Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-30-2013   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 9 Days and counting

Until the first pre-season game. It's almost here. It's almost time.

We'll finally have something real to talk about for a change.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne

Last edited by Thorn; 07-31-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: just because
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 10 Days and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Rep for the happy-making perspective!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

MSR.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the Friday after this coming. That's just not that far away. I can't wait to see the guys in action again, along with all the new ones.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've already gone to NFL.com and paid for their pre-season package so I can watch the game live.
Old 07-30-2013   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
MSR.
Already got him.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've already gone to NFL.com and paid for their pre-season package so I can watch the game live.
So am I misinterpreting NFLN's promo commercial about broadcasting "every single NFL preseason game"?

What they really mean is they're indeed broadcasting it but ya gotta dig deep if ya wanna watch.

Them sneaky bastids.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2013   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MSR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Already got him.
Got him, too. Best news I've had all month! I did not realize how soon an actual pre-season game was to us. Even though most of us get to the point of wanting a regular season game in pre-season, it always feels great to hear pre-season is here!

Old 07-30-2013   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
So am I misinterpreting NFLN's promo commercial about broadcasting "every single NFL preseason game"?

What they really mean is they're indeed broadcasting it but ya gotta dig deep if ya wanna watch.

Them sneaky bastids.
They broadcast every single NFL preseason game... but they don't broadcast it live. You've got to turn on your DVR to make sure you get it and then watch later.

With the NFL.com stuff, you can watch all the games live on your computer (or TV, if you've got your computer hooked up to your TV) for $20. And you can go back and watch any of the games you want afterwards, too.

AND, what's kinda cool, is you can choose which team's broadcasters you want to listen to.
Old 07-30-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep.

I think the Junior Varsity is playing on Sunday night... if you're bored.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #11
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They broadcast every single NFL preseason game... but they don't broadcast it live. You've got to turn on your DVR to make sure you get it and then watch later.

With the NFL.com stuff, you can watch all the games live on your computer (or TV, if you've got your computer hooked up to your TV) for $20. And you can go back and watch any of the games you want afterwards, too.

AND, what's kinda cool, is you can choose which team's broadcasters you want to listen to.
Gotcha. Same thing GP posted last season. Heck, 20 bucks, I might think about it again.

Thanks for the clarification.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for the games to begin..

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ns+at+Chargers
Old 07-30-2013   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for the games to begin..

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ns+at+Chargers
I think, the most of us here at TTC feeling the same vibe. Heck, I get excited just watching the Texans practice on video.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #14
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 07-31-2013   #15
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 14915 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As have I, i'm ready to go!
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the Texans preseason games were broadcast on local tv.

Old 07-31-2013   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
I thought the Texans preseason games were broadcast on local tv.

Which is great if you're in Houston...
Old 07-31-2013   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yep.

I think the Junior Varsity is playing on Sunday night... if you're bored.
Actually, its the JV I'm kinda interested in. It'll be good to get eyes on all these young'uns that our camp spies have been feeding us intel on over the summer.

Anyone thinking of hooking up someplace to watch En Masse'??
hint, hint...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which is great if you're in Houston...
Hey are you going to the game against the Cowpies since you're up that way??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hey are you going to the game against the Cowpies since you're up that way??
We've thought about it but it's the 4th preseason game, so we've decided to skip it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read