Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-07-2013   #121
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #122
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post

What you seeing in that pic isn't imaginary and can't be wiped
off a stat sheet!!! the rest can and so you are no different than
the current Dallas team
irrelevant till proven other wise
[/IMG]

I'm glad I'm not a Cowboy fan. Always looking towards the past with no hope for the future. Like a past your prime prostitute talking about how you used to knock 'em dead.

We are not like Dallas. We have hope for the future because we have a good organization.

You guys have Ol' glory hole and Richie Cunningham running your team.

Last edited by Rey; 08-07-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #123
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboy fans think in context of "we" as in "we won five superbowls", not reality, as in Roger Starbauch, Troy Aikman and their teammates won those superbowls. All fans are guilty of this but those whose teams have accomplished the most in the past but no foreseeable hope of even coming close in the future are the worst, i.e. cowboy fans. Can't say I blame them, when your future is as dim as The Mariana trench, I would harp on the past too.
Old 08-08-2013   #124
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for the Texans in their success, bad for me since game time once provided time to finish my paperwork before Monday. Now I have to wait until I go home.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #125
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That glory hole maybe old but sure is sweet to know we can lay claim
to hitting it with vengeance and owning a piece of something you may
never get to claim ever in your lifetime or the next

and so with that the present and future look a whole lot brighter
then the Texans with a Oiler's losing past haunting their present
and future
I barely remember the Oilers....That litterally means absolutely nothing to me.

I can remember maybe one Oiler game in my lifetime.

We may never indeed claim that top prize in my lifetime, but as a fan I have reasons to be optimistic. Cowboys? not so much.
Old 08-08-2013   #126
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing funnier than a fan of a non super bowl winning franchise
attempting to explain something he really could never understand

I mean that is like the virgin saying I know everything bout sex
but never banged a babe his entire life

Fans have a roll they play it's called their effort which players
respect knowing the countless hours and money they spent
vacationing to see a home game, or purchasing merchandise
hell even spending hours talking bout them online or at their
place of work

are they lesser because they do not wear pads and play the actual
game? nope not 1 iota!! you are treated like a share holder and a
friend and can brag because they watched and supported their team
to super bowl glory
I understand just fine, it's not rocket science. You had good, even great teams, thanks in part to the dumbass Vikings, and now you wallow in mediocrity thanks to your dumbass owner who is to prideful to hire a real GM. Because your present sucks so bad, you relive those old "glory days". Probably pop in a VHS tape every feb and imagine its your boys playing in the big game again, just like that sad ex jock at high school reunions who hasn't done jack with his life since HS and loves to relive a time in his life when he wasn't so pathetic. Don't throw those tapes away, because 20 years from now, it will still be the last Superbowls your boys attended without a ticket.
Old 08-08-2013   #127
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dallas fans have optimism Jerruh can't live forever and his son can't
be that big of a disappointment that he follows in dad's footsteps
when he is gone
They've been saying that forever about Bud........and at 90, he has already outlived many of those fans.........compared, Jerry's just a puppy at 70.......... Bud was also expected to transition things to his only son, who unfortunately was found shot and killed in his home in 2000.........now, they're talking about the Titans eventually being turned over to Bud's grandson...........when Bud dies............EVENTUALLY..........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #128
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is were the falsehood begins...it's in general not solely what the
here and now does for you, because what if the here and now does
not live up to highest standards attained by previous teams?

the here and now is irrelevant at that point and it remains that
way till someone comes along and takes away that irrelevancy.

Until then all that counts are the following era's 71,77,92,93 and 95
the rest you may as well forget about cause mentioning them is not
worth it

In Houston that is not the case

In Houston this is a new team, new franchise looking to make it's own
name for themselves!

now the reality is?

Yes you have won a few games here and there, but still have a overall
losing record since 2002. but you have had some records in that time
span that you could call "positive"

which include 2 division titles and 2 post season wins

Which nobody but you really remembers once the season ended!
since the media only hyped you till you could no longer be hyped
and the bottom fell out sending you home in disappointment

Were I differ?

