Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,356
Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Not to be missed, a truly excellent piece by Sage...

Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class
The Vikings-Saints NFC championship will stay with me forever—it was the most physical, and fateful, game I’ve ever been a part of


By Sage Rosenfels


Quote:
I wrote this piece in January 2010, in the few days that followed the NFC Championship Game between the Vikings, where I was the backup quarterback, and the Saints. You may think this game is special for its place in the Saints’ bounty controversy, but to me it’s special for an entirely different reason: In all my experiences in professional football, it best encompasses the true soul of what the NFL is. For my own sanity, I wanted to express my thoughts on the game and take you inside what happened before, during and after it.

***

The game was a media dream. The New Orleans Saints, less than five years after Hurricane Katrina devastated the city and region (including the Superdome, where the game was being played) were hosting the Brett Favre-led Minnesota Vikings. Both teams’ fans had been waiting decades for a Super Bowl berth...
Quote:
He turned to me and said “I choked.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor
 
Malloy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CPH
Age: 40
Posts: 5,585
Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Really good piece, thanks for sharing!
__________________
Insanity is my only means of relaxation
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,526
Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

I'm sure it was a big play and a great game, but it's OVERHYPED. No way I will remember a player like Brett Favre for one bad play.

What does ruin his memory somewhat is a certain cellphone pic...
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 14,896
Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Well, since Sage is often remembered for one play I can see how he might feel compelled to write that story.

Good read. Thanks for posting that link.
__________________
Fitz makes bad decisions. That's not going to change.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Favre was amazing that season. I have tremendous respect for Favre as a football player. I really admire how he played the QB position.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,326
Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Just two minutes ago, I saw a ticker on NFLN that showed Favre quote on the NFC CG: "I choked."

So that's what NFLN got out of that story.
__________________
Anyone but Schaub.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 16,060
Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Nice piece. Thanks for sharing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,356
Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

I have to say I was in awe of Farve's 2009 season at 40 years old, stepping in to turn that team around and getting within a whisker of it all...

I recall a Vikings DB talking about Farve throwing deep outs dead on the money when he was looking to the other side of the field. I don't think any QB controlled the defense more with head/shoulder/arm/eye fakes.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #9
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 32
Posts: 9,318
Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

I remember watching the game live and thinking that was the worst physical beating I ever saw a QB take in my lifetime.

Knowing what we do now...
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #10
Fred
All Pro
 
Fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 879
Rep Power: 36695 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm sure it was a big play and a great game, but it's OVERHYPED. No way I will remember a player like Brett Favre for one bad play.

What does ruin his memory somewhat is a certain cellphone pic...
I don't remember Favre for that one play. The one play I remember him for is laying down in front of Strahan in order to make a mockery of the sack record. Showed his complete lack of integrity and complete lack of respect for the game. His hundreds of interceptions on throws forced into coverage? So many it is hard to choose, but the one to end his team's chances the very last time does stand out a little - and it summarizes his entire career in one play.

I wonder if this article will be this push that brings him out of retirement this year...
__________________
Warning! If this post does not appear to contain sarcasm, someone has probably hacked my account!
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,622
Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I don't remember Favre for that one play. The one play I remember him for is laying down in front of Strahan in order to make a mockery of the sack record. Showed his complete lack of integrity and complete lack of respect for the game. His hundreds of interceptions on throws forced into coverage? So many it is hard to choose, but the one to end his team's chances the very last time does stand out a little - and it summarizes his entire career in one play.

I wonder if this article will be this push that brings him out of retirement this year...
Perfect example of hate clouding common sense and judgement. The guy is arguably top 5 of all time ever. Toughest Qb in history. Hate the man all you want, but to disregard a HOF career and and say that all you remember are picks and forced throws is ignorance on a very high level.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #12
Fred
All Pro
 
Fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 879
Rep Power: 36695 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Perfect example of hate clouding common sense and judgement. The guy is arguably top 5 of all time ever. Toughest Qb in history. Hate the man all you want, but to disregard a HOF career and and say that all you remember are picks and forced throws is ignorance on a very high level.
I explicitly said that was not the main thing I remember.

