Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2013   #21
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MMQB: Brian Cushing Wants To Hit Something

Quote:
“Certain guys can try to replicate it,” Cushing says of his effect on the defense, “but I think it was different without those guys seeing me out there to pump them up every week.”
Quote:
"Brian Cushing’s back, and he’s going to bring the attitude back," Brooks Reed. #Texans

Brooks Reed talked about JJ Watt taking over Cushing's pregame speech role last year. Thinks Watt practiced speeches in the mirror #Texans
Hmmm.....
Old 07-31-2013   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Hmmm.....
When you have two great players in their prime, a lot of times there is a silent competition between the two.

Cushing wouldn't be Cushing if he didn't believe he has the best player on the defense.

Speaking of multiple great players...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #23
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
When you have two great players in their prime, a lot of times there is a silent competition between the two.

Cushing wouldn't be Cushing if he didn't believe he has the best player on the defense.

Speaking of multiple great players...
Right, but that doesn't speak to Reed's comments.

Maybe it's my own inherent bias; I have always found Watt to be slightly... hokey (I know I will get killed for this).

Reed almost seems to confirm that here.
Old 07-31-2013   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
everytime i see this i remember this video of it. its funny cause its has ukrainian commentators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqlx5tgT5Q
You've got to love this one:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tetRHJc...eature=related

Can't wait to see the animal running loose again.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe it's my own inherent bias; I have always found Watt to be slightly... hokey (I know I will get killed for this).

I agree...But I think he has a good amount of hokiness...Enough that it's noticeable at times....But not too much to where it becomes annoying and disingenuous...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I don't know that "hokey" is the right word.

There are all kinds of leaders. There are the guys who work with you, to make you better, so that the team gets better. People respect him, they trust him, they do what he says, because they believe he truly has their best interest at heart.

Cushing on the other hand, he says a couple of words & he's got you wanting to headbutt your grandmother. Somebody's going to get jacked up & you want to be on his side when the melee starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I agree...But I think he has a good amount of hokiness...Enough that it's noticeable at times....But not too much to where it becomes annoying and disingenuous...
I think you hit that one ON THE NOSE
Old 07-31-2013   #27
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think Watt is more like AJ than Cushing, though not as quiet. It seemed like he tried to take over as the vocal leader when Cushing went down, and I give him credit for that, but Cushing was irreplaceable in that role.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He's not right ..... in the head.

This one for some reason made me think of this

Old 08-01-2013   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This one for some reason made me think of this

That or Travis Bickle.

Old 08-01-2013   #30
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

si.com's new layout is awful...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #31
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Cush is just a BAMF.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #32
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

That article got me pumped up and ready to kick ass. Think about being a player on the same team as Cush. Cushing is the emotional leader of this team and he has been my favorite player for a while. Miss him and can't wait for him to wreck shop. Poor guy was having a great season last year.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #33
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it September yet?
Old 08-07-2013   #34
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
everytime i see this i remember this video of it. its funny cause its has ukrainian commentators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqlx5tgT5Q
Anyone else see Gregg Jones put Crick on his butt...HARD. I assume it Jones, but the fullback throws a "chip" block from hell at the DE and puts him down in a hurry lol. Its always nice when you have a guy who makes you say "I'm glad he's on our side".
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read