Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-31-2013   #201
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
As if the last 2 regular seasons wasn't embarrassing enough for the Texans
now there fans have to blow each other over a preseason game? I mean
seriously folks let's get a grip on reality here

when it counts Dallas owns you so keep counting those preseason
wins, it's the only weapon of defense you got
It matters so little and yet you seems so hurt over the game. The "last 2 seasons..." remark is laughable.
Old 08-31-2013   #202
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody's still living under the ancient calendar of Homer...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #203
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am talking bout the last 2 meetings between Dallas and Houston during the
regular season, you know the ones Parcells and your current defensive coordinator
left on you when he was the puppet head coach in Dallas?

and please spare me the talk of playoffs?

To a guy like me the playoffs and their wins are old hat for me and don't
phase me as it does others who get a hard on every time they win 1
and feel the need to try and impress the father figure who simply
doesn't care cause it's not good enough
You can't have it both ways, my friend. If playoff wins are run of the mill stops on the road to an anything-less-is-failure Super Bowl win, then 8-8 and failure to get to the playoffs must put you on a suicide watch.
Old 09-01-2013   #204
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am talking bout the last 2 meetings between Dallas and Houston during the
regular season, you know the ones Parcells and your current defensive coordinator
left on you when he was the puppet head coach in Dallas?

and please spare me the talk of playoffs?

To a guy like me the playoffs and their wins are old hat for me and don't
phase me as it does others who get a hard on every time they win 1
and feel the need to try and impress the father figure who simply
doesn't care cause it's not good enough
So playoffs don't matter to you but a regular season win back in 2006 does?
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #205
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You still fail to get it

what I am saying is that when you seen as many playoff wins as I
have they become old hat, that wear off over time due to the fact
that you have done it so many times it's like riding a bike once you've
mastered it

So I am not impressed if you win a playoff game
The Cowboys have 1 playoff win since 1996. One in 17 years. I understand why it doesn't matter to you.

Quote:
I believe it is your fans who are getting all over excited bout a preseason game that
doesn't even matter, so I mentioned that when it counts your 1-2 against us
I don't see anybody getting too excited about beating the Cowboys in here.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #206
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys have some decent players nodoubt, but as long as you have jeeraha and romo your not going anywhere. The last time the cowboys were relevant I was in high school. I'm now 36.

Us winning or losing a preseason game with 2nd stringers doesn't mean ****. The cowboys winning a regular season game against us really doesn't mean much either. You have to make the playoffs to be relevant. The cowgirl track record in the playoffs has sucked since the 90's. I bet it burns you up to know sean payton is a saint, no?

GLORY HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013   #207
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Cowboys have more than 1 playoff win and just because the mediots
chose to ignore the 32 others...doesn't mean those wins didn't happen
they did

so as I said it doesn't impress me you won 2 it's old hat for a guy like
me who's been around to watch those games happen
Not only is jerry a pompus azz who chases away any coaching talent, he regularly hands out his draft board to anyone who wants to see it in April. Your superbowl was a failure, your quadrillion dollar screen hanging in the middle of your field is a failure, your draft in the first round of a center considered by most pundits as a 5th roundoverall talent is a failure, and jerraha's plastic surgeon is a failure. He really does look like "captain elastic" now and you know it. Dez's mother was a failure, and so was the drunk azz nose tackle who killed his cowboy teammate in a car accident. Hell, even tony and jessica simpson were a failure (likely because he's gay- not that there's anything wrong with that.) The giants, skins, and eagles have all been more relevant recently. All you have to be proud of is your history. There's always that. If you come here to start **** expect to get a battle red horn up the azz!!!

GLORY HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013   #208
Showtime100
Got AJ?

powda's crampin'
Old 09-01-2013   #209
powda
Hall of Fame

GLORY HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013   #210
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
powda's crampin'
They come here and act cordial, they're welcome to stay. They trespass as cowboys fans to talk sh*t? They better eat their Wheaties. Every damn cowboy fan is the same, you can't find one to save your life if the team is 1-15. Once the team breaks .500 theyre like a mob of nasty **** roaches. Lil'bastards. Stomp one and the rest run. Dallas has always been a city full of second class citizens.

GLORY HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013   #211
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
They come here and act cordial, they're welcome to stay. They trespass as cowboys fans to talk sh*t? They better eat their Wheaties. Every damn cowboy fan is the same, you can't find one to save your life if the team is 1-15. Once the team breaks .500 theyre like a mob of nasty **** roaches. Lil'bastards. Stomp one and the rest run. Dallas has always been a city full of second class citizens.

GLORY HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You reminded me of the late '80's when they had a double-digit loss season then went 1-15. Not a Cowboy fan to be found and I mean that almost literally (in Austin). Then the Hershel trade and *boom* every football fan in the city went back to cross-dressing as Cowboy fans again. Hilarious.

Yeah, TC wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to forget the 'Boys are treading water, unexciting, uninteresting, unlikable (as always), and are the inferior Texas team in the NFL today. The Texans are more relevant and more interesting on many levels. It's exciting to be a Texans fan because we have been their from the start and have paid our dues as fans.