He hung around a lot of years and is #1 in lots of career categories. Most TD passes. Most Completions. Most Yards Passing. Most Interceptions Thrown. Most Fumbles. Most inappropriate sexts.

The teams he played on won a lot of games. Quite a few games won because of him. But also a LOT of games lost because of him. A lot of QBs have made the plays to win more games that their teams would have lost otherwise than Favre has. But none have made as many plays to lose games that their teams would have won otherwise.

Favre is a better QB than Trent Dilfer. If Dilfer had been the Packers QB the year Favre's team won the Super Bowl they would not have won the Super Bowl because Dilfer could not have led them to the wins. But if Favre's had been the Raven's QB the year Dilfer won the Super Bowl, it's a 80% chance they would not have won because Favre probably would have blown one of the playoff games trying to show off. Like he did most years.

Saying Favre is top 5 is showing the same lack of respect for the game that Favre displayed. That is being awed by the career statistics. I'm more impressed by someone who makes the plays to win and avoids the plays to lose, such as Joe Montana. Even on the Packers, I'll take Bart Starr and his 5 NFL Championships (and his per game averages of 9 completions on 16 attempts for 126 yards) over Favre.

I will put Favre on the top 5 list... of Packers QBs (although some people may feel I am slighting Cecil Isbell and Irv Comp).

1. Bart Starr 5 NFL Championships
2. Arnie Herber 4 NFL Championships
3. Red Dunn 3 NFL Championships
4. Aaron Rodgers 1 NFL Championship (with probably more to come)
5. Brett Favre 1 NFL Championship

It is not just that he is the all time leader in interceptions thrown - that comes long with the other career records due to the longevity. It is that he threw so many idiotic throws that never had a chance and cost his team the game just because he couldn't rein his ego in.

The idiotic interception is not everything about his career, but the other things have been done by other people. Dan Marino had huge career stats. Peyton Manning will have huge career stats. Bradshaw and Montana won more Super Bowls. But the awesomely stupid interception - that really is a Favre thing. It is what truly makes his career unique.

His first regular season pass ever was intercepted and returned for a TD. His last pass as a Packer was an interception to lose the NFC Championship game. And the last play of his career (the second most memorable play of his career) fittingly summed up and typified his entire career: an idiotic interception to lose the NFC Championship game when they were already in field goal range. Goodnight Brett!
__________________
Warning! If this post does not appear to contain sarcasm, someone has probably hacked my account!
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,326
Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
<snip>
Wow, so you must think Barry Sanders really sucks, what with all those drive killing negative yard runs.
__________________
Anyone but Schaub.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
His first regular season pass ever was intercepted and returned for a TD. His last pass as a Packer was an interception to lose the NFC Championship game. And the last play of his career (the second most memorable play of his career) fittingly summed up and typified his entire career: an idiotic interception to lose the NFC Championship game when they were already in field goal range. Goodnight Brett!
You don't have to like how he played, but the fact is he was an extremely successful QB. One of the most successful in the history of the game. All of the rest of that stuff is not even relevant really.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #15
Fred
All Pro
 
Fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 879
Rep Power: 36695 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Wow, so you must think Barry Sanders really sucks, what with all those drive killing negative yard runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You don't have to like how he played, but the fact is he was an extremely successful QB. One of the most successful in the history of the game. All of the rest of that stuff is not even relevant really.
It all depends on what you like; apparently y'all like exciting highlights. Then Barry Sanders and Brett Favre are your dream backfield.

"All of the rest of that stuff is not even relevant really." All the rest of that stuff - you mean championships. I prefer championships to highlights. So as I already explained on that basis: Bart Starr » Brett Favre. Barry Sanders doesn't suck, he is better than most. But when it comes to winning championships I'll take the guy who converts 98% of 3rd and 2 to a first down over the guy who converts 60% but pops 5% for a 40 yard gain. So for championships: Emmitt Smith » Barry Sanders.
__________________
Warning! If this post does not appear to contain sarcasm, someone has probably hacked my account!
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
It all depends on what you like; apparently y'all like exciting highlights. Then Barry Sanders and Brett Favre are your dream backfield.

