Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013   #41
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/9/2013, Game 1 vs Vikings: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing

From what the Vikings are saying, Texans fans may be seeing few familiar players on the the field, especially if they blink. Looks like all teams seem to be more concerned this year about their vets making it to the regular season all in one piece. It'll be interesting to see if this trend makes it into the 3rd preseason game.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #42
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/9/2013, Game 1 vs Vikings: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
From what the Vikings are saying, Texans fans may be seeing few familiar players on the the field, especially if they blink. Looks like all teams seem to be more concerned this year about their vets making it to the regular season all in one piece. It'll be interesting to see if this trend makes it into the 3rd preseason game.
Not really news. Kubiak said that 17-20 guys could sit. Kubes seems to have some beef with Minnesota's turf.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #43
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who have you heard is not playing for minny?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Who have you heard is not playing for minny?
There is question if Peterson, Allen, Jennings, Rhodes or Bishop play a down.
Old 08-09-2013   #45
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Not really news. Kubiak said that 17-20 guys could sit. Kubes seems to have some beef with Minnesota's turf.
I was actually referring to Vikings players.
Old 08-09-2013   #46
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was actually referring to Vikings players.
Sorry, I realized my mistake after posting. I don't think it's that uncommon for teams to sit players for the first game though.
Old 08-09-2013   #47
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry, I realized my mistake after posting. I don't think it's that uncommon for teams to sit players for the first game though.
No problem. I could have made it clearer. But I have to disagree on the first game comment. In the past preseasons, starters have routinely made it out for one or two series at least. This year, it looks as if there is team wide hesitancy due to the inordinate number of player training camp injuries to date.
Old 08-09-2013   #48
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No problem. I could have made it clearer. But I have to disagree on the first game comment. In the past preseasons, starters have routinely made it out for one or two series at least. This year, it looks as if there is team wide hesitancy due to the inordinate number of player training camp injuries to date.
There's no doubt that 20 players sitting is a bit extreme. It's not too uncommon to see players like Peterson, Foster & Andre sit the first game.

Have you noticed any other teams in the league sitting so many players outside of Minny/Houston? I have to admit, waiting for the Texans-Vikings tonight, I haven't watched one preseason game yet.
Old 08-09-2013   #49
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76043 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's no doubt that 20 players sitting is a bit extreme. It's not too uncommon to see players like Peterson, Foster & Andre sit the first game.

Have you noticed any other teams in the league sitting so many players outside of Minny/Houston? I have to admit, waiting for the Texans-Vikings tonight, I haven't watched one preseason game yet.
Most teams are sitting starters. All those hamstrings and ACL's poppin have everyone worried.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #50
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Is that you, Kubiak? LOL!
kinda funny but i've come to the realization that i'm actually old enough now to call these 20 something's kids now...feels ...and then at the same time.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
kinda funny but i've come to the realization that i'm actually old enough now to call these 20 something's kids now...feels ...and then at the same time.
I know exactly what you mean, heck, Kubiak is a couple years younger than I am, LOL.
I knew about him when he was at St Pius X high school while I was at UH.
No, I didn't attend any of his games, but I was a stats guy, and so I collected stacks of local newspapers and his name was in there.

And it was still funny to me when I first heard of Kubiak calling the guys "kids".

Anyway, is it game time yet?
Man, I can't wait to watch some Texans football.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #52
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241555 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this going to be the game thread???

Or this: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101225

Edina (Minnesota) players share practice field with NFL's Texans

Defensive end J.J. Watt also spent five minutes talking with the Hornets and urged them to ‘take care of business’ in school.
Quote:
You won’t see defensive end J.J. Watt on the field with his Houston Texan teammates Friday but a whole bunch of Edina High School football players did.

They got a post-practice speech from Watt, too.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...219042831.html
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #53
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241555 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Not playing tonight:
Andre Johnson
J.J. Watt
Antonio Smith
Johnathan Joseph
Brian Cushing
Whitney Mercilus
Greg Jones
Owen Daniels
Wade Smith
WR Alan Bonner
CB Brandon Harris
LB Evan Frierson
DE Delano Johnson
DE Earl Okine
OT Brennan Williams
LB Cameron Collins

Little warm ups video: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...6-e56658bfc075
Old 08-09-2013   #54
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

No game thread? or will this be it? I haven't seen ThaShark on in a while, he was the one who made them, iirc
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #55
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

The game is about to start!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Not playing tonight:
Andre Johnson
J.J. Watt
Antonio Smith
Johnathan Joseph
Brian Cushing
Whitney Mercilus
Greg Jones
Owen Daniels
Wade Smith
WR Alan Bonner
CB Brandon Harris
LB Evan Frierson
DE Delano Johnson
DE Earl Okine
OT Brennan Williams
LB Cameron Collins

Little warm ups video: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...6-e56658bfc075
Don't tell me they are going to throw Montgomery in tonight!
Old 08-09-2013   #57
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wanted to see Mercilus play tonight.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #58
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Texans! SA is rooting you on!
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #59
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
No, he said he wasn't playing. Took that list off Texans website.
Old 08-09-2013   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read