It's all good. When Cowboy fans bring up the past like the fat guy on the couch talking about the good 'ol days when he played high school ball, the discussion is over. The icing on the cake is seeing them get snotty about it...

As I said earlier, I miss Blazing Arrow. THAT guy could make an argument for any of the 32 teams and make you work for it...lol.
Old 09-01-2013   #212
powda
Hall of Fame

I do believe aikman was the qb durring that 1-15 season. I actually think he's a solid broadcaster, though when I watch the games he does commentary for I keep waiting for him to have another concussion mid sentence.

Whatever happened to Quentin Carter? You remember the cok addict the cowboys kept passing off as a prophet? That guy was hand picked by Jerry himself and he sucked fiercely. Jerry should've understood only a handfull of drug addicts can be successful in the nfl. Guys like mike "smoke a rock, slap a ho" irving and nate "dont search my trunk" newton dont come around often.
Old 09-01-2013   #213
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do believe aikman was the qb durring that 1-15 season. I actually think he's a solid broadcaster, though when I watch the games he does commentary for I keep waiting for him to have another concussion mid sentence.
That was Aikman's rookie year after 3-13 got them the #1 to get him. Aikman is one of the best analysts IMO.
Old 09-01-2013   #214
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not only is jerry a pompus azz who chases away any coaching talent,
Who?
Quote:
he regularly hands out his draft board to anyone who wants to see it in April.
How regular?
Quote:
Your superbowl was a failure
when?
Quote:
your quadrillion dollar screen hanging in the middle of your field is a failure
a bit too ridiculous to comment, on to next comment
Quote:
your draft in the first round of a center considered by most pundits as a 5th roundoverall talent is a failure,
jury still out on that one
Quote:
and jerraha's plastic surgeon is a failure. He really does look like "captain elastic" now and you know it.
never made a habit of talking about someone's appearance, but will say for whatever reason important to him he opted for a facelift and weight loss.
Quote:
Dez's mother was a failure,
I thank her for her offspring
Quote:
and so was the drunk azz nose tackle who killed his cowboy teammate in a car accident.
Much too tragic and I won't pile on
Quote:
Hell, even tony and jessica simpson were a failure (likely because he's gay- not that there's anything wrong with that.)
IMO, Candace was a much better choice. BTW, wasn't there a report that Jessica's dad made a pass at one of her boyfriends. If true, maybe that's the reason for Tony getting out of Dodge so abruptly.
Quote:
The giants, skins, and eagles have all been more relevant recently.
The Giants, of course, but the Eagles and Redskins -- are you serious?
Quote:
All you have to be proud of is your history.
At least that's something
Quote:
If you come here to start **** expect to get a battle red horn up the azz!!!
Agree -- message board and parking lot. Heard the some of the Texans tried to pick a fight up in Dallas last week, but that's what some Texans fans do!!!

Now that I responded to all comments, I will say I take this forum as a fun light hearted smack page and all is meant with no ill will. Truth be told I have good friends that are die hard Texans, Niners, Titans, Patriots and Broncos fans, and when a friend is needed I will count on those relationships more than my beloved Cowboys owner, staff and team, because I know in the end who will be there for me. But on the field, I love me some Cowboys.

Last edited by StarStruck; 09-01-2013 at 09:28 PM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #215
powda
Hall of Fame

I actually agree with and respect a fair portion of your post, but i'd argue "relevant teams" aren't exclusive to superbowl championships. If that's your definition fine. Our first season was what 2002? How many championships have the cowboys won since then? The same as our Texans. Dont spam me with your history because i'm aware of it and I dont give a ****. Right here, right now your as relevant as my team...NO less so because you can't even make the playoffs. Unplug your keyboard because your done. Your team is a mockery of its hayday. As I said, as long as you are stuck with Jerry and romo your team is purely comedic entertainment. If you've come here to taunt us you should have something more substantial then your teams losing playoff record. If you've come here to remind us of your teams history get the **** out. Class dismissed. Nobody cares.
Old 09-01-2013   #216
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'll answer those questions?

super bowls since the triplets? none, Reality? with out the current
team contributing only leaves room for the real greatness to be
left in place uninterrupted

now if your "texans" had actually won a Lombardi title..
this concept would be easy for you to understand

but since you don't have 1 to call your own, it's like
explaining to a virgin what it's like to get laid by the
hot chick in school

you repeatedly go through the entire process start to finish
and all there is? is drooling and a look of confusion like huh?

that is why it is also pointless to explain how the media is
just using you, and using their influence to hype you and
get you all worked up over nothing like this is a pee wee
league where everyone is a winner

the truth is there is 1 winner and everyone else has to
suffer through the embarrassing time of what went wrong?

that is how players learn, and they unlike you get it and
don't brag on the things which they know they can't brag
about

you on the other hand still do not understand this and
brag as if the world cares if the texans did this, that,
or the other thing?

no, nobody cares the texans like 31 other teams were all
used tampons last year, used up to soak up as much of the
excitement/hype as they could get out of you

and when it was all over said and done with! you were
dis guarded in the trash, just like everyone else

no exceptions, no parades, no keys to the city, no
meeting with the president

just lockers to clean out and a hope that next year can be better

that's it!
Maybe I missed it somewhere here in the 15 pages of posts but I haven't seen any Texans standing on rooftops shouting we were suprebowl bound. What I have seen is your sorry has been azz telling us about your championships and why that makes you better then us. You're right, there are 31 tampons every year and yours is bloodier then ours because you cant even make the playoffs.