"All of the rest of that stuff is not even relevant really." All the rest of that stuff - you mean championships. I prefer championships to highlights. So as I already explained on that basis: Bart Starr » Brett Favre. Barry Sanders doesn't suck, he is better than most. But when it comes to winning championships I'll take the guy who converts 98% of 3rd and 2 to a first down over the guy who converts 60% but pops 5% for a 40 yard gain. So for championships: Emmitt Smith » Barry Sanders.

I guess you'll take Trent Dilfer over Dan Marino then?

Championships are important, but using it as the bottom line on how you rate individual players in a team game is maybe one of the more ridiculous things I've heard today.


And this morning I heard a guy trying to sell shoe laces.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 18,397
Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Wow, so you must think Barry Sanders really sucks, what with all those drive killing negative yard runs.
Personally, I loved watching Barry Sanders but I would have hated having him on my team. He was a boom or bust kind of player and that's not really good for winning. I always preferred a back like Emmitt Smith, not as flashy but much more consistent and still able to break the big one from time to time.
__________________
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,622
Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I explicitly said that was not the main thing I remember.

He hung around a lot of years and is #1 in lots of career categories. Most TD passes. Most Completions. Most Yards Passing. Most Interceptions Thrown. Most Fumbles. Most inappropriate sexts.

The teams he played on won a lot of games. Quite a few games won because of him. But also a LOT of games lost because of him. A lot of QBs have made the plays to win more games that their teams would have lost otherwise than Favre has. But none have made as many plays to lose games that their teams would have won otherwise.

Favre is a better QB than Trent Dilfer. If Dilfer had been the Packers QB the year Favre's team won the Super Bowl they would not have won the Super Bowl because Dilfer could not have led them to the wins. But if Favre's had been the Raven's QB the year Dilfer won the Super Bowl, it's a 80% chance they would not have won because Favre probably would have blown one of the playoff games trying to show off. Like he did most years.

Saying Favre is top 5 is showing the same lack of respect for the game that Favre displayed. That is being awed by the career statistics. I'm more impressed by someone who makes the plays to win and avoids the plays to lose, such as Joe Montana. Even on the Packers, I'll take Bart Starr and his 5 NFL Championships (and his per game averages of 9 completions on 16 attempts for 126 yards) over Favre.

I will put Favre on the top 5 list... of Packers QBs (although some people may feel I am slighting Cecil Isbell and Irv Comp).

1. Bart Starr 5 NFL Championships
2. Arnie Herber 4 NFL Championships
3. Red Dunn 3 NFL Championships
4. Aaron Rodgers 1 NFL Championship (with probably more to come)
5. Brett Favre 1 NFL Championship

It is not just that he is the all time leader in interceptions thrown - that comes long with the other career records due to the longevity. It is that he threw so many idiotic throws that never had a chance and cost his team the game just because he couldn't rein his ego in.

The idiotic interception is not everything about his career, but the other things have been done by other people. Dan Marino had huge career stats. Peyton Manning will have huge career stats. Bradshaw and Montana won more Super Bowls. But the awesomely stupid interception - that really is a Favre thing. It is what truly makes his career unique.

His first regular season pass ever was intercepted and returned for a TD. His last pass as a Packer was an interception to lose the NFC Championship game. And the last play of his career (the second most memorable play of his career) fittingly summed up and typified his entire career: an idiotic interception to lose the NFC Championship game when they were already in field goal range. Goodnight Brett!
You are completely clueless about his career and Ill just leave it at that. No use in wasting my time with someone who has to much hate to have a rationale discussion with.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,033
Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Growing up, I didn't like Bret Favre.... actually, my little brother loved him, so naturally I had to loathe him. The first couple of years, we'd watch him do some crazy sht that would work & my brother would be all... see, see!!

I'd tell him, "That doesn't make him good, he's lucky & that luck is going to run out on him sooner or later."

Well, later never came. It took me a while, but I finally admitted to my little brother, that Favre was one of the best to play the game.






Now I hate Aaron Rogers.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,526
Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Any Texan fan has good reason to "hate" Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady after last season.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger