Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2013   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

I was screwing around on the internet this morning at work and came across this hilarious piece of audio from 2010 that never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNg9qDyViCc

It got me thinking about how terrible he used to be and how I wanted to personally pack his bags and send him out of town. I used to literally go and get a beer from the kitchen and hear on TV in the back ground the Texans give up a big play and I knew before I would even come back and see the replay that Jackson shat his pants on defense and 9 out of 10 times I was right.

Now though, I have to say, I love him back there with JJo and if this front 7 holds up, we should really be exciting on D imo.

I realize this is not a groundbreaking thread/post but A) I wanted to post that audio clip cause it is just funny and B) I haven't been in this main part of the board since last season so I'm unaware of how many, if any threads there have recently been about KJ.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Remember when we all hated Kareem Jackson?

I never hated him. From day one I saw the talent that got him drafted. I excused his play because I understood he was put in a bad situation. But from day 1, I knew he was a baller.
Old 08-07-2013   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

People with unrealistic expectations hated him. Corners don't step into this league ready to dominate normally. He was thrown into the mix with a bad defense and bad safeties. He was destined to fail early on.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #4
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if I actually hated him as a player nor did I expect him to be Prime Time in season 1.....however.....he was terrible when not viewed through Battle Red glasses, that's just how it was. I hated him getting burned and starting from day 1 and at times yeah wanted to run him out on a rail but I am so glad we kept him.

Dude is a bad ass now.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I had been wanting them to draft a first round corner for a while and was happy about it, even though we did get Joseph in FA. Never doubted that it had been time for that, but I can't say I never doubted Jackson himself. I expected bad play that first year, but geez...

Never wanted him gone. Knew he still had potential.

Still did remember, "...and Kareem Jackson will fall down." I used to end some of my posts with that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem was awful when he first got here. He was not that good his second season either when Jason Allen was taking some snaps from him.

Last year was his first complete season where he really showed his ability.

But really, even as a rookie Kareem was pretty good at plays that happened in front of him or withing the first 10-15 yards. It's when he had to flip his hips and run that he struggled. Long passes where not kind to him.

Last year though, he was 100% better at deep passes that he had been. His confidence just grew once he felt he could defend deep down the field.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Kareem was awful when he first got here. He was not that good his second season either when Jason Allen was taking some snaps from him.

Last year was his first complete season where he really showed his ability.

But really, even as a rookie Kareem was pretty good at plays that happened in front of him or withing the first 10-15 yards. It's when he had to flip his hips and run that he struggled. Long passes where not kind to him.

Last year though, he was 100% better at deep passes that he had been. His confidence just grew once he felt he could defend deep down the field.
Agreed Rey and I expect to see even more improvement again this season. From what we're hearing from camp KJ has honed his skills and technique even more and has taken another big step.

He still can't stop Octopus Hands Nuk but neither can JJo but he did shut down Megatron in the second half last season when he told Vance Joseph to "Let me chase him." I chuckle every time I think about that.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2013   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Its amazing what coaching can do
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 251997 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

He used to be pretty bad, and now he's good. I used to hate him, now I love him.

It's football and I'm a fan, I can say what I want about any of 'em.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #10
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
People with unrealistic expectations hated him. Corners don't step into this league ready to dominate normally. He was thrown into the mix with a bad defense and bad safeties. He was destined to fail early on.

My feelings exactly. Especially the safeties.
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem tripped twice while you typed this.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Never met the man, so I never hated him. I hated the way he played. I hated that the Texans drafted him in the first round when he clearly wasn't pro-ready, as they kept saying. Hated that they kept repeating that lie while other corners drafted contributed to their teams in better ways.

I'm glad he's finally turned into the player that the Texans insisted he was when they drafted him. His 2011 season should have been his rookie season. In 2010, he was not ready for prime time in any way, shape, or form.
Old 08-07-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I hated that the Texans drafted him in the first round when he clearly wasn't pro-ready, as they kept saying.
I could be wrong, but I thought they said he was the most pro ready. Seeing how McCourty is a safety now & I don't know what Kyle Wilson is doing... kind of hard to fault them on that.

Now they kept saying he was ready to start from day one. I found that hard to believe. He might have been their best option, but that's a different story.
Old 08-07-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I was happy with Kareem Jackson pick at the time. I wasn't a fan of Kyle Wilson at all so I was just happy we didn't pick him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #15
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 51078 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought they said he was the most pro ready...
They did say that. The problem was that coaching staff wasn't pro ready.
Old 08-07-2013   #16
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

"...And Kareem Jackson falls down". LOL, yep, that's what I remember.

I won't lie, I hated this dude and wanted us to find another #1 corner because he, IMO, was worthless.

We did with JJo and Kareem has looked a lot better. You generally look better when you are guarding guys like Andre Roberts instead of guarding Larry Fitzgerald though. I'm excited about the strides he's made, but still not ready for JJo to go anywhere.

Either way, congrats to all of you that said you loved him, expected his garbage play, and stood behind him. I personally think yall are liars, but Captain Hindsight might say differently. Regardless, glad he's come around and excited for this year. I'm just joking and being sarcastic rather than trying to pick a fight FYI.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought they said he was the most pro ready. Seeing how McCourty is a safety now & I don't know what Kyle Wilson is doing... kind of hard to fault them on that.
McCourty was voted 1st Team All Pro by Sporting News and 2nd Team All Pro by the AP. THAT is pro ready. If you want to talk about long term ceiling, that's fine, but it's not what they kept saying. Wilson has been a bust, but there were other DBs taken in the first and second round after the Texans pick. I think they pushed it, drafting for need.

I am happy Jackson has improved to the point where he is, though. He's kind of the project that worked out, to contrast Amobi Ok0ye. While I'm glad he worked out, that doesn't mean I'm a fan of first round projects.
Old 08-07-2013   #18
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
"...And Kareem Jackson falls down". LOL, yep, that's what I remember.

I won't lie, I hated this dude and wanted us to find another #1 corner because he, IMO, was worthless.

We did with JJo and Kareem has looked a lot better. You generally look better when you are guarding guys like Andre Roberts instead of guarding Larry Fitzgerald though. I'm excited about the strides he's made, but still not ready for JJo to go anywhere.

Either way, congrats to all of you that said you loved him, expected his garbage play, and stood behind him. I personally think yall are liars, but Captain Hindsight might say differently. Regardless, glad he's come around and excited for this year. I'm just joking and being sarcastic rather than trying to pick a fight FYI.
But what he did in the Lions game last season showed how much he has grown.

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...coming-his-own

Quote:
Jackson’s growth was on full display against the Detroit Lions and Calvin Johnson on Thanksgiving. Johnson went into the locker room at halftime with five catches for 103 yards and a touchdown. Jackson took over cover duties in the second half and held the single season record holder for receiving yards in check. Matthew Stafford targeted Johnson eight times in the second frame and Jackson held Johnson to just 37 yards and three catches.
And I cant find the quote but Vance Joseph stated that Kareem told him at halftime to lock him on Johnson.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #19
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
But what he did in the Lions game last season showed how much he has grown.

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...coming-his-own

And I cant find the quote but Vance Joseph stated that Kareem told him at halftime to lock him on Johnson.
He got Megatron when he was already tired from scorching the field. I'm just joking.

You're right, he's def making positive strides and I'm excited. I'm still not ready for JJo to go anywhere yet, but I like what KJax is doing.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ has shown a tremendous amount of intestinal fortitude in fighting through the crowd of critics to master his craft.

And props to 76T for showing us the way and taking the heat for standing his position.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read