Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-10-2013   #141
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I guess technically you're right because anything can happen, i.e. injuries, and kill any team's season. But barring an injury catastrophe, the Texans are looking at 10+ wins and making the playoffs. The Cowboys are looking at another 8-8 season (+/- a win or so), and if they're lucky, they could win their division. I give them about a 30% chance of that.

This kills me.

We had an excellent season in 2012, heck even 2011 despite a lot of devastating injuries.

I'm hoping we can finally see this team healthy in 2013, because it's been a long, long time since we have.
Old 08-10-2013   #142
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
All that matters for Dallas is what we have not what
someone has failed to provide! now if you had ever
actually watched your team and franchise win a
Lombardi title you would understand this clearly

but you haven't and so my question is how in the hell
would you know what counts and what doesn't when
that becomes the case????
I watched the Cowboys win five Lombardi's and your argument is stupid.
Old 08-10-2013   #143
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's these types of moronic statements that piss me off..the
past is dead to you, there are many living Dallas fans
"present" that grew up in that era watching Landry and
Staubach every Sunday in the fall

those days didn't die just because some Ms Cleo wannabe
is only trying to gaze into the crystal ball and only see's
what he/she wants to see

Or only hears what he/she wants to hear

All that matters for Dallas is what we have not what
someone has failed to provide! now if you had ever
actually watched your team and franchise win a
Lombardi title you would understand this clearly

but you haven't and so my question is how in the hell
would you know what counts and what doesn't when
that becomes the case????
Appreciate and respect your history, don't wallow in it and throw out past championships any time an opposing fan makes valid points about your current team.
Old 08-10-2013   #144
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A "Texans" fan watching Dallas win 5 is a poor substitute for
failing to see and understanding what's it's like when you have
1 of your own
Swing and a miss. I grew up in Dallas and was an avid Cowboys fan through each of those championships.

Your response is nonsensical on its face since it was impossible for a Texans fan to have watched those championships because the Texans didn't exist.
Old 08-10-2013   #145
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys suck.

Texans are a playoff team.

Deal with it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #146
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
And you at some point switch hit making it a moot point you
were once a fan and are now longer 1

thanks for playing
Predictable stupid argument as if all memories just evaporate if someone changes primary allegiance.
Old 08-10-2013   #147
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
when you win a Lombardi tell me about it till then the
playoffs are as irrelevant as your argument
I don't need a history lesson. I'm talking about right now, which is all that ever counts in pro sports. Right now the Cowboys suck, the Texans don't.

But whatever. You pull for your team, I'll pull for mine. And the reason I dislike the Cowturds so much is fans such as your self that feel a need to act out like superior jerks. I couldn't care less what the Cowboys do until we play them in the regular season. I got nothing against that team, it's their frigging self righteous fans I can't ****ing stand.

Old 08-10-2013   #148
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess the Oilers and two AFL titles mean something...third one lost to the Dallas Texans in OT

Or is TC just counting super bowls?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #149
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
when you win a Lombardi tell me about it till then the
playoffs are as irrelevant as your argument
The 1996 Cowboys suck.
The 1997 Cowboys suck.
The 1998 Cowboys suck.
The 1999 Cowboys suck.
The 2000 Cowboys suck.
The 2001 Cowboys suck.
The 2002 Cowboys suck.
The 2003 Cowboys suck.
The 2004 Cowboys suck.
The 2005 Cowboys suck.
The 2006 Cowboys suck.
The 2007 Cowboys suck.
The 2008 Cowboys suck.
The 2009 Cowboys suck.
The 2010 Cowboys suck.
The 2011 Cowboys suck.
The 2012 Cowboys suck.
The 2013 Cowboys suck.
Old 08-10-2013   #150
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The 1996 Cowboys suck.
The 1997 Cowboys suck.
The 1998 Cowboys suck.
The 1999 Cowboys suck.
The 2000 Cowboys suck.
The 2001 Cowboys suck.
The 2002 Cowboys suck.
The 2003 Cowboys suck.
The 2004 Cowboys suck.
The 2005 Cowboys suck.
The 2006 Cowboys suck.
The 2007 Cowboys suck.
The 2008 Cowboys suck.
The 2009 Cowboys suck.
The 2010 Cowboys suck.
The 2011 Cowboys suck.
The 2012 Cowboys suck.
The 2013 Cowboys swallow.
Just thought I'd make a small revision there.
Old 08-10-2013   #151
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Just thought I'd make a small revision there.

MSR

Old 08-10-2013   #152
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I have an entire side of my family that are devout Sowboy fans.... I hate'em

One told me at our family reunion he hoped Jerruh would die, I told him, wishing that on anyone is bad karma, but that may be their only hope LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #153
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
History is one long continuous existence and so from 1960-present
(53+years) and when that becomes the case it certainly doesn't
suck

and you still have no defense against it
I'm not trying to defend against it, just like you're not defending against the 1995 - 2013 Cowboys suck.

I like the Cowboys, though I'm not a fan, I respect their trophies & anxiously await the days the get back to their winning ways. But when asked, I'm honest..... they suck.
Old 08-10-2013   #154
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I have stated I could careless bout the present that is like me bringing up Danny
White! I don't consider White a winner and I don't consider the current team a
winner
So if I were to say the Cowboys suck & specified the 2012 Cowboys, you wouldn't argue?
Old 08-10-2013   #155
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I wouldn't even acknowledge it cause they are not worth talking about
So you don't go to the games? Watch the games? Listen on the radio? Read the news?

You're just a fan of those winning Cowboys & like 'cak, turned your back on the modern day "franchise" that shares the same name (even though they're not in Dallas)?
Old 08-10-2013   #156
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How 'bout them cowboys....

Lost to the Raiders!

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #157
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course, there is one area of comparison I don't think has been explored yet.....

Old 08-10-2013   #158
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Nice try

but you see I do watch the games and no I am not a fan when they only
"win" I have my expectations at a goal which is obtainable and realistic
and I don't waiver from that goal

I could careless what year it is, the goal is the same whether the year
is 1992 or 2013 win a super bowl!! if you bring me anything less than
that obtainable realistic goal

then NO I have no use for you and do turn my back on you and any
one having grown up in Texas and has played football at some level
So since the 1996 - 2012 Cowboys did not win the Super Bowl, they suck right?

& their chances of winning one in 2013 aren't much better since their biggest problem is still running the team, the 2013 Cowboys suck.

& since the 2013 Cowboys are the only ones that exist today, most people would understand any conversation about the Cowboys are referring to the 2013 Cowboys who have no chance of winning the Super Bowl & since they have no chance of winning the Super Bowl.......

The Cowboys suck.
Old 08-10-2013   #159
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

So, so much butthurt.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #160
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
History is one long continuous existence and so from 1960-present
(53+years) and when that becomes the case it certainly doesn't
suck

and you still have no defense against it
Well that answers my question earlier

So you might want to look up 1960 and 1961 Oilers then
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read