Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default And Where is AJ???????

Cris Carter's top 10 NFL receivers

It was tough narrowing the list down, but No. 1 was the easiest choice
Originally Published: July 31, 2013
By Cris Carter with Jeffri Chadiha | ESPN

Our "friend" at ESPN, Chris Carter, has essentially made AJ milk carton worthy.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if AJ gets motivated by slights, but if he does he should tape this article to his locker.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: And Where is AJ???????

Oh my! Another "list".
Yaaawnnn...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Cris Carter's top 10 NFL receivers

It was tough narrowing the list down, but No. 1 was the easiest choice
Originally Published: July 31, 2013
By Cris Carter with Jeffri Chadiha | ESPN

Our "friend" at ESPN, Chris Carter, has essentially made AJ milk carton worthy.
Maybe "our friend" Cris fell off the wagon with the booze, ecstasy and pot.
Old 07-31-2013   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Carter is one of those blustering talking heads I can't stand. This just solidifies my already negative opinion of him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default C'mon, Man???????

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #7
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: C'mon, Man???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
LMAO!!!

Seriously though how can we take a list that has Percy Harvin and Dez Bryant and the guy has the audacity to leave out Andre?. Oh we'll wish I could get paid to spit out trash too.
Old 07-31-2013   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He put Fitzgerald and his 700-something receiving yards at #2 and left AJ and his 1598 yards off completely. Yeah, I'm not giving that list any merit whatsoever.
Old 07-31-2013   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He put Fitzgerald and his 700-something receiving yards at #2 and left AJ and his 1598 yards off completely. Yeah, I'm not giving that list any merit whatsoever.
I don't think it's a coincidence that Fitzgerald was a ball boy for the Vikings when CC was playing there.

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere - I just don't feel like looking for it.
Old 07-31-2013   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ doesn't have the TD's to be considered here. I would bet that TD's are a major factor in this. I have a hard time contradicting Carter. He was one helluva receiver. AJ is, too, but has a very distinct lack of TD's.
Old 08-01-2013   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
AJ doesn't have the TD's to be considered here. I would bet that TD's are a major factor in this. I have a hard time contradicting Carter. He was one helluva receiver. AJ is, too, but has a very distinct lack of TD's.
AJ only had 4 TDs all season. Which is horrible.

Until you consider that Calvin Johnson and Reggie Wayne both had 5. Larry Fitzgerald had 4, granted he had horrible QBs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
AJ only had 4 TDs all season. Which is horrible.

Until you consider that Calvin Johnson and Reggie Wayne both had 5. Larry Fitzgerald had 4, granted he had horrible QBs.
Steve Smith had 4. TD's isn't looking like much of an explanation.
Old 08-01-2013   #13
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: C'mon, Man???????

Quote:
Dang I preferred it when SYSQO had silver hair.
Old 08-01-2013   #14
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

That is bs
Old 08-01-2013   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
As others have pointed out, TDs are not the factor here that you seem to think. As for contradicting Carter, the fact that he was a great WR means that he was/is good at things like catching a football and reading defenses. It does not in any way qualify him to make a list like this. To be fair, anyone can make such a list. It's only when you leave a WR like AJ out of such a list that everyone realizes you're an unqualified moron in that particular endeavor.
Old 08-01-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Two years ago Carter had Andre ranked as best in the league and Calvin Johnson unranked saying, "Calvin Johnson, he's very, very good at Madden and Tecmo Bowl or whatever they're playing now."

People laughed then, people laugh now. He does it for effect, to raise his profile for 15 minutes.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, & Roddy White.... I don't see how they make the list & Andre doesn't.

Dez Bryant, Percy Harvin, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, etc... I look at that the same as people rating Andrew Luck or some other younger, more exciting QB better than Schaub. They might be the smart decision going forward, but that don't make them the better QB/WR today. Some of those guys have had at least 3 season to show they're better WRs than Andre & I haven't seen it yet.

Calvin Johnson, I wouldn't argue. Aj Green, not worth arguing.... but them other chumps?? Not worth a roster spot without an Andre Johnson on the other side of the field.
Old 08-01-2013   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Oh my! Another "list".
Yaaawnnn...
My sentiments exactly, these off season lists are retarded. Cris Carter is simply trying to stir the pot, and it obviously worked on alot of folks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
My sentiments exactly, these off season lists are retarded. Cris Carter is simply trying to stir the pot, and it obviously worked on alot of folks.

Hope it worked on Andre Johnson too. His response to doubts about how much he has left in the tank is always fun to watch on Sundays.
Old 08-02-2013   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Chris Carter is one of those blustering talking heads I can't stand. This just solidifies my already negative opinion of him.
Quote:
It's only when you leave a WR like AJ out of such a list that everyone realizes you're an unqualified moron in that particular endeavor.
Quote:
He does it for effect, to raise his profile for 15 minutes.
All QFT. Carter is just another clown at the ESPN circus. hi, I'm Cris!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read