Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013   #501
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The TD pass to Kevin Walter last year was deep, hit him in stride and was an over the shoulder catch.
Gotta love that mile high air.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #502
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The TD pass to Kevin Walter last year was deep, hit him in stride and was an over the shoulder catch.
Are you saying you've seen Matt throw a lot of those?

I said "rarely" not the same as "never"
Old 08-07-2013   #503
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Are you saying you've seen Matt throw a lot of those?

I said "rarely" not the same as "never"
My point is, why would one throw during training camp "intrigue" you?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #504
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My point is, why would one throw during training camp "intrigue" you?
Anytime Schaub hits someone in stride intrigues me because every time he does it, he proves (to me) that he can do it. That he understands the concept & it becomes more evidence to support a statement he made a while back, that he consciously decides to under-throw a lot of balls.
Old 08-07-2013   #505
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anytime Schaub hits someone in stride intrigues me because every time he does it, he proves (to me) that he can do it. That he understands the concept & it becomes more evidence to support a statement he made a while back, that he consciously decides to under-throw a lot of balls.
Maybe he tried to underthrow him but messed up and accidentally put too much on it and ended up hitting him in stride.

Old 08-07-2013   #506
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Understanding the in-stride concept and having the ability to do it consistently at will are two different things. I've always had a problem accepting his statement regarding "consciously deciding to under throw a lot of balls" as anything more than an excuse.......that would also explain an apparent hesitance and/or inability to throw a fade route pass in the EZ.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #507
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

@JPalmerCSN

Quote:
Brian Cushing said he's a defensive minded guy & is excited to see D.J. Swearinger, Willie Jefferson & A.J. Bouye on Friday.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #508
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Understanding the in-stride concept and having the ability to do it consistently at will are two different things. I've always had a problem accepting his statement regarding "consciously deciding to under throw a lot of balls" as anything more than an excuse.......that would also explain an apparent hesitance and/or inability to throw a fade route pass in the EZ.
True.
Old 08-07-2013   #509
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Uhg... I just want to see some football. I'm dying here.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #510
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Uhg... I just want to see some football. I'm dying here.
Do you want to fight about it?

I hear it helps pass the time.
Old 08-07-2013   #511
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Martin looks great and Tate ran well. Who said Matt does not have a strong arm? He showed it off today.
Old 08-07-2013   #512
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Martin looks great and Tate ran well. Who said Matt does not have a strong arm? He showed it off today.
Were you out there today, Gary? Who else made an impression?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #513
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Wade Smith left practice with a knee. #texans

His own or.. ?
Old 08-07-2013   #514
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Texans OLB Willie Jefferson on 1st game "It's going to be an eye-opener, out there in the red, white, and blue with that bull on my head ready to make plays"
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Herring talked highly of Tuggle and Jefferson when we talked to him. #Texans

Tuggle starting as OLB is warranted. He has slowly climbed the depth chart because of injuries. #Texans

Good chance you will see Sharpton and Mays starting at ILB.
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Kubiak said first team will go 10-12 plays. Tate will start. #texans

Kubiak said he expects Arian Foster to be back next week. But said that he expected him back last week too. So well see he said.

Justin Tuggle will start Friday at OLB. #texans

Kubiak said that Mercilus should be back middle of next week. But most likely wont play vs Miami. #texans

Some names thrown out by Kubiak about not playing, Montgomery, Andre Johnson including all players that don't take turf reps. #texans
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
Kubiak said WR Andre Johnson and other #Texans who haven't practiced on turf lately won't play Friday.
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Kubiak: "Leslie (Frazier) has given Klint an opportunity. I'm so proud of him."

Kubiak on son Klint "it's pretty cool. I'm proud of him. He's worked real hard. I know it's something he wants to do, and Leslie (Frazie ...

Gary Kubiak's oldest son Klint is offensive quality control coach who helps with receivers at Minnesota.

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-07-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2013   #515
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Tuggle to start at OLB

Quote:
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 8m
Toggle will start Friday at OLB. #texans
Quote:
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 5m
Kubiak said he expects Arian Foster to be back next week. But said that he expected him back last week too. So well see he said. #texans
Quote:
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 9m
Kubiak said that Mercilus should be back middle of next week. But most likely wont play vs Miami. #texans
Quote:
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 11m
Some names thrown out by Kubiak about not playing, Montgomery, Andre Johnson including all players that don't take turf reps. #texans
Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 13m
Starters will get 10 to 12 plays on Friday. Andre Johnson won't play. #Texans
Old 08-07-2013   #516
Rey
Hall of Fame

Good news about them not playing. I'm not concerned with the vets really...Let them get 1 or 2 warm up games and let that be that...

I want to see the young guys...
Old 08-07-2013   #517
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Good news about them not playing...
Yeah I hate risking guys on turf.
Old 08-07-2013   #518
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Good chance you will see Sharpton and Mays starting at ILB.

Are we saying Cushing won't play, or are we saying Sharpton & Mays & Cushing will start at ILB?
Old 08-07-2013   #519
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Tuggle to start at OLB
How can we have missed this Tuggle guy with all the observations we've been getting out of TC?

Or am I the only one who missed him?
Old 08-07-2013   #520
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Are we saying Cushing won't play, or are we saying Sharpton & Mays & Cushing will start at ILB?
Cushing isn't playing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read