Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2013   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [DeadSpin]Why your team sucks 2013: Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Tell me you haven't had that train of thought go through your head as a Texans fan.
I laughed out loud at the "Hey! They're kind of not shitty!" part.

The whole thing was funny. Can't take any of that personal. They will most likely profile every team...I assume
Old 07-31-2013   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

On the radio the other day they trolled all their listeners...They had a fake Cowboy fan call up and mimic that rant....

Oh man...So many people called up wanting to give that cowboys fan a piece of their mind...

Radio guys said they wanted to see how people would react if they thought it was a Cowboy fan instead of a deadspin article......

Not sure what point they were trying to prove or if they even had one...but it was kind of funny to listen to...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not lying...... I was in that group.
As am I.

And I prefer hopeful to delusional.

Who goes into Belichick's & Brady's house thinking there isn't a chance they'll lose? That would be delusional.

But I thought we were better than we showed - especially defensively. My hopefulness rested with J.J. and Wade.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
As am I.

And I prefer hopeful to delusional.

Who goes into Belichick's & Brady's house thinking there isn't a chance they'll lose? That would be delusional.

But I thought we were better than we showed - especially defensively. My hopefulness rested with J.J. and Wade.
The difference between hope and expectation can be delusion. We all hoped the Texans would win, but most of us knew in our hearts they would probably get their asses kicked. And they did.
Old 08-02-2013   #25
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The difference between hope and expectation can be delusion. We all hoped the Texans would win, but most of us knew in our hearts they would probably get their asses kicked. And they did.
Yeah, I was in the "hope" "stranger things have happened" and "damn it, it's high time Houston won one of these" train of thought. No REAL expectations of winning, though.
Old 08-03-2013   #26
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought about it. But we put a whup'n on Denver & Baltimore & pretty much ended Chicago's play off hopes. Can't win them all. Nobody else does.
Lol exactly. Texans have won big primetime games, it just seems like the ones they have lost recently have been one sided...and you know the ones they've won has been one sided too. He pointed out two of the ones we lost but none of the big games we won...meh.
Old 08-07-2013   #27
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Lol exactly. Texans have won big primetime games, it just seems like the ones they have lost recently have been one sided...and you know the ones they've won has been one sided too. He pointed out two of the ones we lost but none of the big games we won...meh.
Were the Denver and Baltimore wins last year on prime time? I could have sworn those were either 4 pm or noon games. The one against Chicago was a night game.

Other than that (if you want to call that mud fest 1960's-esque game against Chicago a gem of an awesome win) what are the Texans other huge prime time wins?

All I can remember is the beating against Seattle, GB, and whatever fill in the blank team you want to name. I'm sure there are a few prime time wins the Texans have but I feel like the losses on prime time (and boy were they LOSSES and save me the "loss is a loss" fap fap fap) outnumber the wins by a decent margin.

Hoping Texans change that around this year finally! That article was funny though.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Other than that (if you want to call that mud fest 1960's-esque game against Chicago a gem of an awesome win) what are the Texans other huge prime time wins?
A win is a win.

When you've got one team that likes to control the clock & manage the whole game going against a team that likes to push the tempo & run up the score, you're going to get some ugly games.

Had we got on top of the Packers or the Patriots, it very well could have looked just as one sided our way. We weren't able to, I know.

But think about that when we give Wade so much credit for turning this team around. The offense drives everything. If the offense isn't doing what it needs to do, the defense will give up 41 points.

We have to score & we have to keep our guys rested. If we can't do that, it doesn't matter who our DC is. Not with the way the league is going.
Old 08-07-2013   #29
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A win is a win.

When you've got one team that likes to control the clock & manage the whole game going against a team that likes to push the tempo & run up the score, you're going to get some ugly games.

Had we got on top of the Packers or the Patriots, it very well could have looked just as one sided our way. We weren't able to, I know.

But think about that when we give Wade so much credit for turning this team around. The offense drives everything. If the offense isn't doing what it needs to do, the defense will give up 41 points.

We have to score & we have to keep our guys rested. If we can't do that, it doesn't matter who our DC is. Not with the way the league is going.
On the stat column for W's and L's for sure, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. But it feels like we're trying to say (the generic "we're" obviously) that the Texans have these bunches of prime time wins and/or lopsided prime time wins. I feel like it's pretty lopsided in both the W and L stat on the Texans history in prime time games being losses not to mention what the score was in most of those losses.

"We" love to say "wow we beat the hell out of Denver and Baltimore...see....see...." but when the Texans get smoked it's "a loss is a loss". Which is what we kept trying to tell each other towards the end of last season when in reality sometimes a loss is a sign of what is wrong and things to come, not just a tick on the stat line.

Anyway, not trying to start that whole debate necessarily, just saying, I feel like not every single W and L is "just a W or L" you know.

Agreed on the offense though needing to pick it up. Someone please get Schaub some shields and guards for this season.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read