Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-04-2013   #101
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
That is were you are wrong,

I don't have a issue declaring them a loser which is why I don't mention
anything they do.
Do you think the Texans are losers?
Old 08-04-2013   #102
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
whew havent looked here in a while, this thread exploded

Nice pic.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #103
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of the cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I will admit that my "angst" towards the Cowboys has faded in recent years..
Well yeah!! Of course it has as they've become more and more irrelevant!
Old 08-04-2013   #104
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Because if you had been reading this entire time I don't even consider
the current Cowboys worthy of speaking of due to their failure
to secure a Lombardi title
Ok TC. That is why I said you thought they were losers

Like i said, I don't disagree but ..

Last edited by Wolf; 08-04-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #105
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I will admit that my "angst" towards the Cowboys has faded in recent years.

I grew up hating them because when I was a kid in Houston so many other kids were Cowboys fans and were always running down the Oilers and being so arrogant about the Cowboys. One in particular would never let it go even after the Oilers beat them on that Thanksgiving game in 1979. The Cowboys of course "were cheated" that day. I heard every excuse in the book and zero credit going to Earl and the Oilers.

I lived in Dallas in the mid 90's for a couple of years and actually liked the area. I grew up thinking I hated the city of Dallas because of the Cowboys however it is a good area to live. I also found the native Cowboys fans in Dallas were not the arsholes I was encountering in Houston. Most were pretty realistic fans and above all SHOULD be fans of the Cowboys since that is their home team.

Now that I live in Florida I never see Cowboys fans here. Actually it's the first state I have ever lived in where there are not a ton of Cowboys fans around (lived in New York and Philadelphia area before and plenty up there). I think I have seen 2 since coming here and they were probably "Mouse People" anyway.

So while Florida is getting bad press because Zimmerman, Casey whatever her name is, etc, there are some real positives here, that being one of them.

To me the Cowboys have become irrelevant. The Texans are a better team and organization and I don't see that changing as long as Jerrah is around. Eventually I think most Texans fans will start becoming like me. Any "bitterness", etc will just fade away because there will be no reason for it.

Also, the teams are not even in the same conference so there is no on field rivalry and probably never will be. Probably a good amount of Cowboys fans in Houston will jump ship to the Texans (as they were already doing in Austin before I left) and say it's because of Jerrah. All of that will just lead to apathy towards the Cowboys.

So enjoy these threads while you can.
Very well said. This is exactly how I feel as well, having lived in both Houston, Dallas, and now out of state. Most of my friends from the Dallas area are obviously Cowboys friends, and not one of them has ever had any animosity towards the Texans. If anything, it's indifference or curious support for another Texas team.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #106
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

To those of us who grew up as Oiler fans, it was cemented in stone that we shall forever hate the cowgirls when the great Carl Mauck sang this: "When the Superbowl race is over and those cowboys finally fall, we'll carry them home to Houston, on the Oiler Cannonball!"

http://youtu.be/hd72pNsv-5g
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #107
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerruh hard at work

Quote:
Bob Sturm @SportsSturm
There was the rare shot of an acting NFL GM drinking during a game in which his team is playing. And it doesn't even seem weird, anymore.
Quote:
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon
The GM is seriously evaluating the fourth quarter of the Hall of Fame Game. pic.twitter.com/fvW27JKZOC
Old 08-05-2013   #108
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is were you are wrong,

I don't have a issue declaring them a loser which is why I don't mention
anything they do.
We've noticed. All you ever mention is what they did which noone really cares about anymore. Its all about the here and now in the NFL, you know that.
Old 08-05-2013   #109
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I acknowledge the Cowboys short comings but in no way hype
the hard times and look for the rainbow at the end of the tragedy
It's especially hard to see something that isn't there.

Quote:
There is no such thing as second place

Sure there is. In Texas, as far as quality professional football, you guys are second.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #110
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is no such thing as second place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Sure there is. In Texas, as far as quality professional football, you guys are second.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #111
paycheck71
All Pro

Godalmighty, this is such a tiring argument:

- Cowboys suck!
- We won 5 Superbowls.
- Romo threw 5 int's the other day.
- We won 5 Superbowls.
- Jerry got another facelift.
- We won 5 Superbowls.

No one is taking Cowboys history away. Everyone knows that the Cowboys were once a great organization, one that won multiple championships and assembled great teams, one that was worthy of being admired. TexasCowboy, even you know that they no longer are that type of an organization. I'm not a Cowboy hater, a lot of my friends are Cowboys fans, but throwing out the 5 Superbowls as an argument every single time is ridiculous. We don't live in a binary world, there are shades of gray, and while I understand that this thread is confrontational by definition, we can still have a normal discussion here. Most of us are much younger than you are and don't have the memories of the 60's and 70's Cowboys the way you do, and the last 15 years of Cowboys history are not something to be admired.
Old 08-05-2013   #112
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

So once a team reaches five superbowls, they can suck forever and still be the greatest team on earth?!.
Old 08-05-2013   #113
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Godalmighty, this is such a tiring argument:

- Cowboys suck!
- We won 5 Superbowls.
- Romo threw 5 int's the other day.
- We won 5 Superbowls.
- Jerry got another facelift.
- We won 5 Superbowls.

