. He's a better athlete and to me he looks better playing safety.

Roc Carmichael had a bad game.
Old 08-10-2013   #549
Rey
Hall of Fame

Willie dropped back into coverage quite a bit.

Braman and trevardo rushing from the edges in a passing situation...they exploded off the line. I liked that. A lot. It ended up being a screen, but just the burst they had off the line was nice to see.

Keyshawn Martin still looks scared to catch the ball in traffic.

Broadcast is still garbage.
Old 08-10-2013   #550
Rey
Hall of Fame

Garrett grahm is nice. I think he could be in for a breakout season. Lestar Jean drops a catch in his grill. He's a body catcher. Catches the next one.

Bullock can make the 54 yarder I think. A bit less trajectory. It was dead on the money, but was just a bit short.

1st half over. Good showing for the team overall. Of course there are issues and mistakes to get worked out. Besides the kicking, special teams looks as bad as it did last year. Maybe a bit worse. Yates looked pretty good overall. I'm going to have to see what this keenum fuss is about now, because I thought Yates was a plus.
Old 08-10-2013   #551
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This broadcast the audio keeps on glitching. \

One thing I can say for sure is that Yates isn't throwing balls hitting the receivers in stride. Most are close to the ground or just a hair behind. Yards after the catch are minimal. And I wouldn't point to the TD to Deandre. That ball was actually under thrown, and if it weren't DeAndre (despite the fact that he could have easily been called for OPI, and probably would have been in a regular season game), it may have been intercepted.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #552
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't tell where that kick (missed FG) dropped.

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-10-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: misread it
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #553
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And I wouldn't point to the TD to Deandre. That ball was actually under thrown, and if it weren't DeAndre (despite the fact that he could have easily been called for OPI, and probably would have been in a regular season game), it may have been intercepted.
Think I am going to have to disagree and say trying to make that into leading him in stride would have made an INT more likely than throwing it as a jump ball.
Old 08-10-2013   #554
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Garrett grahm is nice. I think he could be in for a breakout season. Lestar Jean drops a catch in his grill. He's a body catcher. Catches the next one.

Bullock can make the 54 yarder I think. A bit less trajectory. It was dead on the money, but was just a bit short.

1st half over. Good showing for the team overall. Of course there are issues and mistakes to get worked out. Besides the kicking, special teams looks as bad as it did last year. Maybe a bit worse. Yates looked pretty good overall. I'm going to have to see what this keenum fuss is about now, because I thought Yates was a plus.
Bullock's kick hit right at the forward crack of the "K" and outside the left goal post..........5 yds into the EZ. That's off and short even for a 50 yd FG.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 08-11-2013 at 11:47 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #555
Rey
Hall of Fame

Didn't like that hitch in his step on keenums first bootleg. It wasn't very smooth and cost him a second or two. Didn't look natural to him.

He was chased out of the pocket and mad a nice throw on the run. That's a type of play I think he can only make.

Trevardo cannot play against the run. He's like a little bug out there against the run. He's strictly a speed pass rush guy right now. That's it.

Bouye had a better game than Carmichael to this point.
Old 08-10-2013   #556
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And I wouldn't point to the TD to Deandre. That ball was actually under thrown, and if it weren't DeAndre (despite the fact that he could have easily been called for OPI, and probably would have been in a regular season game), it may have been intercepted.
Matt Cassell tried to make a similar throw to Corderelle Patterson on the other side line. It was too far ahead & to far inside for Patterson to make a play on the ball without going through Bouye. It was a poorly thrown ball.

Tj, like Cassell, was throwing the ball to a spot. he can't really over throw it, or underthrow it. It's Hopkins' responsibility to go get it. Hopkins was able to make a play on the ball, hence the ball was placed exactly where it needed to be.

By no means will a throw like that ever be considered a remarkable throw (unless Flacco throws it in the play offs) that play is more about the WR, that's the way it's drawn up, that's the way it's taught.
Old 08-10-2013   #557
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank goodness for NFLN. If it weren't for them and their 1st replay of the Texans game tonight at 11:00 I'd be throwing a major fit right now....lol.

Damned Houstonians. You would think the team played there or something.
Old 08-10-2013   #558
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Think I am going to have to disagree and say trying to make that into leading him in stride would have made an INT more likely than throwing it as a jump ball.
That's the best way to put it..... it was a jump ball, from the minute they called that play in the huddle. TJ wasn't trying to hit Hop in stride.
Old 08-10-2013   #559
Rey
Hall of Fame

Cierre Wood runs like Arian to me.
Old 08-10-2013   #560
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Gardner & White opened up that highway for Wood to run through?

Minny D-line looking pretty bad here. Real bad.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read