Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-02-2013   #221
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
I still got what was earned...
So you earned those rings, did ya?

Sorry, but sitting in a Barcalounger poking holes in beer cans for 30 years only "earns" you a beer gut.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #222
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
So you earned those rings, did ya?
Honest question. As a Texan fan, when the Texans win do you cheerfully say "they won today?" or "They are going to the playoffs?" I 100 percent guilty of using "we" win or lose with comments such as dam* we lost again, whew we pulled that one out or we kicked butt, etc., all from my stadium seat or sitting in front of a TV.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #223
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Honest question. As a Texan fan, when the Texans win do you cheerfully say "they won today?" or "They are going to the playoffs?" I 100 percent guilty of using "we" win or lose with comments such as dam* we lost again, whew we pulled that one out or we kicked butt, etc., all from my stadium seat or sitting in front of a TV.
I never say I earned it. We won, sure. I earned is silly, don't see that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #224
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How is it silly? as a fan when your team wins a champion you do
earn a right to brag...you've earned the right via the fact you've
been a loyal supporter the entire time and not as many have done
which is jumped on when the times have been great

so I have earned the right to brag because regardless of the outcome
of the season. I've been loyal enough to hang in there even in their
times of great disappointment

And when they win a super bowl I can be proud and brag at what
they accomplished as a franchise/team

of course and as usual,

You fail to grasp that concept since Houston has never won the big 1
don't hold your breath, i think the cowboys are done winning superbowls for quite some time.
Old 09-02-2013   #225
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Everyone loves a winner and the media uses that towards their
advantage any chance they can get!

just remember many of these pencil pushing desk jockey's were
once kids sitting home in front of the television, watching Roger
out there throwing a pass down the field. and saw Tom Landry
on the sidelines and got hooked

Nothing wrong with that,

what is wrong? is when the media starts feeding you lots of info
that doesn't matter but like the corrupt machine that they are, they
just keep doing it to keep you away from the reality of truth

Things like pushing the here and now and ignoring what everyone
else did (past) mindless and pointless stats and the best one of
them all?

the everyone is a winner argument

That is the kind of **** you hear when your a kid so your made
to not feel bad that you didn't win the state championship

Losing is a part of the game, you don't have to like it but
you do have to accept it, the media is telling you that is
not the case

yes, you lost today but got nothing to hang your head in shame
about!!

Wrong,

it's all about winning that is all this sport is geared towards
win, win, win, and when I say win I am talking about the
constant pressure to win a state championship, a national
title or a super bowl ring

They do not hand out keys and rings to those who failed to
achieve that! there is no ticker tape parade, nobody gets to
meet the President of the United States

the only thing you get is that branded seal on your ass!!!

FAILURE

until you win the game that matters most and achieve what
this sport was meant for? Ultimate glory not partial glory and
some ice cream
Your circular rhetoric is familiar. Have you met dex? I think the 2 of you would get along famously.

In defense, I will readily admit screaming "we made it!" and hugging a co-worker in a very heterosexual fashion the first time the Texans clenched a play off spot. Taking ownership of a team isn't supper uncommon and personally i'm usually in a good mood or bad mood for a couple of days after a Texan's game. It shouldn't be that personal but it is. I shouldn't react that way but I do.

Despite that, I dont wrap onto 20 year old titles with bare white knuckles and continue to present myself as a champion. 20 years ago I was a virgin. 20 years ago mc hammer and the back street boys were cool. 20 years ago I had a future. The cowboys have no future as long as Jerry is at the helm. Good luck to you for all the suffering ahead...probably another 20 years before you get a real owner.
Old 09-02-2013   #226
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Regardless of when the next one is coming?
the reality is those 5 existing are our notoriety
and can never be taking away

what you wrap around? is the playoff argument nobody especially Cowboys fans cares
about

if being a loser is what you enjoy...have fun with it but don't flaunt that stupid
**** in our face and think it makes it any better than anyone else?

cause in the end your not
Your comparing a team with 50 years of history vs a team with a dozen (?) No sh*t you have more titles and wins. Thanks captain obvious. However, since our inception you've won as many titles as we have. You have less playoff wins then we do. What the f*ck are you bragging about? Your flaunting stupidity. And congratulations, you do it well.
Old 09-02-2013   #227
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh lord i am starting to feel really bad for the cowgirls after seeing this guys pitiful posts
Old 09-02-2013   #228
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thing about TC he is not having to agonize over a full season. Come December he can shut off the TV on sundays and do what he likes to do..being playoffs have been out of question by then
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #229
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Oh lord i am starting to feel really bad for the cowgirls after seeing this guys pitiful posts
I couldn't agree more. This guy's post are miserable. Nothing worthwhile to say ,but he hates us so much he HAS to say something . Kinda like watching a bad movie the first time and you already know the ending to it because the plot sucks so bad. "We have a championship!" Hey everybody, " we have a title." People born on the day you won that title are now eligible to drive. Yippee!

