Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2013   #41
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Story of Willie Jefferson OLB SFA

I'm interested to see how he plays on special teams kick coverage. That will earn him a roster spot similiar to Braman and keep him off the practice squad.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #42
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 12837 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Herring thinks he could be the Texans 3rd down edge rusher DURING the regular season, IF he has a good preseason.

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/jays...eggie-herring/
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #43
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

He played pretty well at training camp on Friday. I saw him jump really high and block a pass down the middle. He also had a few plays that would have been a sack, but that was with the second squad of a veteran day off...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #44
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Lot is being said about Willie but little on Bramen wonder if Texans keep both?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Lot is being said about Willie but little on Bramen wonder if Texans keep both?
Even though...

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Willie Jefferson eats five meals a day and lifts weights like crazy to gain weight and get stronger. He has amazing quickness off the edge.

Gary Kubiak says rookie OLB Willie Jefferson has a "chance to help us immediately." Jefferson is almost 6-6 and is up to 250 from 233.
I still have to think the game catches up to him at some point in the preseason. If not, and he's able to keep his head above water, then the Texans Front Office has made a tremendous steal from the UDFA ranks. Here's hoping...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #46
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Even though...

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

I still have to think the game catches up to him at some point in the preseason. If not, and he's able to keep his head above water, then the Texans Front Office has made a tremendous steal from the UDFA ranks. Here's hoping...
I think you're right while he's playing every down in the preseason. But I think Kubiak is probably looking at him as a situational pass rusher at this point. Allow him to play and not think too much. That's why I think its important for Sam to get back healthy. He'll probably play the run a lot better.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #47
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26020 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Brooke Bentley ‏@brookiebentley

Texans LB Willie Jefferson making @SouthlandSports & SFA proud. Kubiak: Hes got a tremendous opportunity to help this football team quickly

https://twitter.com/brookiebentley/s...01547449794560
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #48
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26020 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Undrafted rookie Jefferson adds weight, eyes big role with Texans

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...e-with-texans/
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
I like to see the Texans giving someone a chance even if they might have a slight police record. It wasn't thuggish, he wasn't robbing someone, he just smoked a little something and got caught. Kids do it.
I heard on the radio today that Willie Jefferson was kicked out of Baylor because they exhausted their disciplinary procedures concerning his marijuana use.

Here, in the OP of this thread, we hear that Willie Jefferson & his friend were busted as they fell asleep in the Taco Bell Drive through.

When I heard the Taco Bell thing, I thought, "No big deal." It's a little thing. NOW, after finding out Baylor addressed this issue several times kicked him out of the program, then he still has issues @ SFA... I'm starting to wonder about this kid. Wonder if he truly understands & appreciates the position he is in.

He appears to be a talented MoFo, but I hope his drug days are behind him, regardless how "recreational"
Old 08-06-2013   #50
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I heard on the radio today that Willie Jefferson was kicked out of Baylor because they exhausted their disciplinary procedures concerning his marijuana use.

Here, in the OP of this thread, we hear that Willie Jefferson & his friend were busted as they fell asleep in the Taco Bell Drive through.

When I heard the Taco Bell thing, I thought, "No big deal." It's a little thing. NOW, after finding out Baylor addressed this issue several times kicked him out of the program, then he still has issues @ SFA... I'm starting to wonder about this kid. Wonder if he truly understands & appreciates the position he is in.

He appears to be a talented MoFo, but I hope his drug days are behind him, regardless how "recreational"
We obviously don't really know, but Braman also had drug issues in college and is arguably our best non-kicker special teamer.
Old 08-06-2013   #51
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got a fresh start... will be tested... clean slate as far as I'm concerned.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #52
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
We obviously don't really know, but Braman also had drug issues in college and is arguably our best non-kicker special teamer.
I didn't know Braman had "drug issues". I thought he was just gardening up some little ol' 'schrooms and got popped.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #53
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I didn't know Braman had "drug issues". I thought he was just gardening up some little ol' 'schrooms and got popped.
Oh... yeah! Yeah. That's it.

He was just doing some extra credit for a GARDENING class and got popped for growing those shrooms. That's it.

Shroom Gardening 201. Very popular class for certain biology majors.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #54
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, having a mushroom chemistry lab means he had a drug issue. He either was selling, using, or both. dude pled guilty to having the lab. No need to defend a guy who admitted to doing something illegal.

and a link

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/08/...ath-to-texans/
Old 08-06-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did Braman get kicked out of a good-great program, then continue to show problems on his "second chance"

I'm not saying the Texans shouldn't have signed him, I'm saying I hope Willie Jefferson understands how lucky he is. This is at least his third chance, most guys don't get one.
Old 08-06-2013   #56
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 12837 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Did Braman get kicked out of a good-great program, then continue to show problems on his "second chance"

I'm not saying the Texans shouldn't have signed him, I'm saying I hope Willie Jefferson understands how lucky he is. This is at least his third chance, most guys don't get one.
Texans will cut him for being a pot head, but it doesn't mean other teams will..

Bengals, Cowboys, Pats, would gladly sign Willie if he's good. Regardless, of his off the field stuff.

Didn't know he had trouble at SFA, I thought it was his days at Baylor where he was puffin.'
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #57
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, having a mushroom chemistry lab means he had a drug issue. He either was selling, using, or both. dude pled guilty to having the lab. No need to defend a guy who admitted to doing something illegal.

and a link

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/08/...ath-to-texans/
Shouda used the ol' "sarcasm" emoticon.

My bad.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #58
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well i hope this guy is done being a childish knucklehead and realizes he can make a great living. I hope he does turn it around because the guy looks like he could help this team.
Old 08-07-2013   #59
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Shouda used the ol' "sarcasm" emoticon.

My bad.

for my part in the confusion
Old 08-07-2013   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Bengals, Cowboys, Pats, would gladly sign Willie if he's good. Regardless, of his off the field stuff.
Hasn't worked out well at all for the Bengals, so I don't know if we should start doing what they're doing. The Cowboys, pretty much the same boat.

The Pats... I've got a feeling they're going to change that practice. Just a hunch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read