Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 07-31-2013   #81
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of the cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
Again unlike you we have the hardware to back up our **** and don't need now
to validate our claims while all you do is **** diarrhea of the mouth while trying
to proclaim failure is the new success
What have you done for me lately?

You're starting QB has the same # of playoff wins as our backup QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #82
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt the conversation would be much different.

Then the conversation would turn to "let me know when the Texans 5 rings" or " let me know when the Texans win back to back titles"

After all history,time and overall playoff wins is on the Cowboys side.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #83
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98612 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

As both a Cowboys fan (since birth) and a Texans fan (since the team started), the "rivalry" between the fanbases is just dumb. Unless Cowboys fans are being intentionally antagonistic, they usually don't really care about the Texans.

It always seems that Houston's weird (and undeserved) inferiority complex always seems to pop up in anything Dallas.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #84
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I had people look at me funny when I said I was a Texan fan and also a cowboys fan.i don't understand the "rivalry"being we don't play each other except every 4 years. Preseason means nothing. Sure there is the governors cup.

I just don't see a rivalry except with the fans.

Now with the rockets,spurs, and mavs...yes I see it.
I guess Astros and Rangers will get there
Old 07-31-2013   #85
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but until then there is no point in going any further
bye

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #86
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Yeah I had people look at me funny when I said I was a Texan fan and also a cowboys fan.i don't understand the "rivalry"being we don't play each other except every 4 years. Preseason means nothing. Sure there is the governors cup.

I just don't see a rivalry except with the fans.

Now with the rockets,spurs, and mavs...yes I see it.
I guess Astros and Rangers will get there
I think a lot of it is due to the obnoxious behavior of most of their fans. IMO, most of them are just snobby simply because their team is the “almighty" Cowboys. I don't get the same vibe from fans of other teams who have had equal or more success. They love to live off their Super Bowl wins but seem ignorant of the fact that an entire generation of fans has grown up seeing the Cowboys as nothing better than mediocre the last two decades.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #87
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
who says I am leaving??? I just simply stated I am not getting into a
pissing contest over who the biggest loser is? cause there is no real
winner in that contest
What did you expect would happen when you came to Texans board and decided to partake in a thread titled "Lets make fun of the cowboys"? Did you think those old memories would help? Don't get all defensive. You knew what this thread was about.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-31-2013   #88
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think a lot of it is due to the obnoxious behavior of most of their fans. IMO, most of them are just snobby simply because their team is the “almighty" Cowboys. I don't get the same vibe from fans of other teams who have had equal or more success. They love to live off their Super Bowl wins but seem ignorant of the fact that an entire generation of fans has grown up seeing the Cowboys as nothing better than mediocre the last two decades.
Exactly! Steelers have 6, two of which are recent. I don't see them acting the same way as Cowboy fans.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2013   #89
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
who says I am leaving??? I just simply stated I am not getting into a
pissing contest over who the biggest loser is? cause there is no real
winner in that contest
It is very simple. Jerry Jones = the cowboys. Jerry Jones sucks, so the cowboys suck. I live in today. You live in the past. According to your bio you are 76 years old. Jerry is 70 years old. So for the rest of your life the cowboys are going to suck. Sorry.

Quote:

The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.

Abraham Maslow

The Highwaymen
Old 07-31-2013   #90
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
What have you done for me lately?

You're starting QB has the same # of playoff wins as our backup QB.
I didn't even think about it that way.
Old 07-31-2013   #91
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think all that has more do with the current make up of an organization rather than the history behind it. I would say the mindset of the Texans organization right now is not much different than that of the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, or Cowboys.
Their goals are the same, yes. But there is a different feeling when you walk into a building where there has been great history.

Players have even said as much. They've talked about the mystique of being on certain teams. Opposing players even talk about what it means to play against certain teams in their stadiums.

And naturally teams with rich histories have more fans. More fans = more attention. That in itself equates to more pressure because you're going to be in the spot light more.

If the Cowboys go to the superbowl there'd be so much interest in that game because they are so polarizing. People that don't even care about the teams involved would be watching with a rooting interest. Compare that to a team like the Cardinals going to the Superbowl...It's a nice little story, but there's not nearly the spectacle of it all.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Cowboys fans existing past bright hopes into the present and future
Does Jerruh got health problems we don't know about?
Old 07-31-2013   #93
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again unlike you we have the hardware to back up our **** and don't need
to validate our claims, of that succes with this here and now bull**** you so widely
buy into while all you do is **** diarrhea of the mouth while trying to proclaim failure
is the new success
You do know England was a super power at one time right? Same as Rome & Greece.... Persia....

That's pretty much what you're doing. "We were the **** a million million years ago....

Right now, the Texans are like Canada. We may never be a Super Power, but we're better than you.
Old 07-31-2013   #94
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Does Jerruh got health problems we don't know about?
Quote:
i'm hoping like hell he does

Quote:
With 19 years of NFL experience, Stephen Jones has established himself as one of the brightest and most versatile young executives in professional sports. Recognized as Owner Jerry Jones's right-hand man, Stephen is currently the Cowboys Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President, and Director of Player Personnel as well as President of Texas Stadium.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/st...a-2d349c12f202

does it matter?

The Highwaymen
Old 08-02-2013   #95
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I will admit that my "angst" towards the Cowboys has faded in recent years.

I grew up hating them because when I was a kid in Houston so many other kids were Cowboys fans and were always running down the Oilers and being so arrogant about the Cowboys. One in particular would never let it go even after the Oilers beat them on that Thanksgiving game in 1979. The Cowboys of course "were cheated" that day. I heard every excuse in the book and zero credit going to Earl and the Oilers.