No one is taking Cowboys history away. Everyone knows that the Cowboys were once a great organization, one that won multiple championships and assembled great teams, one that was worthy of being admired. TexasCowboy, even you know that they no longer are that type of an organization. I'm not a Cowboy hater, a lot of my friends are Cowboys fans, but throwing out the 5 Superbowls as an argument every single time is ridiculous. We don't live in a binary world, there are shades of gray, and while I understand that this thread is confrontational by definition, we can still have a normal discussion here. Most of us are much younger than you are and don't have the memories of the 60's and 70's Cowboys the way you do, and the last 15 years of Cowboys history are not something to be admired.
It is kind of a dated argument, but it's undeniable that the Cowboys franchise has climbed the mountain twice; first with Staubach, and second with an entirely different team under Aikman. Very few franchises can claim that. Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Giants, among the few.

It's also true that ever since the Texans began playing, neither the Texans nor the Cowboys has threatened to win a title. The race is on to see who can build a championship team in this era, but neither team has yet grabbed the reins.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #114
paycheck71
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
It is kind of a dated argument, but it's undeniable that the Cowboys franchise has climbed the mountain twice; first with Staubach, and second with an entirely different team under Aikman. Very few franchises can claim that. Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Giants, among the few.

It's also true that ever since the Texans began playing, neither the Texans nor the Cowboys has threatened to win a title. The race is on to see who can build a championship team in this era, but neither team has yet grabbed the reins.
Can't argue with any of this.
Old 08-05-2013   #115
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess thank God for Madden and or fantasy football
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #116
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
It is kind of a dated argument, but it's undeniable that the Cowboys franchise has climbed the mountain twice; first with Staubach, and second with an entirely different team under Aikman.
True, but the team the Cowboys fielded (& the Steelers for that matter) in 2012 were no where near the top of that mountain. The Steelers had been there recently, & will probably be grazing near the top of the top of the mountain soon enough.

But the Cowboys, that group of guys they've got running the show right now... not so much. Jerruh & his boys displaying those trophies in his stadium would be no different than if Bob beat Jerry in a game of poker & brought them to H-Town. The last decade of Cowboy's history tells you how much of those trophies were Jimmy & how much of them were Jerry.
Old 08-06-2013   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
whenever someone turns around and says!!! that it doesn't matter
what someone did 15-20 years ago, is not only trying to take away
history. But is a direct slap in the face to those who have earned
their right to be called winners
I don't know about that. The only person left from the Cowboy's 90s dynasty is Jerrah & Garrett. Most people don't give them much credit for that era because Garrett was a back up & Jerrah ruined your team.

Most of us here have much respect for Emmit & don't appreciate the way he was ushered out of Dallas. Respect for Troy Aikman, even though some of us understate his ability as a QB & leader. Much respect for Larry Allen, most of that OL, DL, LBs, FBs.... heck, all the players that made it happen.

The team that will take the field in 2013, like you say doesn't "size up"

When I say the Cowboys suck, I'm not talking about the dynasty, or the Triplettes. I'm talking about Romo & Jerrah.
Old 08-06-2013   #118
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
whenever someone turns around and says!!! that it doesn't matter
what someone did 15-20 years ago, is not only trying to take away
history. But is a direct slap in the face to those who have earned
their right to be called winners
It isn't someone - it is something, a team. The someones who were on that team are gone. There is no slap in the face to anyone on those Staubach and Aikman teams to say they haven't done anything since.
Old 08-07-2013   #119
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Another kick in the face for the Boys. After thinking about over night, Brandon Moore the vet guard, after agreeing to a deal with Dallas last night..........decided he'd rather eat glass or retire...........final decision.....retire.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #120
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Another kick in the face for the Boys. After thinking about over night, Brandon Moore the vet guard, after agreeing to a deal with Dallas last night..........decided he'd rather eat glass or retire...........final decision.....retire.
Brandon Moore, Brandon Moore, snap finger, scratch head, thinking... I'll be back, need to do some research.

Ok, I'm back. I picked up the following info from Wikipedia.

Brandon Lamont Moore (born June 3, 1980)
Signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2002.
Signed with the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent on April 26, 2002.
After spending time with the practice squad, Moore first saw action in 2003, appearing in three games and starting one.
The Jets released Moore on February 26, 2009; he was re-signed on February 27, 2009.
Moore was finally selected to his first Pro Bowl after the 2011-2012 season
On August 7, 2013, Moore signed a one year deal with the Dallas Cowboys.
Shortly after, retired to be with family.

Best wishes to Mr. Moore as he enters the next phase of life.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read