There are 31 teams this year who wont win a championship. For 30 of them the good news is they don't have jerry.
Old 09-02-2013   #230
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok I read the sig..so who is getting offended? Cowboys record speaks for itself same as Texans
Old 09-02-2013   #231
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The truth is more exciting than the fiction so maybe for you it's boring
and drab....

read my sig
Weak. Your done and have been for quite a while now. Go back to your glory hole and whimper along with all the other cowgirls wearing 20 year old jerseys.
Old 09-03-2013   #232
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

There are certain truths about myself which I've come to accept. Among these are:

a. I'm a playa-hater. I've been one for some time and proudly guzzle my hater-ade. Hateration/Hater-NATION!

b. I grew up disliking the Cowboys (as a Oiler fan) and that "dislike" grew into full blown LOATHING when the Oilers went to Tennessee and the local media and Cowboy fans and the local media tried to shove them down my throat as if I was to become a defacto fan simply because my team was gone.

c. Despite my openly cheering for ANY team which plays the Cowboys on any given Sunday and wanting to dance a jig when they lose one ESPECIALLY after attempting some last second heroics, I respect them as a team.

d. The only owner whom I want to see holding Vincent Lombardi's trophy LESS than Jerry Jones is Budd Addams.

That being said, I won't talk smack about these guys until the season ACTUALLY starts and I see their starters in action. But my feelings can best be summed up by late sports writer Bert Sugar from the title of his Cowboy hating bible:

"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys...and Who Elected Them America's Team Anyway?"
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #233
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Still don't get the Texans vs. Cowboys (fans only) rivalry.

Sometimes I think its an effort for some Texans fans to deny that they were Cowboys fans before the Texans showed up.

That sticks in my craw about as bad as they "I used to be an Oilers fan!" people. You know, the ones that didn't show up until three years ago when the Texans got good.

For the record, I love both teams. Grew up on the Boys, but became a fan of the Texans when they started.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #234
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The truth is more exciting than the fiction so maybe for you it's boring
and drab....

read my sig
We sad we felt sorry for you, not offended. You are on a texans message board the last time i checked, cause the last time you guys won a superbowl cell phones were still the size of a pay phone, internet was only for the rich, and we had never heard of HD TV.

Trust me us texans fans are not offended by the cowboys fan on the texans message board.
Old 09-03-2013   #235
Wolf
100% Texan

I feel a slight twinge for you. You basically have nothing to cheer for when It comes to football. Just try to enjoy the sport while you can.
Old 09-03-2013   #236
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have plenty to cheer for the fact Dallas is established, and that nothing can
ever take away what all ready is? no amount of recent history changes that

so really all there is? is for Romo and the present day team to get on board
with the other all time Dallas greats, or just be another name in the book of
having played but did nothing

Either way it's a win/win for me
You know, I really have no beef with the Cowboys or their fans. I had lived in Dallas long enough that most of my friends are Cowboys fans. But none of them are like you. The Cowboys to me are in part a source of entertainment in how they find different ways to screw themselves over. It all mainly revolves around Jerry and how back-asswards he is. I actually like a number of their players, including Romo.

You and I are from different generations, so there is probably a disconnect somewhere in the way we think. I mean no disrespect by it, but the way you talk in this thread reminds me of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. I really can't think of a better analogy.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #237
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
the way you talk in this thread reminds me of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. I really can't think of a better analogy.
Wow, now that you mention it, that's spot on. He is like a really bad obnoxious door to door salesman trying to sale me crap I don't want, AND he's living in the past just like Uncle Rico. Lousy "has been" comes here and trys to eat our steak. Go back to your van and make a movie. Grandma, called and said you should leave.
Old 09-04-2013   #238
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone really care about Dallas anymore? Our dislike should lean heavily towards the titans.
Old 09-04-2013   #239
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
of course people still care bout Dallas, if not these types of threads wouldn't
exist
Not really. I see this instance as a chicken and egg-type thing. Did the Cowboy-bashing begin with this thread? No. Would we be talking about the Cowboys this, the beginning of the season? VERY little, if any, except for the preseason game that meant nothing.

What I mean is this. Anybody could start a thread beginning with "Let's make fun of [fill in the blank]" and with just about any team it will act as a starting gun to make fun.

Do many of us dislike the Cowboys? Sure. Many of us grew up in Houston where the Oilers called home and some turncoat-bandwagon-soulless-enormously obnoxious football fans decided to call the Cowboys their team, forsaking their own city and it's community. We endured them as long as they were respectful but most often they asked for what eventually came their way. Yep, in elementary school I got in a fight or two with Houstonian Cowboys, they begged for it. So, I never liked the team in general. Moreover, I've never found them to be likable with the exception of the Meredith days.

As others have pointed out the Cowboys of today are just sort of ....there. I see non-Dallasite Cowboy fans a lot here in Austin, but we get along fine even though they are year-in, year-out champs of worst fans in the NFL. It's the fans in Dallas I don't mind and can talk football with in an enjoyable fashion.

Today I hate the Titans, still hate the Steelers and all teams from the old AFC Central, with the possible exception of the Browns who were never there. I have major sports-hate for most AFC teams for one reason or another. The Cowboys?? Not anymore in comparison to years past.

The Cowboys are a once every four year opponent whose problems are mainly due to the one guy that will not be fired, the owner. Yes, I love the comedy that comes out of Dallas both on and off the field these days.

So somebody started a thread saying let's "make fun of them Cowboys." "Cowboys" could have been replaced with any number of other teams. The "Charger look alike" thread should be up by now. Where is it?? ...lol.

My short post gone long is, don't flatter yourself in thinking the Cowboys are something special. As we all know, that was then, this is now.
Old 09-04-2013   #240
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Don't give me that crap dude

you don't feel sorry for me or for the Cowboys
I do feel sorry for you, because you have to drift to a different teams message board to talk about the greatness of your cowboys, cant do it on a cowboys message board cause even they know the cowboys suck.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read