I acknowledge the Cowboys short comings but in no way hype
the hard times and look for the rainbow at the end of the tragedy

A spade is a spade...you are what you are!! no amount of pats on
the back or look on the bright side speech is going to change the
fact you entered the season with 1 goal in mind.

you failed to achieve that goal, Baltimore in 2012 didn't fail the
rest did. Harsh reality I know but Tom Landry said it best

There is no such thing as second place

I don't think they are losers, I know they are losers if it quacks like
a duck it's a duck

you don't see me calling them a winner right? then I must be calling them
a loser
You ramble on and on and try to sound smart to the point point i cant read it all cause i just start to see BS all over the screen.

The here and now is all that matters. Your mentality is that of a cowboys fan and it is obvious that you cant stop reliving the past since the future has been meaningless for your boys.

Now run along and go watch your 1990's superbowl highlights.
Old 08-08-2013   #129
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even if he grew a brain and did the right thing! you simply
don't switch off the past and "forget" and this is were fans
of non super bowl winning franchises are being brain washed

it only matters what the present is doing the past is history
the past is not history! just because it's not that time

I mean it's like telling Holocaust survivors and Vietnam vets
that the nightmare they lived through is over and they should
just forget it

Doesn't work that way even if the lies being told are that
convincing to were you believe it to be undoubted truth

it still exists
Your attempts at psychology are terrible. All your patients would kill themselves
Old 08-08-2013   #130
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact of the matter is that 11 years is a long drought for any franchise and both the Texans and the Cowboys have experienced one, and neither has been close to capturing one of those trophies.

Neither team has much to crow about, and despite how good either team may look on paper, both could go down in flames again this season.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #131
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
The fact of the matter is that 11 years is a long drought for any franchise and both the Texans and the Cowboys have experienced one, and neither has been close to capturing one of those trophies.

Neither team has much to crow about, and despite how good either team may look on paper, both could go down in flames again this season.
I guess technically you're right because anything can happen, i.e. injuries, and kill any team's season. But barring an injury catastrophe, the Texans are looking at 10+ wins and making the playoffs. The Cowboys are looking at another 8-8 season (+/- a win or so), and if they're lucky, they could win their division. I give them about a 30% chance of that.

So, while I agree about the past decade, I don't agree about the upcoming season.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #132
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
till then what we have is what we have!! and I can live with it
and don't need my heads in clouds wondering when the next
one is coming our way

At least you're at peace with who you are. A ratchet cowgirl fan.
Old 08-09-2013   #133
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
You ramble on and on and try to sound smart to the point point i cant read it all cause i just start to see BS all over the screen.
OMG. I just put it together

TexasCowboy = Dex

Think about it, you know I am right.
Old 08-09-2013   #134
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I talk Rockets basketball with a friend or aquaintence that likes a team with zero championships I find it a weak argument, in fact an argument unworthy of discussion, to bring up the two championships won by Houston in the mid-nineties. If I were to argue with that weaponry I will have known I've already lost the argument. I will have brought a butter knife to a gun fight.

Old 08-09-2013   #135
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Rachete or not? your damn right I am content because at the end of the day
what was won then can never
No, you're content because that's all you can be.
Old 08-09-2013   #136
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

On the one hand:

On the other hand:

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #137
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. I'm in Dallas right now at a Buffalo Wild Wings trying to catch the Texans game. Showing the cowgirls game and I'm reppin' my texans shirt. Everyone is looking at me lol.
Old 08-09-2013   #138
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Ugh. I'm in Dallas right now at a Buffalo Wild Wings trying to catch the Texans game. Showing the cowgirls game and I'm reppin' my texans shirt. Everyone is looking at me lol.
F 'em. They are looking at your shirt thinking something like....

Quote:
On the the one hand

it's all ways nice to know there is a past that doesn't fail to repeat it's self

it's another when there is no past there for no present and future follow
in it's footsteps
It's all they got.
Old 08-10-2013   #139
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes the reality is those players mentioned are gone!!!

the other reality is what has the future done to catch up with
the past? and that answer remains nothing!! and so I don't hold
the unforeseeable future as worthy of getting talked about till
I see something that makes them worthy of being talked about

Till that time only thing worth talking about is what has been
done not what will be done in the near future
That does not sound like someone who is a realist. Sound more like someone who cannot handle the present and only live in the past.

The past is over and done with. Today is all there is.
Old 08-10-2013   #140
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami won by 24 points in there second game . Dallas lost by 2 in their second game . The Jaguars and Raiders were playing their 1st game and that's a huge disadvantage .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read