I lived in Dallas in the mid 90's for a couple of years and actually liked the area. I grew up thinking I hated the city of Dallas because of the Cowboys however it is a good area to live. I also found the native Cowboys fans in Dallas were not the arsholes I was encountering in Houston. Most were pretty realistic fans and above all SHOULD be fans of the Cowboys since that is their home team.

Now that I live in Florida I never see Cowboys fans here. Actually it's the first state I have ever lived in where there are not a ton of Cowboys fans around (lived in New York and Philadelphia area before and plenty up there). I think I have seen 2 since coming here and they were probably "Mouse People" anyway.

So while Florida is getting bad press because Zimmerman, Casey whatever her name is, etc, there are some real positives here, that being one of them.

To me the Cowboys have become irrelevant. The Texans are a better team and organization and I don't see that changing as long as Jerrah is around. Eventually I think most Texans fans will start becoming like me. Any "bitterness", etc will just fade away because there will be no reason for it.

Also, the teams are not even in the same conference so there is no on field rivalry and probably never will be. Probably a good amount of Cowboys fans in Houston will jump ship to the Texans (as they were already doing in Austin before I left) and say it's because of Jerrah. All of that will just lead to apathy towards the Cowboys.

So enjoy these threads while you can.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #96
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

I grew up hating them because when I was a kid in Houston so many other kids were Cowboys fans and were always running down the Oilers and being so arrogant about the Cowboys. One in particular would never let it go even after the Oilers beat them on that Thanksgiving game in 1979. The Cowboys of course "were cheated" that day. I heard every excuse in the book and zero credit going to Earl and the Oilers.

I lived in Dallas in the mid 90's for a couple of years and actually liked the area. I grew up thinking I hated the city of Dallas because of the Cowboys however it is a good area to live. I also found the native Cowboys fans in Dallas were not the arsholes I was encountering in Houston. Most were pretty realistic fans and above all SHOULD be fans of the Cowboys since that is their home team.

Now that I live in Florida I never see Cowboys fans here. Actually it's the first state I have ever lived in where there are not a ton of Cowboys fans around (lived in New York and Philadelphia area before and plenty up there). I think I have seen 2 since coming here and they were probably "Mouse People" anyway.

So while Florida is getting bad press because Zimmerman, Casey whatever her name is, etc, there are some real positives here, that being one of them.

To me the Cowboys have become irrelevant. The Texans are a better team and organization and I don't see that changing as long as Jerrah is around. Eventually I think most Texans fans will start becoming like me. Any "bitterness", etc will just fade away because there will be no reason for it.

Also, the teams are not even in the same conference so there is no on field rivalry and probably never will be. Probably a good amount of Cowboys fans in Houston will jump ship to the Texans (as they were already doing in Austin before I left) and say it's because of Jerrah. All of that will just lead to apathy towards the Cowboys.

So enjoy these threads while you can.
Exactly how I feel. Doesnt meen we like the Cowboys now, just that they are irrelevant to us. Like I posted earlier, the back and forth arguments are still the same as back when I would get into it with family and friends and on boards. To me its just boring now. Those feeling have switched to the Colts, Titans and now Patriots.
Old 08-02-2013   #97
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

I don't live in Houston, I'm 90 miles East in the Golden Triangle. We don't have our own professional sports teams, so we've always latched onto the closest ones. Growing up there were Oiler fans, Cowboy fans, Saints fans (we're 30 minutes from Louisiana) Rockets fans, Spurs fans (never saw any Maverick fans until recently).

I had a really cool Oilers Letterman style jacket I wore from 3rd grade to like the 5th ('78 through '81) I loved that jacket. That was way before "Starters" & Reebok & Nike getting huge. It was the only one I had ever seen, that had the derrick on the back without the helmet. I got so much attention because it was so unique.

Mind you, I wasn't a football fan at the time. I knew there were games on Sundays, I knew Houston was winning a bunch of games at the time. I remember the Luv ya Blue campaign, everyone was saying it. I remember Earl Campbell was everyone's favorite player... but that was probably it. I didn't even know what the Super Bowl was back then.

But I loved that jacket.
Old 08-02-2013   #98
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102277 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

whew havent looked here in a while, this thread exploded

Old 08-04-2013   #99
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102277 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just want to make a little side note before I respond to this nonsense

what we have here isn't a argument in fact this entire montage should
have ended when the mentioning of a super bowl was brought up

But instead we have been treated to barrage of the media has it right
and anyone not agreeing with their assessment is flat out wrong b/c
the media is all ways right!!

well bubble bursting time

The media got it wrong and for once a whacked out Austrian got it right
when he said the following

and the quote that best sums it all up

now to your comment

If you can show me were the Texans not the Oiler's are currently
housing their Lombardi titles to back up their claims of success
I'll back off and leave it alone

but if you fail to provide me proof?

you owe me a apology
First off we are the texans not the oilers, so that has nothing to do with us anyways.

And who cares what you guys did in the 80s and 90s. His point is that since we have existed which is 2002 we have won more play-off games then you guys.

Is that fact or fiction ? Noone owes you an apology, you came to the texans message board....So deal with it.
Old 08-04-2013   #100
Wolf
100% Texan

Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

And you have no problem dismissing the current cowboys. So obviously you can't handle losing either

Which I don't argue against, just find it funny that you don't include their stats

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read