GLORY HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013   #217
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Who?
How regular? when? a bit too ridiculous to comment, on to next comment jury still out on that one never made a habit of talking about someone's appearance, but will say for whatever reason important to him he opted for a facelift and weight loss. I thank her for her offspring Much too tragic and I won't pile on IMO, Candace was a much better choice. BTW, wasn't there a report that Jessica's dad made a pass at one of her boyfriends. If true, maybe that's the reason for Tony getting out of Dodge so abruptly. The Giants, of course, but the Eagles and Redskins -- are you serious? At least that's something Agree -- message board and parking lot. Heard the some of the Texans tried to pick a fight up in Dallas last week, but that's what some Texans fans do!!!

Now that I responded to all comments, I will say I take this forum as a fun light hearted smack page and all is meant with no ill will. Truth be told I have good friends that are die hard Texans, Niners, Titans, Patriots and Broncos fans, and when a friend is needed I will count on those relationships more than my beloved Cowboys owner, staff and team, because I know in the end who will be there for me. But on the field, I love me some Cowboys.
Lmao. Kudos. IMO that's how your respond in a rivalry forum. Tampon talk isn't really kosher anywhere.

(Parcells, W phillips, Sean Payton...

Public displays of authority by jerry with a legible draft board in the background in 3 of the 4 last years durring the draft...

The dallas superbowl where falling ice maimed people and fans were given seats they couldn't use...they had 2 be reseated elsewhere and it didn't happen until almost halftime. The fiasco was so bad stadium officials offered to compensate them if I recall correctly...

Candace who? Gimme a name and I'll google her...she might be an upgrade lol

Ok, the giants were legit but it's possible the skins were a stretch. The eagles did have a sb appearance...dont you remember mcnabb vomiting?)
Old 09-02-2013   #218
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(Parcells, W phillips, Sean Payton...

Public displays of authority by jerry with a legible draft board in the background in 3 of the 4 last years durring the draft...

The dallas superbowl where falling ice maimed people and fans were given seats they couldn't use...they had 2 be reseated elsewhere and it didn't happen until almost halftime. The fiasco was so bad stadium officials offered to compensate them if I recall correctly...

Candace who? Gimme a name and I'll google her...she might be an upgrade lol

Ok, the giants were legit but it's possible the skins were a stretch. The eagles did have a sb appearance...dont you remember mcnabb vomiting?)
Parcells - check, but left on his own accord as he was famous for doing. Remember before becoming a Cowboy, he retired rather than coach the Bucs. They later tried to sue him.
Payton - looks as though he would have been the better choice for the head coaching job.
Oh, the ice bowl. I thought you were talking about football, my bad.
Candace who? Candace Crawford Romo
I remember that appearance, but don't remember the vomiting. As good as excuse as any, I suppose. I felt bad for TO because he worked so hard to make the miracle comeback only for certain personnel to fold like a cheap suit.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #219
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bragging bout Playoff wins!

as though it's gonna let you slide off the hook that the Texans have
failed to achieve the ultimate goal
First playoff wins in our franchise history of course we are going to brag about them. We are watching our team grow and establish history. Cowboy fans say we have won nothing in 12 years well getting a Superbowl win in today's game is pretty hard, hence the failure of the Cowturds also not getting any NEW championships. We might not have the luxury of our ancestors getting championships but at least we get to be there when our team rides the ship. And these idiots bringing the oilers into this have got to be the dumbest people on the planet because they still exist and are now in Tennessee along with all their history and records. Had the oilers won a Superbowl I guarantee that every Cowturds fan would rub it in our face that the city of Houston has no superbowls now. Besides I don't hear the people of Cleveland trying to take credit for the ravens two superbowls.
Old 09-02-2013   #220
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
IMO, Candace was a much better choice.
Had a chance to google her and she does look like an upgrade. I'll give ya that.

Texascowgirl, I find it funny that of all the people here you'd be the one to lament the media. The cowboys are perhaps the most overhyped team in all sports over the last decade. On espn there's the yankees and the cowboys. The cowboy propaganda machine has been forced on us more then any other team and i've never understood it. I really dont need a constant scroll on the bottom of espn broadcasts telling me what kind of toilet paper jerry uses. No one cares. I think the truth is the Texans are finally getting more media attention then the cowboys nationally and you can't stomach it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read